so we've put it at the bottom!
   New Reply  New Topic  New Poll 

Eccentricity, Tags: Anella
Damian Wraith
 Posted: Jan 17 2013, 09:11 PM

Humans

Full App
Played by: N/A

The walls were up... all he needed do now was await for them to announce its completion. The men were taking their sweet time, he mused, but they were only human. He couldn't fault them for being more perfect than most of the ilk in the city. He winced softly as he walked from the grounds on his daily walk of the Estates. His shoulder still hurt, and he'd yet to fix the dent in his shield from when that woman had hit him. He felt unclean. She had touched him. Disgust ever present in his features as he walked, contemplating the events.

"Another task..." he grumbled as he headed down the path, he'd need to go to the markets, perhaps... find some more material, if he could fashion a brace for his arms and back... if he could make himself as strong as that girl...? He paused to lower his hat over his eyes to stave off some sunlight. It was bright out, he was tired, up all night hunting with a pained shoulder. He hadn't found any decent target in some time, and now, if he wanted to make a harness like that, it'd take months if not years to perfect. A sigh escaping his lips. So much work, so little time.

He didn't get far when he heard a sound from inside his new estate, his scowl evident as he turned back around and headed back through the gates.

"What are YOU doing little girl?" one of the larger men asked, Damian strode through the door after a bit, removing his hat.

"I believe she's workin', unlike you it'd seem?" he said simply. The man pausing in mid step toward the potter, not the one he had talked to though, still... he didn't rightly care what gender she was as long as the work got done. Could she be an apprentice? Would a potter allow a girl to do that?
PM>>
^
Anella Giordano
 Posted: Jan 17 2013, 09:29 PM

Humans

Full App

They'd been working hard all day, thankfully inside as compared to summer when most of it was outside in the hot sun. Anella laid another of the handmade tiles in its place, gently pushing the filling compound into its spaces as she made sure the patterned star was clean. An entire constellation on this ballroom floor, a galaxy even. It was taking days....

She heard the man, one of the plumbers she thought, challenge her, and was all set to blow off some steam and pick a fight...verbal of course while she was working...but the owner of the place showed and well...she couldn't deny liking the outcome.

As the plumber stalked away Anella chuckled a little. "Thank ya sir." and nodded her head to him, before going back on her knees to finish this section of flooring.
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Damian Wraith
 Posted: Jan 17 2013, 09:39 PM

Humans

Full App

Damian nodded, everyone there knew him as Damian de Winter, despite what his real name ever was. He smiled toward the girl.

"Don' thank me, mah dear, you're actually doin' work, thank yourself," he told her simply, crossing his arms as he studied her for a moment,t hen the work around them. "You thirsty?" he asked, "I was just about to go for a walk when I heard that blowhard goin' off like he owned the place... the nerve, but it's a bit on the chilly side, think I'll stay in," he added, moving for the kitchen. It was far from complete, but it was huge, he could get used to that. The counter wasn't there yet, but moving that much marble would take a while. He had an odd contraption in there, stowed in one corner... it kept drinks chilled nicely.
PM>>
^
Anella Giordano
 Posted: Jan 17 2013, 09:46 PM

Humans

Full App

"Ah....sure I guess. Just lemme set this tile before the grout dries." She finished the last section, Orion in all his glory for people to walk on him.... Anella shrugged at it, proud of her work. She ran a hand along the top of a potted flower as she followed Mister DeWinter, wondering what Gracie would think of the place.

She'd keep any comment about his tinkering to herself though, as she watched him move for drinks. Everyone was good at something after all.
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Damian Wraith
 Posted: Jan 17 2013, 09:51 PM

Humans

Full App

He removed a pair of glasses from within the cooler, along with a metal bottle of some sort, cracking the lid with a twist, as he opened it a thick mist rose from the thing, denoting just how cold it was. He poured the yellow liquid into the glasses, offering her one.

