Can't find the cbox? Your screen's too small,
so we've put it at the bottom!
Pages: (4) 1 2 3 4  ( Go to first unread post )  New Reply  New Topic  New Poll 

Nothing but Dust, Corbin, Ida, (Ben too?)
Corbin Ferris
 Posted: Dec 21 2012, 12:44 PM

Wonders

Full App
Played by: N/A

Corbin was silent for a moment before he folded the cloth, leaving it on her forehead like a compress, cool and soothing, he shook his head.

"I was married to one once, she worked out of our home, I picked up some things with the trade," he told him, holding his hand out for his arm. "She'll be fine... she just fainted, her pulse is strong, and the movement behind her eyes indicate she's in a bit of a deep sleep... she'll feel hungover when she comes too, she hit her head on the way down," he told him with a sigh, he paused, the she said the doctor was a drunk, he had to have a bottle of something... if he saw a bottle, he'd grab it, ready to pour some on Ben's wound once he gave him his arm.
PM>>
^
Benito Giordano
 Posted: Dec 21 2012, 01:25 PM

Wonders

Full App

He held out his arm a bit hesitantly, noting as Corbin looked around. "What are you looking for?" He asked after a moment. Normally he wouldn't have spoken up, but what if it was something that could help Ida?
PM>>
^
Corbin Ferris
 Posted: Dec 21 2012, 01:28 PM

Wonders

Full App

"Whiskey," he said, holding up a hand, "For you, not me... it'd clean the wound," he told him, but moved to clean it the best he could with the water and cloth for now. Threading the needle, he'd hold his arm tightly, to try to stem the flow a bit, before he'd begin working. "This will sting, just focus on something else for the moment... I'm sure you have questions...?" he asked him after a bit.
PM>>
^
Benito Giordano
 Posted: Dec 21 2012, 01:46 PM

Wonders

Full App

Ben reached blindly behind himself, opening a cupboard and grabbing the whiskey without even looking. Pushing the cupboard door shut again, he yanked the cork out with his teeth and took a generous swig. "Questions like what?" He asked, coughing a bit as the whiskey burned his throat. "Like what kind of Wonder rises from the dead?"
PM>>
^
Corbin Ferris
 Posted: Dec 21 2012, 01:53 PM

Wonders

Full App

Corbin shrugged, nodding as he took a swig, then moved to take the bottle, turning it to dump some on his wound... that'd burn like hell... but sterilize it... He'd then begin sewing the wound shut.

"I can't really answer that, I still don't understand it myself... I've died more than once... Each time, I wake up, and can't die the same way again..." he explained. "It makes me younger too, when it happens... let's just say... I doubt I can die of old age again, or the flu," he told him, his hands were steady as he moved about stitching the wound, tugging it tight, tying off the end, then biting the end off with his teeth. "There..." he told him.
PM>>
^
Benito Giordano
 Posted: Dec 21 2012, 02:03 PM

Wonders

Full App

Pale and a bit shaky, Ben took a step back and sat down in one of the chairs, nodding. "So you can't die. That...that's new." He managed, looking over at Ida. "She was tryin' to help you, wasn't she? An' she got stuck in the middle." He should have known something like this would happen.
PM>>
^
Corbin Ferris
 Posted: Dec 21 2012, 02:12 PM

Wonders

Full App

"Something like that," he said as he worked, "I was investigating that rumor about a Wonder who set fire to his home with his wife and child inside it, before taking his own life... There had been a man claiming he had been set on fire by him, so I went to check it out... he seemed alot more physically fit than a man who had been burned," he told him. "I tried to question the man, when the hunter appeared and killed him before he could answer anything... I tried to deal with the hunter, but... he's good at what he does," Corbin told him, "He blindsided me, and she appeared... he tried to take a shot at her... I had to push her out of the way, and was shot myself... luckily I can take it," he told him. "Truth is, I can die, it's rather unpleasant, I try to avoid doing it... I've died from impalement, influenza, falling from a great height.... old age, it... it's not a fun power, I get to watch the people I care about grow old and die... or..." he paused.

"...get burned at the stake for being a witch..." he added a little sadly.
PM>>
^
Benito Giordano
 Posted: Dec 21 2012, 02:17 PM

Wonders

Full App

"The hunter knows what she is." Ben's tone was flat as he looked over at Ida. How was he supposed to protect her from this? He couldn't let anything happen to her. He didn't know what he would do without her. Reaching out with his good hand, he took her hand and gave it a squeeze. "Fucking hell."
PM>>
^
Corbin Ferris
 Posted: Dec 21 2012, 02:23 PM

Wonders

Full App

"You do too?" he asked, he hadn't been sure... he nodded. "Maybe, I've only seen him at night, twice now... once was on that zepplin that turned up with all crew lost... he was the reason why," he told him. "I'll do what I can to keep him away from her, okay, you don't trust me, but understand this, when I make a promise, I keep it, okay?" he asked him. "And I promise that I'll find this hunter," he said, "And when I do, I'll make sure he can't hunt anymore," he added.
PM>>
^
Benito Giordano
 Posted: Dec 21 2012, 02:28 PM

Wonders

Full App

Ben winced at that, releasing Ida's hand and putting his own to his head. The pull was immediate and strong at Corbin's words, but he knew he couldn't follow it. He couldn't leave Ida unprotected, not now. "Do me a favor." He managed, his voice tight. "Don't...don't talk about finding him, okay? I don't want to upset her." He nodded towards Ida, though the lie was a weak one at best.
PM>>
^
Corbin Ferris
 Posted: Dec 21 2012, 02:31 PM

Wonders

Full App

Corbin merely noddd at that.

