Wyler Munroe
 Posted: Jun 12 2012, 09:54 AM

Humans

Full App
Played by: N/A

Midday
Upperclass district
Residential neighborhood

Wyler sighed in frustration as he looked down the long street. While he was getting used to Kesky, the big city was still often overwhelming to the young man and he had never ventured into this part of it. It was quite obvious the sort of folk who lived in these homes were not the sorts to normally mingle with the likes of Kesky residents. Well he wouldn't even be on this street corner at all if it hadn't involved his job. His boss had fixed some mechanical knicknack of some kind, boxed it up then instructed the boy to go deliver it. He hadn't been heartless about it but had given some quite clear directions of just how to find the specific residence. Problem was by the time Wyler navigated Kesky then penetrated into the maze of streets that made up this district, he had gone and forgotten some of it. Alright he was pretty certain he was on the right street but which house?

He walked up the street, gawking at the fine homes with gaudy paint jobs or white pillars or two or more stories and dozens of windows. Why, he figured ten families could fit into some of these places. He did see one welldressed gentleman, complete with tophat and ornate walking cane saunter toward him, no doubt enjoying a brisk strool. But when he asked him a question, the man glared and curtly informed him his like should not be wandering about and to move on before he informed the proper authorities. He also found out 'panhandling' was not allowed in this area of town, problem was he had no idea what 'panhandling' even was.

He just nodded compliantly and ducked past the fellow to keep looking. Finally he decided to just take a chance and go up on one of these big porches and knock on a door. Maybe the person who answered the door might be friendlier than that so-called gentleman, wouldn't take much.

He looked to his right and picked the closest house, taking the porch steps with ease to stand in front of a rather impressive stained oak door. Taking in a big breath of air, he pounded on it, then waited to see who might answer the door.
PM>> EMAIL>> YIM>>
^
Miranda-Penelope Hale
 Posted: Jun 14 2012, 10:54 AM

Wonders

Full App

The maid (called Jenny) answered the door, expecting it to be, perhaps, one of Alexander's tutors. Not so. It was a boy, perhaps the twins' age or a little younger, who by all rights should have come around the servants' entrance. He did have a package, though--something for the twins, no doubt, most things that came to the house in packages were for them. Nevertheless, it was highly irregular for a delivery boy to come to the front door. "What are you doing up here?" she said. "You should have gone 'round the back--oh, never mind, never mind. Come in quickly." People were more likely to see him if he spent any more time standing there, and she was starting to shiver in the draft. "Stay there. And do not touch anything."

Miranda-Penelope was reading when Jenny came up the stairs and knocked on her door. Well, reading and brushing her hair, but she was only paying attention to the former. (She had very well-behaved hair.) She stopped the brushing and went to the door, but didn't look up from her book with her other head. She didn't want to lose her place, after all. She opened it--carefully, because she was stretching a little. "Yes?" she said.

"There's a boy here. Package. For you, I think, miss."

Finally! She put her book away (marking her page first, of course) and joined her other body at the door. "Where is he?"

"In the front hall," said Jenny. "I don't know why he came up to the front, but..." She shrugged. "Do you want to see him personally, miss? And, um, miss?"

"In a moment," said Miranda-Penelope. "Please tell him we'll be down shortly." She shut the door again, trusting Jenny would do exactly that, and set to putting her hair back up. It was a lucky thing she hadn't done more than take it down, and only on one body as well, or it wouldn't be "shortly". As it was, it took her a bit to get her hair braided and pinned into a decent-looking bun. Usually Elizabeth did that, but Elizabeth was busy elsewhere right now. She made certain it was neat and passable, and then she went downstairs.

The boy certainly didn't loook like he'd come from Wellers, but appearances could be deceiving. Perhaps they'd simply hired an urchin to do their work. "May I see the manifest?" she asked. The manifest was a list detailing the parts inside the package, and how many of each there were, that sort of thing. It was used to make sure one had everything one had ordered before one opened the package and voided the return.
PM>>
^
Wyler Munroe
 Posted: Jun 22 2012, 02:41 PM

Humans

Full App

The woman who answered the door didn't look any too pleased and remarked that he shouldn't be using the front door. Wyler just shook his head, "Umm, sorry."

At least she let him in from the cold but, before he could even explain himself, she told him to stay put and not touch anything. And just like that she was gone, deeper into the depths of this very large and very nice house. Resigned to seeing what would happen next, Wyler stood there rather patiently, least for him.

Two young misses then approached, neither of them the first gal. They were very well dressed, their hair all properly done up with nothing out of place(his sister should see these and take a lesson), and he thought instantly they were quite pretty. There had been a pair of twins back home in his village so the sight really didn't startle him all that much. The one's question did though.

"May I see the manifest?"

Wyler blinked, "Huh? Ummm, I don't know....I just need to deliver this box not exactly sure what's in it but you see, I need to explain somethin' here....ladies. I ain't exactly sure where the place is I'm supposed to take it. This is my first time ever in tis part of town."

He shrugged and forced a wane smile, it was kind of embarrassing.
PM>> EMAIL>> YIM>>
^
Miranda-Penelope Hale
 Posted: Jul 1 2012, 09:48 PM

Wonders

Full App

"Oh," said Miranda-Penelope. She managed, fortunately, to disguise her contempt, if not her disappointment. Or at least within her tone. The expressions on her faces, however, made it clear what she thought of this boy. He was certainly...well, not ugly, at the least. But he was dirty, and very clearly common, and he didn't even know where he was. And he was most definitely not from Wellers. If they'd hired on an urchin temporarily, they would have chosen one who knew his way about. At the least.