"Now you aren't the gentleman I talked to about this project..." he mused, "I presume you're his apprentice? Looks like he taught you well," he mused. Eyes moving over her with a cool glance... there were rumors that he had a predatory look about him, that he often studied everyone with the same eye a hunter would watch a deer... it was true. Just as if he was contemplating something, but he was rich, eccentric some would say. Which was what you called a crazy person when they had money.
PM>>
^
Anella Giordano
 Posted: Jan 17 2013, 09:55 PM

Humans

Full App

She almost sighed outloud. Anella rarely if ever drank anything alcoholic, and the aber liquid was bound to be by the smell of it. She set her glass down gently to her side. "Ya probably spoke to Mister O'Malley or one of his sons. True, I'm his apprentice. Have worked in the shop one way or another since I was twelve." She knew it would come down to her gender and was ready for that debate too. "I've got a year left til I'm off on my own. But I doubt I'll leave."
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Damian Wraith
 Posted: Jan 17 2013, 10:03 PM

Humans

Full App

"It is always good to have a vocation, mah dear," he told her, "Don't let those meat headed, loudmouths tell you an'differnt," he stated. Smirking a bit as he took a long drink of his lemonade.. that's all it was. Sugar water and lemon juice, that was it. "Jus' cause your a girl don' mean nothin'," he pointed out, "Ya already do good work, so I know I for one'll be procurin' your talents again in the future, Miss--" he paused, looking at her for the moment.
PM>>
^
Anella Giordano
 Posted: Jan 17 2013, 10:07 PM

Humans

Full App

"Giordano. Anella, though ya can call me Ann if ya like. Its much shorter." She smiled a little bit. Atleast she wouldn't be sent home. Insted she'd have someone asking for her work. "Used to make the china and the like when I started. Its a hobby." she was rather good at that too...and had noticed his cupboards were so far somewhat bare.

PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Damian Wraith
 Posted: Jan 17 2013, 10:11 PM

Humans

Full App

Damian thought on that for a while, nodding.

"Ann, then," he offered, still contemplating. "Perhaps, I could use some dishes... though I do experiments and like to build things, may need some help in that regard, involvin' material, like say, thick thick, hardened ceramic... somethin' that can take a beatin'..." he offered, "If you could do that, you'd have an endless supply of work jus' from lil' ol' me alone," he said, "If, of course, you're interested, I'll pay well," he added.
PM>>
^
Anella Giordano
 Posted: Jan 17 2013, 10:14 PM

Humans

Full App

"I'd have to see about getting the right kind of clay...." she thought about the details in her head. "But we make urns and the like that are pretty durable. And wall filler. It'll stop a pistol shot." Anella started to let herself hope just a little bit. Any extra pay on the side would help them once Mama was finally gone. And she didn't have to tell Gracie or anyone else for now either....

"I could come up with a few plates made of the same, and always can imbed materials in it. Like a mesh. Flexable and durable." She assumed it was for shipping his inventions, she'd ask before delivering the first batch. "And plates and the like for ya, just tell Mister O'Malley and he'll get the order to the boys and I."
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Damian Wraith
 Posted: Jan 17 2013, 10:21 PM

Humans

Full App

Damian thought, then nodded.

"I'll be sure to ask for you in specific, I like things to remain the same usually, though I've made a huge change by comin' ta New Venice, I'd like to keep some things as continuous," he offered, "I'll be sure to have dimensions when I place the order," he said. "I may even have a mold for you to use," he stated, lifting his glass as if to tell her to drink, and finished his own, sighing softly. The house would become drafty, he mused, but that was why he had a hearth in several rooms, and the kitchen would have a large wooden stove... his workshop had a kiln... it'd also be rather warm. Though he was feeling the heat in the room already, the kitchen would be the warmest in the house. That'd be fine.

"So, mah dear, Ann, what do you think of the design?" he asked, it had been his design, others were building it, but it was based off schematics he, himself, had drawn up.
PM>>
^
Anella Giordano
 Posted: Jan 17 2013, 10:24 PM

Humans

Full App

"Its Grand...Large...Lonely." she was honest with him, shrugging a bit. "But then I suppose some people like their solitary time. I enjoy mine though its rare I get it." Anella laughed though, looking around the large kitchen. "I'd suggest getting a pet. Something aloof, like a cat. But thats just me." Plus he'd probably need one for the mice.
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Damian Wraith
 Posted: Jan 17 2013, 10:28 PM

Humans

Full App

Damian allowed a laugh to escape him, shaking his head.