"Of course," he said, whether he saw through him or not was anyone's guess. He finished his work, then sat there in silence for a moment. "I should probably leave before she comes too, don't want her fainting again, or think me a zombie or something..." he told him, standing... he grunted, having to use a table for support, holding onto his back for a moment. There wouldn't even be a scar... But it'd ache for a bit...
PM>>
^
Ida Belle Williams
 Posted: Dec 22 2012, 12:09 PM

Wonders

Full App
Played by: Jenn

Ida groaned slightly. Her head was throbbing. She reached behind her head and winced after touching a tender bump. "What happened?" she asked softly, opening her eyes. She really didn't expect anyone to answer.
PM>>
^
Benito Giordano
 Posted: Dec 22 2012, 12:24 PM

Wonders

Full App

"Ida?" Ben was at her side in an instant, taking her hand in both of his and ignoring the pang from the wound on his arm as he did so. "Hey...you fell, and you hit your head. How are you feeling?" He asked gently, obviously concerned about her. Normally he wasn't the type to be very demonstrative around others, but right now he was too worried to care that someone could see him being 'all mushy'.
PM>>
^
Ida Belle Williams
 Posted: Dec 22 2012, 12:35 PM

Wonders

Full App

"My head feels like it got hit by a steam engine." She took her hands away from Ben so she could sit up. In doing so, her eyes landed on Corbin. "Buh-Ben... I-I think I can see ghosts..."
PM>>
^
Benito Giordano
 Posted: Dec 22 2012, 02:29 PM

Wonders

Full App

"He's not a ghost, love. Not unless I can see them too...and not unless ghosts know how to stitch up wounds." He reached to help her sit up, glancing over at Corbin. "He could probably explain it better than me."
PM>>
^
Ida Belle Williams
 Posted: Dec 22 2012, 03:17 PM

Wonders

Full App

"Stitch up wounds?" She quickly took her eyes off of Corbin for a moment before looking back to Ben then down to his arms. It didn't take long for her to find just what he was talking about. "You're hurt! What did you do?!"
PM>>
^
Benito Giordano
 Posted: Dec 22 2012, 03:58 PM

Wonders

Full App

"Um..." Ben's cheeks flushed a bit and he cleared his throat. "It's no big deal. I just...well, you screamed, and..." He shrugged, obviously uncomfortable. "Sorry about the window."
PM>>
^
Corbin Ferris
 Posted: Dec 22 2012, 06:35 PM

Wonders

Full App

Corbin sighed as she woke up, slowly smiling just a bit. He watched the exchange with mild amusement.

I saw a rat, Darius... are you okay?

Yes... yes... the stairs never saw me coming, dear...

Let's get that bandaged up...

Yes, and next time, scream 'rat' instead of 'aaaah Darius,' Hmm?

He shook his head at the memory, crossing his arms.

"I am what people have been calling a Wonder... though I'm sure you know all about them, all things considering..." he told Ida, "My unique ability is to die... far too often for my liking," he said. "I usually wake up the next morning, fully healed and unable to be harmed by whatever I died from, I'm assuming iron... or blood loss this time," he said. "I did not mean to startle you, I was attempting to leave before you awoke, I didn't want another witch hunt," he explained.

"And, don't be too hard on the boy, he was concerned, I would have done the same in his position," he added.
PM>>
^
Ida Belle Williams
 Posted: Dec 22 2012, 06:50 PM

Wonders

Full App

"I'm not worried about the window..." She was clearly worried about him. Ida carefully looked him over, searching for any signs of any more cuts that needed to be looking after. She came across the stitches on his arm and paused. They were actually very good and would serve their purpose well.

With that, Ida looked back at Corbin. What he was telling her was a shock. Not the part that he was a wonder, but that he wasn't dead after all. Her eyes began to well with tears as he spoke, her mind reliving the night before.

"I-I would never... Y-you saved m-me!"
PM>>
^
Benito Giordano
 Posted: Dec 22 2012, 06:53 PM

Wonders

Full App

"Yeah, he did." Ben nodded to Corbin. "Thank you for that. If there's anything I can do, if you need anything at all, just say the word, okay?" He could never adequately express his gratitude that Ida was alright.
PM>>
^
Corbin Ferris
 Posted: Dec 22 2012, 07:02 PM

Wonders

Full App

Corbin held up his hands trying to stave off the thanks... he didn't like it. He didn't need it... he was just doing what he did.

"I wasn't going to let him shoot you, you have far more to live for than I do," he said, nodding toward Ben with his head. "Just be careful," he told her. He looked toward Ben, shaking his head.

