so we've put it at the bottom!
   New Reply  New Topic  New Poll 

Drunkards and Thieves, Tag: Anya
Corbin Ferris
 Posted: Sep 11 2014, 12:32 PM

Wonders

Full App
Played by: N/A

The world was a fog. A blissful stupor, with a hint of a chill beneath him as he curled up in the corner of a dead end alley. It broke out into a wide lot, used for storing crates for the various bars, pubs, and brothels that surrounded him. He avoided the brothels, but bars and pubs were too often his friend, and he had won alot the night before. While his hunt had turned fruitless, cash was his reward, turning into bottles and cards. Now, however, he planned on sleeping it all off, right there, in the dirt.

It wasn't long, however, that he heard the scream, causing him to wince and turn his head, there was a group of men, dragging some poor girl into the lot.

"Don't worry, lass, we'll be gentle..." laughed one, his companions couldn't keep a straight face at the blatant lie as the girl struggled with them. After a moment, Corbin rolled over, sitting up, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. He must have looked the part of a homeless drunk at the moment... well, they were half right.

"Let her go, and I won't be forced to hurt you..." he said, his words clear, precise... like a man used to speaking properly. He stood after a few seconds as the men turned to look at him.

"You can barely stand... get lost," said the one man turning his attention back to his prize as two of the group moved toward Corbin. He strode forward after a bit, one man taking a swing at him. The drunk moved abruptly, so the punch missed, sending the man sprawling forward as he snapped out to grab the other man by the shoulder, bringing his knee up, into his gut, then turned, flipping him onto the other man, before he moved toward the others. One man turned in time to take a fist to the face, going into the dirt as Corbin grabbed the ring leader by shirt, yanking him off the girl. He went sailing as he landed in the dirt... two more still standing.

"Touch her again, and you'll never be able to touch anyone, ever again..." he promised, hand on his hip. One man came forward, but a flick of his thumb made him look down... to see the sword at Corbin's belt. "Run, before I do it out of principle..." he said coolly. One man turned to flee, the four he had already downed, moving to stand, leaving him facing five angry men... They rushed at him, his hand coming up, suddenly, the sword coming out, spinning. New cries were added to the night, as five hands hit the dirt... no longer attached.

"Where I come from, for what you attempted to do, it isn't the hands that get chopped off, its the offending part..." he told them. "Last chance, else the heads are next... I'll even let you choose which ones," he said, the men ran, a couple having the presence of mind to grab up their hands.

"My apologies... I did not mean to get blood on you," he told the girl, before he stumbled toward a crate where he had left a bottle of whiskey. He turned, slamming his back against the wall, and slid to the ground, taking the bottle with him as he sat there. "Did they hurt you...?" he asked her.
PM>>
^
Anya Wilder
 Posted: Sep 13 2014, 10:10 PM

Wonders

Full App
Played by: Jenn

One minute, Anya had been walking back home to her little shack, the next, a man had come up behind her, grabbing hold of her wrist while his buddy took care of the other wrist. ”Don't worry, lass, we'll be gentle..." She struggled against them, thinking she could break free. She knew she could take them, if she could only break free and reach into her pocket.

But the men were stronger. One of them twisted her arm backwards, causing her to scream out in pain. “You mother bloody fucking assholes my arm don’t move that way!” She kicked her feet out, trying to make contact with one of their knees. Suddenly, another voice had joined the men. Except this one wasn’t telling her to stop fighting, that it would be all over soon enough.

Everything seemed to be happening in a quick blur. Fists were flying everywhere. One of the men had tried to force himself on her during the panic, but he was thrown off her by some sort of force. Next thing she knew, she was staring at severed hands laying on the ground.