"Dunno about a pet... and it could be lonely, but I do intend to try my hand at rubbing elbows with the other high society stiff shirted buffoons, so there'll be no shortage of company... as long as I can tolerate it..." he added, "If I really want a pet, I'll jus' build one I suppose, I tend to prefer the mechanical to anythin' else," he told her.
PM>>
^
Anella Giordano
 Posted: Jan 17 2013, 10:30 PM

Humans

Full App

Anella shrugged at that. "To each their own." she didn't see herself ever in a grand party like that. "Though I couldn't say whether company like that would be good or not. Never been a part of it." She was ready to get back to work, but the grout had to dry anyway.
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Damian Wraith
 Posted: Jan 17 2013, 10:34 PM

Humans

Full App

"Neither have I... though I did attend college, alot of old money attendin' those messes..." he mused. "If'n ya ever wanna try your hand at the craft of bein' bored out of your mind, you let me know," he joked. Pausing for a moment, it was still odd to be considered rich himself, but he had earned every dime.

"Should probably get you back ta work before that blunderbust comes back and I have to shut 'em up again," he told her, "Besides, wouldn't mind seein' you work, could explain it to me too.." he said.
PM>>
^
Anella Giordano
 Posted: Jan 17 2013, 10:39 PM

Humans

Full App

"I wouldn't fit in for that sorta thing. Stick out like a sore thumb in gingham and cotton." she laughed at the very idea but shrugged. "Ya can keep me company, of ya don't have anything better to do I suppose. Got a few more stars to lay in before the boys come back with the surrounding pieces."

She'd move to go back to he ballroom, but stopped. Maybe she'd be pushing her luck, but still, it was for Gracie. "How'd you get those big flowers to live this long in the winter?"
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Damian Wraith
 Posted: Jan 17 2013, 10:47 PM

Humans

Full App

Damian glanced over at the flowers with a partial smirk.

"Those bloom in the winter, actually, the chill and the snow doesn't bother them so much... though talkin' to them helps," he said, moving back into the ballroom. You must carry a chaos inside you to give birth to a dancing star, he thought to himself. His gaze lingering over the design, with an observing eye.
PM>>
^
Anella Giordano
 Posted: Jan 18 2013, 12:12 AM

Humans

Full App

"My sister would love them." she commented quietly as they got back to the ballroom and Anella got back to work, down on her hands and knees again, glad for the leather sewn into the knees of almost off of her outfits. It was a good padding, though she still had callouses there.

Orion was set, so Anella moved a little while away to put up Cassiopea, Ursa Major and Minor had gone in the day before and then the doys had filled in the remaining spaces with a miriad of blues and purples.
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Damian Wraith
 Posted: Jan 18 2013, 12:39 AM

Humans

Full App

He settled in to watch for now, ears twitching as he glanced toward one door. The plumber had gone that way... and he could hear him talking to the others, trying to get a mutiny going on against Damian after embarrassing him in front of the silly girl who was doing a man's job. There was some guffaws, but the others wouldn't bite... if they did they knew they wouldn't get paid. Smart. But the plumber wasn't too happy it seemed. He smiled lightly, arms crossed a bit as he rotated his head a bit to pop his neck, wondering if the guy would try something or just accept being paid and doing his job.
PM>>
^
Anella Giordano
 Posted: Jan 19 2013, 08:10 PM

Humans

Full App

Though she kept her head down and worked, Anella easily heard the man talking about getting her thrown out. That was the last thing she needed, to be dismissed from her own design because of her gender. She wouldn't bother complaining about it however, knowing it very rarely did any good. Insted she picked up the conversation again.

"I was tempted, when Master O'Malley told me what room this was to be...to put dance steps in insted of constellations, help some poor fool out one day."
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Damian Wraith
 Posted: Jan 19 2013, 11:44 PM

Humans

Full App

That drew a soft chuckle from Damian as he pushed from the wall.