He had the grace to look embarrassed, at least. "Then what are you doing in here?" she asked, switching over to her other mouth. "If you don't know where you are, what business do you have in here?" And why wasn't someone competent chosen? she did not say, although it was certainly implied.
PM>>
^
Wyler Munroe
 Posted: Jul 6 2012, 10:10 PM

Humans

Full App

He could tell they were not pleased with him even being there in their fancy house. And, as he thought about it, his first explanation did make him look pretty bad...no that would be pretty stupid. Wyler figured he had better explain it all in a bit more detail, even if it might be a lost cause.

"I'm in here because the lady who came to the door told me to come in. She didn't gimme a chance to explain myself. I was only knocking on this place in the hopes I'd gotten the right house of the owner of this box." he lifted it slightly with one hand, it wasn't heavy.

"Now my boss sent me to deliver it,his name is Markus Dware and he works with steam engines and mechanical things, makes'em, fixes 'em, that sorta thing. And he DID tell me the exact address but ......well.....I kinda was daydreaming during that part. I know now that was a bad time to do it but well....I mean ....that sorta thing ever happen to either of you?" he was taking a shot at maybe just a little sympathy here from one or the other of them. Though he'd heard rich people could be pretty mean.
PM>> EMAIL>> YIM>>
^
Miranda-Penelope Hale
 Posted: Jul 9 2012, 05:49 AM

Wonders

Full App

"I meant the house in general." She was about to say something else polite but scathing, but something about the look on his face stopped her. He was, after all, alone in unfamiliar territory with absolutely no idea of where he was supposed to go. Surely this warranted at least a bit of sympathy.

Even if it was his fault.

"No," she said, "But if you can at least remember the name, I believe I can help you."
PM>>
^
Wyler Munroe
 Posted: Jul 13 2012, 03:22 PM

Humans

Full App

"Oh, the house in general," he repeated the girl's words, mostly to give himself that tiny bit of time to come up with an answer now that he thought on it, "Umm, looked like a nice house...well, they all do in this neighborhood, back where I come from these places are like castles...only without the walls and drawbridges and such."

Alright, enough blathering, Wyler chided himself and then tried to come up with that blasted name his boss gave him.

"Yeah...name," he thought hard then smiled, "Dawson...no...no...Dawes. Yeah I think it was Dawes or something close to it. As for the house number I have absolutely no idea."
PM>> EMAIL>> YIM>>
^
Miranda-Penelope Hale
 Posted: Jul 13 2012, 09:20 PM

Wonders

Full App

Not only common, but a country boy as well. No wonder he was having so much trouble in the city, he was probably used to...cows. And...things. Of that sort. And possibly dirt roads. Clearly he was unprepared for the labyrinth that was New Venice. Miranda-Penelope would be charitable here, it wasn't his fault he was uneducated and a slight dunderhead.

"The Dawes family lives on the next street over," she told him, allowing some of the bite to leave her voice. "They have a blue carriage house and columns. It's very hard to miss, I assure you." She waits, then adds, "We can send a footman to accompany you if you would like." That was very generous. Perhaps outside the bounds of her authority within the household. But there was something very earnest about this boy that she was beginning to like. It was almost a pity that they would never meet again after this.
PM>>
^
Wyler Munroe
 Posted: Jul 16 2012, 11:00 PM

Humans

Full App

And suddenly the girls were very helpful.

"Oh, the next street is it?" Well, no wonder he couldn't find the place.

Her description of the house really narrowed it down then too. Blue carriage house and columns, how many places would have both of those? He was confident now he'd find it.

"Blue carriage house...got it!" he smiled then listened as she made an offer of a footman. Must be some fancy sort of servant he figured.

"Oh, nah, don't make the poor fella get out in the cold just for my sake," Wyler shook his head, not wanting to bother anybody else with his problems, well besides these two girls. He'd already caused them to be taken away from...from whatever they did. Suddenly he realized he had no idea what rich girls did. Sure wasn't work for a living.

"Well, I'm sorry to have bothered ya and thanks for all yer help then, it was kind of ya," he plopped his battered felt hat back on top of his head and prepared to head back outside. But before he could leave, he hesitated then just had to say something.

"Oh, almost forgot to introduce myself what with all the excitement n' such. I'm Wyler....Wyler Munroe...nice ta meet ya," he stuck out a hand to shake.
PM>> EMAIL>> YIM>>
^
Miranda-Penelope Hale
 Posted: Jul 17 2012, 08:21 PM

Wonders

Full App

Miranda-Penelope was slightly relieved he didn't want a footman. Her father might have been angry with her over that (he always was when she acted more independently, which was a marked issue), and she couldn't afford to lose any influence with him at the moment. Her mother had been hinting lately that she wasn't, in fact, past marriageable age, and it would just take a bit of convincing to avoid a repeat of the incident with Cornelius.

She needed every advantage she could get when it came to that argument, as the power was squarely in her father's hands.

She was hesitant at first to shake his hand, but then settled on a compromise and did it only once. "I'm Penelope Hale," she said, "And that's my sister Miranda Hale." She waited a beat, and then switched mouths. "Have a pleasant day, Mr. Monroe."
PM>>
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Options   New Reply  New Topic  New Poll 

CBOX