“No, not really. I’m fine.” She rubbed her wrist where one of them had a tight hold on her. How was she ever going to explain this? She looked up at the man, or rather, back down when he had found himself back down on the ground. “You got a sword…” The shock was slowly starting to dawn on her. This guy had cut of those hands with that sword.
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Corbin Ferris
 Posted: Sep 14 2014, 04:37 PM

Wonders

Full App

Corbin studied her for a moment, taking a long swig from his bottle, before offering it to her. She might need it more than him right about now.

"I do, had hoped that would have dissuaded them, guess they needed an example of what it could do," he added, glancing toward her wrist. "The Shadowlands are a dangerous place for a beautiful woman," he added after a bit. "If you want to go home, give me a moment, and I'll walk you," he promised. His lips twitched up a little, into a soft smile.

"Just waiting for the ground to cease listing," he told her.
PM>>
^
Anya Wilder
 Posted: Sep 14 2014, 08:58 PM

Wonders

Full App

Anya had to squeeze her eyes shut tightly. Her stomach turned every time she caught sight of a hand on the ground. She turned around, facing away from the bloody sight.

It wasn't until he had mentioned a beautiful woman that Anya opened her eyes and looked around. Had a woman from the streets ventured to the mouth of the alleyway to see what the commotion was. "I don't think ya have ta wait long. She's all ready gone."
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Corbin Ferris
 Posted: Sep 14 2014, 09:07 PM

Wonders

Full App

That amused Corbin a bit, forcing him to bite back the chuckle that wanted to spew forth from his lips. He coughed for a moment, still holding the bottle out for her.

"I meant you," he added. "Drink, it'll not settle your stomach, but it'll slow your caring," he added, as if he could see right through her. He was thankful that all but two of the men had thought to grab their hands when they had fled... for all the good that would do them. With a sigh, he pushed his back against the wall, using poweful legs to make himself stand again.

"Perhaps if we got out of this alley, it would help as well," he offered.
PM>>
^
Anya Wilder
 Posted: Sep 14 2014, 09:20 PM

Wonders

Full App

"Yer drunk so your opinion don't count." She never trusted drunk people, but they were the easiest to clean out their pockets.

Anya quickly shook her head at the offer of the whiskey. "No. I don't booze it up. I'mma lightweight and dun like the taste or the feel goin' down." And she certainly wouldn't like it coming back up if her stomach was going to keep doing this flip flopping.

"Yeah, think it would too. The smell ain't helpin' none."
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Corbin Ferris
 Posted: Sep 14 2014, 09:48 PM

Wonders

Full App

Corbin shrugged, finishing the bottle in one long gulp, before he headed for the exit, tossing the bottle over his shoulder, and right into a pile of garbage...

"My perception, whilst skewed, is as excellent as ever... come, I shall walk you home if you'd allow me," he added. The oddest thing about him was that while he was nicely dressed, his pockets would be empty. Rather, he had a thick pouch tied to his belt... right next to the ornate hilt of his sword though. Dangerous pickings... "If not home, then someplace safe," he offered.
PM>>
^
Anya Wilder
 Posted: Sep 15 2014, 08:11 PM

Wonders

Full App

Anya wasn't sure if it was actually a good idea to follow this guy anywhere, drunk or sober. Even if he had come to her rescue, the sword by his side was more then terrifying, especially since she could see what it could do. She could feel the bile start to rise at the thought of the hands just laying there on the ground.

"You talk kinda funny." She followed him, though at least a couple feet behind him. "Sounds like you've been readin' too much of that medieval shit. Sir Author or whatever the hell is name is."
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Corbin Ferris
 Posted: Sep 15 2014, 09:18 PM

Wonders

Full App

Corbin glanced back at her for a moment, then shrugged.

"I spend less time with my nose in a book than I do inside of a bottle... However, as often as I am in a bottle, I've been able to read quite a bit of books," he pointed out. "Also, you're thinking, either of King Arthur, or Sir Arthur Conan Doyle," he added. He would continue walking for a bit until they found the Firefly. Someplace intended to be safe... a lot of people went there, if he were to try something, which he wouldn't, there'd be plenty of people who'd beat him into the dirt.

