so we've put it at the bottom!
   New Reply  New Topic  New Poll 

Prayin for Daylight, Open!
Dimitri Gibbons
 Posted: Jan 5 2013, 01:13 PM

Wonders

Full App
Played by: N/A

"What the hell was I thinking?" Dimitri was kicking himself. He'd taken a dare from some of his...well one couldn't really call them friends really, but some of his fellows and rushed headlong into it.

It was partially a charity thing, he had a box of food to deliver, or atleast leave it in a place people would find it. Candies and the like, treats. But he had to be here after dark, and not return til after midnight. "Oh Hell..." Dimitri bundled his heavy black coat around him further and kept walking.

It was a few minutes later when he heard someone following him and squeazed his eyes shut tighter, moving faster, taking off a almost a run as soon as he put the box down. A chance to go out with Jeremiah's pretty sister was riding on this....he needed to stick around somehow.
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Dolan Jones
 Posted: Jan 7 2013, 03:51 PM

Wonders

Full App
Played by: Jeffrey

"'ey, kid. Prolly shouldn't be strollin' t'rough 'ere without yer mum." The voice was deep, raspy. The kind that belonged to a man who smoked too much. If Dmitri were to turn, he would see a tall, slim man in a battered brown top hat. His hair was long, scraggly, dark, streaked with gray, unwashed. His clothes matched the rest of him -- dirty, old, worn.

As soon as the man had started talking, the kid put his box down and started to rush off. The man tilted his head, deciding whether to check the box or go after the kid.

The box could wait.

"Come back 'ere, boyo," he called after him, walking briskly to catch up.
PM>>
^
Dimitri Gibbons
 Posted: Jan 7 2013, 04:06 PM

Wonders

Full App

Dimitri sighed. "I am an idiot." he muttered to himself as he moved. Atleast needed to find a place he could either defend or run over obstacles from. "Leave me alone." His voice was young but firm enough. "I didnt hurt anyone. I did nothing wrong." He looked around and spotted a slope of snow. Perfect. If he hit that with...whatever his magic really was.... he could turn it into steam and run while this guy couldn't see him.
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Dolan Jones
 Posted: Jan 7 2013, 05:19 PM

Wonders

Full App

"Where're ya goin', pretty boy?" The man's pace picked up.

The boy was young, clean. Soft. The man assumed -- hoped -- he had money. Valuables.

There was a sharp whistle and the man whirled around. "How's about ya leave the kid alone, huh?" a voice said, followed by a few slow footsteps, bringing a figure out of the shadows. A mask covered the figure's face.

"What're you gonna do 'bout it?"

The figure stepped closer. "These are my streets. Leave the kid alone."

Moonlight reflected off of blade that suddenly appeared at the dirty man's side. "Charger, right? Heh. If I killed ya... I'd be a legend."

"Then let's see if we can make a legend outta ya."

The man ran at Charger, who remained where he was. When the man was close enough, Charger threw out a fist and caught him in the jaw, then he knocked the knife out of his hand and hit him in the face again, harder, putting his lights out.

Disappointing.

Dolan looked up to see how far the kid had gotten, then went off after him, leaving the unconscious man where he lay. "Hey, kid!" he called, trying to find him. Worth a shot, right?
PM>>
^
Dimitri Gibbons
 Posted: Jan 7 2013, 05:32 PM

Wonders

Full App

Dimitri had backed himself into a corner by the snow pile and watched the fight. "Whoa...." he whispered, in a little bit of awe. Oh who was he kidding? Alot of awe. He'd heard stories...and these guys were like Modern day Robin Hoods.
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Dolan Jones
 Posted: Jan 7 2013, 05:48 PM

Wonders

Full App

There he was. "Hey. Ya a'right, kid?" He approached slowly.
PM>>
^
Dimitri Gibbons
 Posted: Jan 7 2013, 05:55 PM