"There is no evil greater than when good men do nothing," he paused to look at Ida, "I think I ~will~ make that my slogan," he told her with a light smile, bowing a bit. He winced softly, pausing as he straightened, rubbing his back, head tilted a bit to bare the side of his neck he had been shot in. There was no scarring there either... but he'd still have the pains and aches for the rest of the day. At least he felt well rested... he only truly rested when he died. He glanced back to Ben, "It was the least I could do in the situation, sometimes one does not hesitate, but rushes in..." he glanced toward the window, "Sometimes through broken glass," he added.
PM>>
^
Ida Belle Williams
 Posted: Dec 22 2012, 07:12 PM

Wonders

Full App

Ida gave a small laugh and reached up to wipe her eyes. It did suit him well. And he was doing something good with his wonder power. Helping those who needed it and sacrificing himself in return.

Swinging her legs over the side of the bed, Ida stood up, her head swimming slightly and a small throb here and there, but other then that, she was fine. "May I look? Where the spikes hit you?"
PM>>
^
Benito Giordano
 Posted: Dec 22 2012, 07:26 PM

Wonders

Full App

"Anybody want tea?" Ben spoke up, not too comfortable with being praised like that. He wans't some kind of hero, after all, he was just...a guy. He'd done what he had to do to get to Ida when he thought she was in trouble. Wouldn't anyone do the same?
PM>>
^
Corbin Ferris
 Posted: Dec 22 2012, 11:23 PM

Wonders

Full App

Corbin sighed, shaking his head.

"You should lie back down, you hit your head when you.... uh... fell..." he told her, "You shouldn't over do it in the event of a concussion," Glancing toward Ben, he nodded, "She could use something nice and hot, relaxing..." he said, moving closer so she could look at the site he was hit in the back at least, without her having to move too much.

"Everytime I wake up... I'm younger... I'm as physically fit as I was when I was a young, twenty five year old," he told them, "I didn't have any scars then, save a few on my knuckles from my youth, but any new scars vanish..." he said. "I've changed my name on more than one occassion... I feel the effects of my death for one day, then I'm fine again, so my legs feel funny, I think he got my spine," he said, shrugging, "It's not that big of a deal to me," he told her. He didn't view himself as a hero either.
PM>>
^
Ida Belle Williams
 Posted: Dec 23 2012, 12:20 AM

Wonders

Full App

"If it is a concussion, I should probably stay awake for a little while." She placed her hand softly on Ben's shoulder as if saying yes to the tea.

"It did. From what I could see, right through the spinal chord. A very serious injury. Had you lived," that sounded so foreign to say, "you could have been paralyzed from the neck down. Even then, it would be a rather hard existence. You would have had to rely on another person to take care of you for the rest of your life." She pushed some of her hair behind her ear and looked up at him with a thoughtful expression.

"Just how old are you?"
PM>>
^
Benito Giordano
 Posted: Dec 23 2012, 12:38 AM

Wonders

Full App

Ben just nodded, moving to prepare tea for the three of them while Ida and Corbin talked. He felt a little awkward, as if he was the third wheel instead of Corbin.
PM>>
^
Corbin Ferris
 Posted: Dec 23 2012, 12:57 AM

Wonders

Full App

Corbin paused for a moment at that question, doing the math in his head. He winced....

"Very," he said, not comfortable with that line of questioning. His eyes moved toward Ben, before he glanced back to the window... the chill suddenly hitting him, causing him to look down... he moved away, toward the window itself. "I could help you do a little rudimentary repair to the window, just get some boards up... and... I am in need of a tun- top..." he added, "I should probably... uh... just head home..." he stated, he didn't like the attention all that much, and it would also allow Ben to keep an eye on Ida... without him getting in the way.
PM>>
^
Ida Belle Williams
 Posted: Dec 23 2012, 03:23 PM

Wonders

Full App

Ida gave a small smile before she sat back down on the bed. "Perhaps a discussion for another time. And don't think I will forget my question and I will want an answer when it comes time for me to ask it again. There is a coat belonging to the doctor on the coat rack. Please, take it with you."
PM>>
^
Benito Giordano
 Posted: Dec 23 2012, 04:36 PM

Wonders

Full App

Ben had to smile at that. Even injured and in bed, Ida was still the mother hen, taking care of everyone around her. He wondered why she didn't see what a good mom she would be.
PM>>
^
Corbin Ferris
 Posted: Dec 23 2012, 06:09 PM

Wonders

Full App

"Perhaps, but be warned, I will have another means to dodge that question... it's not nice to ask an old man how old he is..." he joked with a bow, he paused to find the coat, then looked at Ben.

"I know you'll take good care of her, just make sure she doesn't fall asleep for a while, if she does have a concussion that could be... ill-advised," he told him. "And you-" he turned toward Ida with that grin of his... "You be a good patient and do as he says," he teased, making his way for the door. "I'll be back shortly to help board this window, then after that... I don't know, I shall see you both again though, of that I'm certain..." he added.
PM>>
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Options Pages: (4) 1 2 3 4   New Reply  New Topic  New Poll 

CBOX