"Is this okay?" he asked her. "I'd hate to just leave you to find your own way, but... you seem to know your way, avoid alleys, avoid large groups of men who look like they know each other, and know each other well," he added, "They are more prone to asking each other to try new things, criminal things..." he added. He frowned a bit.

He licked his lips in quiet contemplation, watching the bar momentarily. He'd probably go inside to get another bottle... He would wait to hear her plans before he made any of his own. He was more than happy to walk her home if she preferred.
PM>>
^
Anya Wilder
 Posted: Sep 15 2014, 09:31 PM

Wonders

Full App

"I don't really know who I mean because I don't read." Much. She hadn't done much practicing lately and probably forgot more then half the stuff she had learned.

Anya really didn't pay much attention to where they were going, she just followed him, ignoring all the advice he was giving her. So many older men tried to give her that advice too. She had been scared back in the alley, but not too scared. She knew she would be able to fight them off once she was able to get her sites on a nice big brick and have it hurl at their heads. A bloody nose and a horrible headache would have been worth it.

She looked up, stopping dead in her tracks once she realized where they had ended up. The Firefly. There was only one type of people who knew about the place. Wonders. She wasn't sure if she should just play dumb, or start asking him a lot of questions.

Dumb it was. "What ya bringin' me to an alley for? Hopin' yer gonna get a turn or somethin'?"
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Corbin Ferris
 Posted: Sep 15 2014, 09:39 PM

Wonders

Full App

Corbin paused for a moment. He had been told this place was a safe haven to anyone in need... and well... his eyes moved toward her for a moment.

"I'm not that sort of man," he added, "It's a bar, alot of people, a safe place..." he told her, "They took me in when I needed help the most..." he stated simply. "Gave me a temporary job, which I've since paid off..." he added. He had been hurt, while the fall from the zeppelin had killed him, he had woken up with a piece of metal stuck in his shoulder... took him a while to regain full use of his limb. Now that he had died again, from two rail road spikes no less, had he healed enough to have full motion again.

"But again, I'd be more than happy to help you get home... even if it's close, if you don't want me to know where you live," he told her. "My blade gets no use save for those who deserve it," he promised her.
PM>>
^
Anya Wilder
 Posted: Sep 15 2014, 09:54 PM

Wonders

Full App

She knew very well what kind of a bar it was. She'd been there a lot since she had found out about the place. Dom and Maria were both really nice. Corinne was the reason Anya went to the Firefly the most. The young wonder didn't really get many visitors, if any at all. Anya still didn't know for sure what exactly Corinne's power was.

But then there was that promise that she had made, nagging her in the back of her head. She wasn't supposed to go back here. No matter how safe she supposedly thought it was, Jake thought it was too dangerous. It almost seemed as though he didn't want anyone else to ever know what she could do, or what he could do for that matter.

But Corinne. Anya couldn't forget about Corinne.

"No. Here's fine."
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Corbin Ferris
 Posted: Sep 15 2014, 10:10 PM

Wonders

Full App

Corbin studied her for a moment, noted her hesitance...

"I could use another drink, myself anyway," he added, making his way for the door, he'd even go so far as to hold it open for her...

You've clearly had enough... the voice in his head whispered, Please... don't forget... Corbin's face remained calm, though his eyes may have seemed a bit more moist then before... just the glisten, nothing fell from them, but the memory was a painful one. A man who could live forever, was a man doomed to eternal torture, he mused. And all the more reason he needed more alcohol.
PM>>
^
Anya Wilder
 Posted: Sep 15 2014, 10:16 PM

Wonders

Full App

"You've clearly had enough," Anya muttered under her breath. She never really got the concept of drinking. Maybe because the one time she did it, the one shot she had taken, had made her feel like complete trash. Drinking on an empty stomach and a head full of emotions didn't help things either.