Wonders

Full App

"Im fine. Fine." Dimitri kept his eyes on the older man....Charger..... as he nodded and stood up a little taller. "Thanks." this was alot more interesting than a date with someone's prissy sister. No matter how pretty.
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Dolan Jones
 Posted: Jan 7 2013, 05:58 PM

Wonders

Full App

"Good. Now, what in the shit are ya doin' in the 'Lands?"
PM>>
^
Dimitri Gibbons
 Posted: Jan 7 2013, 06:21 PM

Wonders

Full App

"its a long stupid story." he knew when he was being stupid atleast. Dimitri stuck his hands in his pockets. why not tell him the truth? he owen the man that much. "one of the boys i...know. he found out something about me. said if i passed the dare he wouldnt tell anybody. and i could take his sister to a play."
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Dolan Jones
 Posted: Jan 7 2013, 06:33 PM

Wonders

Full App

He nodded when the kid was done. "Next time? Just kick his ass. Teach 'im a lesson, yeah? Much easier'n hangin' 'round in the 'Lands. Safer, too."
PM>>
^
Dimitri Gibbons
 Posted: Jan 7 2013, 06:37 PM

Wonders

Full App

"that wouldnt help things at all..." Dimitri sighed, half shruggs and hung his head a little thinking about it. "Thanks though."
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Dolan Jones
 Posted: Jan 7 2013, 06:42 PM

Wonders

Full App

He chuckled. "C'mon," he said, with another nod. "Let's get outta here, 'fore ya meet some o' bad guys that live 'round here."
PM>>
^
Dimitri Gibbons
 Posted: Jan 7 2013, 06:56 PM

Wonders

Full App

"Definatly." he agreed and with a quick flip of his wrist his hat popped onto place on his head. "Its just like all the stories down here. Thats for sure." Dimitri rolled his eyes at himself. He wasn't in a hurry to get home, but anywhere other than the open area he was currently standing in would be great with him.
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Dolan Jones
 Posted: Jan 7 2013, 08:32 PM

Wonders

Full App

He wanted to take the mask off, but Maria and Dom were pretty serious on the masks.

Even though Dolan didn't give a damn if people saw his face. In fact, he wanted them to, so they would be afraid of him if they saw him on any given day.

But alas, he kept it on, because blah blah logic and rationale.

He started to lead the way, walking alongside the kid. Speaking of which, "What's your name, kid?"
PM>>
^
Dimitri Gibbons
 Posted: Jan 7 2013, 08:56 PM

Wonders

Full App

"Dimitri....ah Dimi for short. Friends call me Etra....if I have them." he sighed a little and shrugged again then smirked. "or Etradini....I uh...do magic." it sounded lame he knew. "its really just slight of hand."
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Dolan Jones
 Posted: Jan 8 2013, 06:31 AM

Wonders

Full App

The word magic caught his attention, but then he brushed it off when the kid dismissed it as sleight of hand.

So he only did tricks.

"Dimi," he repeated, because he didn't want to go presuming they were friends.
PM>>
^
Dimitri Gibbons
 Posted: Jan 8 2013, 07:25 AM

Wonders

Full App

"Good eno..WHoa!" Dimitri hit a patch of ice and slipped, falling on his hands and knees. He was so nervous that when he hit his hands slapped the pavement, and the heat he'd been storing since he started to run melted a good five foot round circle around him down to a puddle on the sidewalk. "Great." Dimitri sighed, and didn't bother getting up.
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Dolan Jones
 Posted: Jan 16 2013, 12:07 PM

Wonders

Full App

He moved to catch the kid, but was too slow. So instead he moved to help him up, only to see the ice he'd just slipped on melting away.

