so we've put it at the bottom!
   New Reply  New Topic  New Poll 

How Droll, Theodora!
Cassandra Holmwood
 Posted: May 23 2012, 03:21 PM

Inactive Character

Full App
Played by: N/A

Cassandra reclined on the side of the couch, legs crossed beneath her skirt and uppermost ankle kicking slightly. Thackeray sat across from her, eyebrow raised.

Finally, he spoke, "So, is 'petulant child' just your default expression, or...?"

She made a face at him. "No one is around to see me throw a vase at your head. Just a friendly reminder." He grinned, and then her parents came in. Her mother looked beautiful as usual, and her father looked big and burly and friendly, with an interesting cowlick in his red hair that Jocelyn was desperately trying to tame.

"William, will you stand still," she said, exasperated.

He turned towards her, prompting a frustrated look, and gripped both sides of her head before smacking a kiss on her. "Nobody is going to notice the three strands of hair on my head that don't like to listen to you, my darling," he promised.

A doorman appeared, hands tucked neatly behind his back. "The Hylands have arrived, sir. I have directed them to the blue room."

"Excellent!" William declared, releasing his wife's face. "Alright, children, up and at them!"

"It's at 'em, I believe," Thackeray murmured. "The th kind of strips it of its charm." He stood to follow his aunt and uncle out the door.

William frowned in thought. "Really? Goodness."

Cassandra rolled her eyes expansively and stood, straightening her skirts briefly before sweeping out of the room.

~

Of course, in the blue room, she made a beeline for Theodora, since they were friends, of a sort. She heard her dad ask Mr. Hyland where Mr. Warren was, in his usually booming, jovial manner. She didn't hear the response. "Hello, Theodora," she said, in a polite, sort-of friendly tone. "I see your fiance was able to escape."
PM>>
^
Theodora Hyland
 Posted: May 26 2012, 07:38 PM

Humans

Full App

To say that Theodora was annoyed was an understatement. Theodora was livid that Grayson couldn't make it to another dinner they had been invited to. What was the point of being the fiancee of one of the most wanted men in all of New Venice if she could barely show him around? She knew that he was a busy man and that he had much to do, but for once, Theodora wanted the chance to be able to show him around.

"Ouch," she hissed when her maid tightened her corset. "It's tight enough, you can leave," Theodora mumbled and glared at the woman who scampered away. Checking herself in the mirror, Theodora opted to wear a dark green princess line dinner gown, her curled hair in a tight bun.

Georgina Hyland walked into her daughter's room, dressed her best as well with a smile on her face. "Good to know you're almost done, I'd hate to keep the Holmwoods waiting." Lady Georgina walked over to her daughter and helped put her dress in place before handing her, her fan.

"Is Maragret coming?" Theodora asked, her voice polite and calm although she resisted the urge to roll her eyes at the idea of spending dinner with her beloved sister.

"Good heavens no, your father has her studying another useless artifact. She also mentioned she was feeling... unwell."

Theodora shrugged. At least she had her father for the night, although she knew that her mother had to threaten him saying that his attendance was necessary otherwise he'd risk insulting Mr. and Mrs. Holmwood for not being there. Her mother mentioned that it was already bad enough that Grayson couldn't make it, some problem at home or some sort.

"Come now, we need to go if we don't want to be late," Georgina said, knowing that her youngest daughter was annoyed. "We'll have our own fun without them."

Once they were in the Holmwood residence, they were quickly greeted by the doorman who had promptly directed them to the blue room. Although Theodora didn't have too many friends as she was seen as a rather distant and cold woman, her family had been particularly close to the Holmwoods, her mother being good friends with Jocelyn Holmwood.

The first two to appear into the blue room was William and Jocelyn Holmwood. Both immediately going to her mother and father with William asking about Grayson to which her father mumbled that he had been stuck at work. Theodora smiled politely when Cassandra appeared next. She made her way over to the younger woman and nodded.

"Hello Cassandra," she greeted the woman with a small smile, her posture uptight. "Yes he was, you know Grayson, he's a rather busy man," Theodora answered. "How are you? How has the season been for you?" Theodora asked, knowing that the season had already started and women were flocking parties looking for husbands.
PM>>
^
Cassandra Holmwood
 Posted: May 30 2012, 10:05 PM

Inactive Character

Full App

Cassandra smiled, saccharine. "Mm, what a shame he's so unavailable. I do hope that will change once you two marry," she murmured, in a conversational, semi-bored tone. She took a minute to take in the other woman's dress. The color offset her hair nicely, but that was easy to do with blonde.

"Oh, you know. After the initial rush--" She was, of course, referring to her coming out party and the frantic simpering of a few young men aiming to marry her and her family's money (the gamblers were certainly out in full force for that one). "It's been dreadfully boring. People have been holing up in their houses ever since it started to snow. I feel like reminding people that parties are typically held inside."
PM>>
^
Theodora Hyland
 Posted: Jun 2 2012, 09:42 AM

Humans

Full App

Theodora was somewhat familiar with Cassandra's reputation with being slightly loose when it came to men. "As do I," she replied back, somewhat tensely and guarded. Theodora wasn't known to have many friends and she liked Cassandra enough where she wasn't some giggling little girl that hung onto her every word because of who she was to marry. "But he is a busy man. I mean it is hard owing half the city and all."

She gave Cassandra a small smiling, indicating that she was somewhat amused by her story. "Which is why I don't understand why you held it in the winter. Didn't your mother know that the best times to hold them are in the summer? Although people are rather daft. What's a little cold going to do?" she asked. "No harm, no foul."
PM>>
^
Cassandra Holmwood
 Posted: Jun 6 2012, 07:45 PM

Inactive Character

Full App

"She wanted it as close to my birthday as possible," Cassandra explained, breezily. "It doesn't truly matter. I won't be expected to make a decision until well into the summer, anyway. I'll have plenty of time."
PM>>
^
Theodora Hyland
 Posted: Jun 6 2012, 09:43 PM

Humans

Full App

Theodora just nodded and looked around. She noticed that her parents were busy talking to Cassandra's parents but Cassandra's brother was missing. "Hm, where is your brother?" she asked with little interest. "It's awfully stuffy in here, is there anywhere we could walk?"
PM>>
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Options   New Reply  New Topic  New Poll 

CBOX