The door was opened for her and she took a deep breath. Jake wouldn't have to find out. And she stepped through, immediately getting greeted by a couple people near the door.

"Heya guys..."
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Dominic Kelly
 Posted: Sep 16 2014, 01:57 AM

Wonders

Full App
Played by: Lina

"Oh, look, it's the kid," Dom greeted cheerfully from behind the bar. "And she's made a friend, too. Corbin." He reached out to shake the other Wonder's hand. "How nice. Now what're you having?""
PM>>
^
Anya Wilder
 Posted: Sep 16 2014, 10:40 AM

Wonders

Full App

"Hey! How come you never shake my hand when I come in?" She made a motion to Dom behind the guy she had come in with, mouthing the words "He doesn't know I'm a wonder! Don't tell him!"
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Corbin Ferris
 Posted: Sep 16 2014, 04:18 PM

Wonders

Full App

Corbin shook the man's hand easy enough, his grip strong, powerful. Corbin was nothing if not a powerfully built individual, centuries of rigorous training.

"Dom," he said, he hadn't really worked with the man directly, but he had sent people to him in need, likewise... he knew him by word of mouth, the Firefly being one of his watering holes. As far as he was aware, only Ida, Ben, and that damnable hunter knew he was a Wonder, himself. His power was a difficult one to witness, let alone explain. And those who knew what he was, could use that to not just endanger himself, but others...

Likewise, his eyes moved toward the girl momentarily... they knew her, she knew them... she had lied to him, it seemed... or at the very least, played stupid. She knew the place was more than an alley... it seemed Corbin WAS pretty perceptive.. Even drunk.

"I'll save you from having to do the dishes if you could supply me with a bottle of whiskey, my last one appeared to have broken," he said with a light grin, "Also... please tell me there is cards going on somewhere..." he added, he wouldn't rush to join in, but knowing they were would be nice.
PM>>
^
Dominic Kelly
 Posted: Sep 16 2014, 04:56 PM

Wonders

Full App

"Sure," Dom said, turning back but not before he stopped himself from snorting at Anya. This was the Wonderbar. You didn't get in if you weren't a Wonder. Normally. He had it on very good authority -- his.

Turning around, he handed the bottle to Corbin in exchange for the right amount of coin. "An' there's rummy in that corner over there, though, between you and me, it ain't particularly fair so I'd stay away unless you want to gamble everything away."
PM>>
^
Anya Wilder
 Posted: Sep 16 2014, 05:04 PM

Wonders

Full App

Anya went to make a rude gesture at Dom but stopped midway before putting on a grin for him. "I'll take a rootbeer!"
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Corbin Ferris
 Posted: Sep 16 2014, 05:57 PM

Wonders

Full App

Corbin rose a brow at the interaction before, then sighed. He was always more of a poker player anyway.

"You know I might have to break up the cheating," he said with a smirk. He didn't let much slide, he had a code of honor he too often adhered too... but at the same time, he had stopped a child from stealing, he had given him the money, or bought the item he was wanting, himself, for them. As always, Corbin paid in full, with a couple extra... he was a generous tipper... and his coins always seemed outdated, but no less valuable. Solid gold, and dated with a stamp that looked ancient...

"You never did tell me your name," he added, "So now you have me at a disadvantage," he told the girl, turning to drink from his new bottle... "I'm Corbin, as he said, and you are..?" he asked, watching her momentarily.
PM>>
^
Anya Wilder
 Posted: Sep 17 2014, 05:42 PM

Wonders

Full App

Anya's eyes looked at Dom for a moment, checking of any sign that it might be okay to tell this guy her name. The more she thought about it though, if she only told him her first name, he probably couldn't find anything out about her.

"Anya."
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Dominic Kelly
 Posted: Sep 18 2014, 03:58 AM

Wonders

Full App

Dom's skin suddenly paled to the point where it was surreally white. His hair discoloured and his otherwise hazel-brown irises reddened. He shuddered and pulled back the glass he was about to hand to Anya. Instead, he held it before him and then pulled his hands away. It hovered there shaking minutely before stabilising as if held by an invisible hand.