"A real pity too, I could probably use 'em, I know a few dance moves of questionable origin..." he said showing off one, it was more something found in a bar, or ship. Rabble rousing and fun, but no place in a high society party... He paused, "And now, I am embarrassin' mahself," he stated with a smirk. "I think you should go, to keep me from doin' that... besides, will do mah patrons good to see a real artist," he said. His hand going into his pocket, "What's a nice dress run these days?" he asked her.
PM>>
^
Anella Giordano
 Posted: Jan 19 2013, 11:48 PM

Humans

Full App

Anella snorted very unladylike at the question. "To be frank, Mister DeWinter....does it look like I'd know what a fancy dress costs?" she laughed a little at the question, one eyebrow up as she tried to control her smirk.
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Damian Wraith
 Posted: Jan 19 2013, 11:57 PM

Humans

Full App

Damian allowed his smirk to show.

"Ah know a dangerous question when ah see one..." he said, pulling out a roll of money, counting it out, then offered it to her. "Get yourself somethin' then, get help... somethin' nice, see you at the party..." he told her with a grin. "It'll do well ta have some rich, pompous fool, laid low with humility," he added.
PM>>
^
Anella Giordano
 Posted: Jan 20 2013, 12:00 AM

Humans

Full App

"Mister DeWinter...I...thats alot of money." but she took it from him. It'd be an odd and akward night, and then Gracie could have her dress. They could always have it alterred the little bit it'd need to be to fit her twin better.

"I'll, be here then I suppose. Though don't be surprised if a few of your guests walk out." she wasn't too well liked among the craftsmen of the city, she knew very well.
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Damian Wraith
 Posted: Jan 20 2013, 12:20 AM

Humans

Full App

"Ah have more than enough stowed, mah dear Ann," he pointed out, "You take that, expect to see ya here alright," he said with a wry grin. When she spoke of chasing off guests, his grin grew wider.

"You do that, an' I'll be in your debt," he joked, "Ah'll point ya at the ones I want gone, how 'bout that?" he asked. He thought about it for a moment, "We all start somewhere, girl, even some of the rich people, they had ta start off small, or their ancestors did... now look at 'em, I'm no different, an' somethin' tells me neither are you... there's a revolution jus' waitin' ta happen," he told her with a grin. "Party's two days after this place is finished, after last light," he added.
PM>>
^
Anella Giordano
 Posted: Jan 20 2013, 12:28 AM

Humans

Full App

Anella nodded. "Sure. I'll...be here." she laughed at the idea. "We'll see how long it'll be before that revolution happens, hmm?" but she went back to work, money securly tucked into her pocket.
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Damian Wraith
 Posted: Jan 20 2013, 12:39 AM

Humans

Full App

Damian smirked, if he had his way, then it'd be sooner than she thought. He'd need to work on that secret compartment in his chambers for his weapons, gear, and other equipment... He lapsed into silence for a moment, moving the side to watch her work, while he was good with his hand, art oft-times, and too often escaped him,
PM>>
^
Anella Giordano
 Posted: Jan 22 2013, 02:49 PM

Humans

Full App

Anella laid the last few tiles in place and stood up, brshing her hands on her pants. "Well, thats all I can do today." She turned to shrug at Damien. "I guess I'll see ya tomorrow Mister Dewinter." She'd grab her hat and jacket along with her tools and be ready to go.
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Damian Wraith
 Posted: Jan 22 2013, 03:59 PM

Humans

Full App

Damian grinned, moving toward her, offering her a leather clad hand.

"Please, Ann, if Ah'm gonna force ya to endure this horrible thing, least Ah can do is let ya call me Damian," he offered with a smirk. He'd shake her hand, then walk her to the door, "You have a good day, mah dear, I'll be sendin' you the time," he added. Once he'd ushered her politely out the door, he'd turn toward the den... he needed to have a few words with the large man who thought it wise to bring about a mutiny on him. He was glad the others saw reason... but him?

Moments later...

"Get him up off the flo', Ah don't want him bleedin' everywhere... Ah want him gone, hire someone else," he told the foreman before turning on his heel to go on that walk he had been about to go on before...
PM>>
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Options   New Reply  New Topic  New Poll 

CBOX