Tilting his head, he reached an arm down to help him up. "I take it that wasn't just 'cause o' some mighty powerful fartin'?" he asked, gesturing with his chin toward the ground, raising his eyebrows a little. Either the kid had something very hot in the seat of his pants or...
PM>>
^
Dimitri Gibbons
 Posted: Jan 16 2013, 12:34 PM

Wonders

Full App

"Not exactly." Dimi hung his head as he took the help up. His hands were hot to the touch as if he'd had them roasting and only recently pulled the off the fire. "Sorry."
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Dolan Jones
 Posted: Jan 16 2013, 11:58 PM

Wonders

Full App

"Jesus, you're on fire!" He had to resist the urge to release the boy's arm immediately on touching it. After lifting him up, though, he pulled his arm away and shook it. "Goddamn."
PM>>
^
Dimitri Gibbons
 Posted: Jan 17 2013, 12:04 AM

Wonders

Full App

"Sorry." Dimitri pocketed his hands and backed away readyto just see himself home now. "I was expecting more trouble than help." The teen mumbled at him as he turned around and looked for a landmark to help him get out of here.
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Dolan Jones
 Posted: Jan 17 2013, 10:33 PM

Wonders

Full App

"Whoa, now," he said, grabbing the kid by the arm. "How's about ya 'splain that heat thing t' me? Got a fire in your pockets, or...?"
PM>>
^
Dimitri Gibbons
 Posted: Jan 17 2013, 10:37 PM

Wonders

Full App

He was startled as he was pulled back, sighing hard. "No. I....I have control over heat...." Dimitri leaned down, laying his hand on a bare patch of cobblestone and focused, closing his eyes. When he finally picked his hand back up, there was a red hot handprint on the stone and everything around it was not only clear of snow but also baked dry.

Dimi himself shiverd, having expelled a fair amount of heat to get that going. "I can freeze it over too. Thats easier. But harder to see..."
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Dolan Jones
 Posted: Jan 19 2013, 01:18 PM

Wonders

Full App

His eyebrows started to rise slowly, but then shot up the rest of the way. Not that this was noticeable, with the mask and everything. But, you know. Whatever.

Looking around to make sure no one was around, Dolan slowly hunkered down next to the kid. "Ya got a place to stay, kid?" He almost asked if Dimi was a wonder, but he realized that that would be a silly and pointless question. Because clearly he wasn't a regular kid. And that was good enough for Dolan. What else could he be if not a Wonder?
PM>>
^
Dimitri Gibbons
 Posted: Jan 19 2013, 01:42 PM

Wonders

Full App

"Uh, yeah? I live with my sister and her husband." Dimitri was a little confused by the line of questioning but answered honestly. He was smart enough not to tell him Where his sister lived, but still. "He owns a grocers." Well that would narrow it down by quite alot.

"Why?" Dimitri left his hands out of his pockets, its not like they were going to get cold, and his fingers tapped nervously on the side of his jacket.
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Dolan Jones
 Posted: Jan 21 2013, 06:00 PM

Wonders

Full App

"Jus' makin' sure. Lots a people I meet 'round here don't have a place to stay." He gave it a moment's thought, then added, "Look, I got someone I want ya t' meet. Up t' you, though, if ya wanna meet 'em or not. Jus' want 'em to see what ya can do. If ya jus' wanna get home, tha's fine, too."
PM>>
^
Dimitri Gibbons
 Posted: Jan 21 2013, 06:19 PM

Wonders

Full App

"uh...someone to meet?" Dimitri thought it over for a second but shrugged. "Why not..? sure lets go." he had a feeling that noone would be waiting up for him anyway. Connie wouldnt worry unless he didnt show for breakfast.
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Dolan Jones
 Posted: Jan 21 2013, 09:36 PM

Wonders

Full App

"Let's go, then," he said, as he started leading the way.
PM>>
^
Dimitri Gibbons
 Posted: Jan 21 2013, 09:45 PM

Wonders

Full App

With a shrug Dimitri followed. he wrapped himself up tighter in his coat, having lost alot of heat in the last few minutes. Hopefully they were going somewhere indoors.
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Options   New Reply  New Topic  New Poll 

CBOX