"Best we don't touch just now, blondie," he said. The glass crossed the divide of the bar over to Anya. In truth, he could've just laid it on the bar surface, but Dom liked the opportunity of practicing useful abilities.
PM>>
^
Corbin Ferris
 Posted: Sep 18 2014, 08:01 PM

Wonders

Full App

Corbin watched for a few moments, raising a brow at the blatant display. He was still skeptical of using his own... his was hard to test... one merely had to kill him and wait a day to see what his power was... he tended to not like dying, and would stop it at every opportunity if he could. As such, his was a closely guarded secret, just by being unable to display it.

"A beautiful name," he told her, though there was nothing flirtatious about him. He could be charismatic, but right now... he was focused on his drink... Which he had already downed half of the bottle, wincing at the burn.

"So, I never did get around to asking you why you were near that alley," he added, glancing toward Dom. A look asking him if he knew that she had been in danger a moment ago... if he helped people, like he hoped he did, mixed with his familiarity to this Anya... he hoped he'd take care of her.
PM>>
^
Anya Wilder
 Posted: Sep 18 2014, 10:11 PM

Wonders

Full App

Anya glared at Dom for a moment or two, knowing full well that he was taking advantage of her being close by so he could borrow a bit of her talent. "You did that on purpose." She grabbed the glass out of the air. "You need more practice."

She looked back up at Corbin, raising her eyebrows at him. "Still ain't believin' anything you say. Yer still drunk." She took long drink from the glass.

"Was workin'. And before you say it, I ain't a whore."
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Dominic Kelly
 Posted: Sep 24 2014, 01:25 PM

Wonders

Full App

Dom, blissfully unaware of any altercation that may have occurred earlier, merely chuckled at Anya's reply then grabbed a few glasses to dry with the cloth that had been hung from his shoulder. The colour didn't come back to his body.
PM>>
^
Corbin Ferris
 Posted: Sep 24 2014, 02:56 PM

Wonders

Full App

Corbin smiled at that, then shrugged.

"Drunken ramblings are sober thoughts," he pointed out, "However, I'm merely making an observation..." he added, his thumb causing the ring on his finger to turn slowly in quiet contemplation. "I'm sure Dom can attest to that, he's seen it all in his line of work," he pointed out.
PM>>
^
Dominic Kelly
 Posted: Sep 24 2014, 03:17 PM

Wonders

Full App

"Eh, not far off," the big man said with a giving hug.
PM>>
^
Anya Wilder
 Posted: Sep 24 2014, 07:07 PM

Wonders

Full App

Anya grinned at Dom, "Corinne's been at ya, huh?" She downed half of the glass, "Improves your looks."
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Dominic Kelly
 Posted: Sep 26 2014, 02:27 AM

Wonders

Full App

"Yeah? I got somethin' good to look forward to when I'm old and wrinkly," he replied with a lopsided smile.
PM>>
^
Corbin Ferris
 Posted: Oct 5 2014, 01:19 PM

Wonders

Full App

Corbin watched the exchange for a moment, before he stood, bottle in hand, bringing it to his lips to take a long gulp. He moved toward the back of the room, pausing momentarily.

"Deal me in," he told the group cheating at rummy, stumbling a bit as he moved to take his seat... Anya had seen how graceful he could be... even while drunk... it was part of a ploy, perhaps? As he sat, he bumped into one man's arm... causing him to drop a card he shouldn't have had... up his sleeve... Corbin paused looking at it.

"Wow, I must be very drunk, I'm seeing double, it looks like you have more cards than you should," he laughed, covering his mouth, "Sorry," he mused, "So... how are we playing?" he asked after a bit.
PM>>
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Options   New Reply  New Topic  New Poll 

CBOX