so we've put it at the bottom!
Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )  New Reply  New Topic  New Poll 

Perusing, Eleanora & Arthur
Eleanora Wayland
 Posted: Apr 13 2012, 03:29 PM

Humans

Full App
Played by: N/A

"To a certain extent." She allowed with a slight nod. "I can't be seen to be...attempting to rise above my station, after all." They both knew just how vicious the nobility could be in that instance. No doubt the rising class of wealthy merchants added to their insecurity there.
PM>>
^
Arthur Chase
 Posted: Apr 13 2012, 03:38 PM

Inactive Character

Full App

He laughed again. "Yeah. I hear you. They're very quick to remind me of my humble roots. But, ah, you gotta love people who don't take a lot of pushing to think what you want them to, eh?"
PM>>
^
Eleanora Wayland
 Posted: Apr 13 2012, 03:43 PM

Humans

Full App

"Why senator, are you suggesting that men are easily manipulated?" She asked, opening her eyes wide and batting her eyelashes at him in an exaggeratedly innocent expression.
PM>>
^
Arthur Chase
 Posted: Apr 13 2012, 03:51 PM

Inactive Character

Full App

He pretended to fall into a trance. "No. I'm suggesting whatever you're suggesting," he said, in monotone, eyes crossing slightly.
PM>>
^
Eleanora Wayland
 Posted: Apr 13 2012, 04:39 PM

Humans

Full App

She laughed again, shaking her head. "You might be surprised just how many men make decisions based on...well." She shook her head, deciding not to finish that thought. "It's quite refreshing to meet someone like yourself, who doesn't seem surprised that I've a thought in my head just because I'm a woman."
PM>>
^
Arthur Chase
 Posted: Apr 13 2012, 04:58 PM

Inactive Character

Full App

He let his expression go back to normal. "You should meet my wife. If she wasn't a woman, she'd be standing in my shoes, right now," he admitted. "She's probably a good deal smarter than I am."
PM>>
^
Eleanora Wayland
 Posted: Apr 13 2012, 05:08 PM

Humans

Full App

She nodded at that. "A young gentleman once told me that his father's advice to him was to marry a woman who was smarter than he was. He said he planned to do just that...did, actually, if I remember correctly."
PM>>
^
Arthur Chase
 Posted: Apr 13 2012, 05:20 PM

Inactive Character

Full App

He laughed, and thumbed through a few more of the pages in the botany book. "Anyone I'd recognize?"
PM>>
^
Eleanora Wayland
 Posted: Apr 13 2012, 05:22 PM

Humans

Full App

"That depends on how many wool merchants you know." She flipped another page before closing the book and moving to replace it on the shelf. "I don't know that we move in the same circles."
PM>>
^
Arthur Chase
 Posted: Apr 13 2012, 05:25 PM

Inactive Character

Full App

"Well, maybe I should get to know more of those," he conceded. He looked at his own book. The Secrets of Mesopotamia. He wondered who'd taken the time to write all this. "My circles can get pretty esoteric at times. Sometimes I just take a moment to look around, and think, 'These are my friends?'"
PM>>
^
Eleanora Wayland
 Posted: Apr 13 2012, 05:55 PM

Humans

Full App

She quirked an eyebrow at that. "You and me both." She'd certainly found herself in some odd crowds in her time, though probably with significantly less clothing than in the senator's case.
PM>>
^
Arthur Chase
 Posted: Apr 13 2012, 06:00 PM

Inactive Character

Full App

"Bet you got some good stories up in there." He pointed at her head. "You ever think about writing it down and getting it published?"
PM>>
^
Eleanora Wayland
 Posted: Apr 13 2012, 06:08 PM

Humans

Full App

"Hm...some names and details have been changed to protect identities?" She chuckled at the idea. "I dont' know, I never gave much thought to writing."
PM>>
^
Arthur Chase
 Posted: Apr 13 2012, 06:34 PM

Inactive Character

Full App

"Well, you should consider it," he said, smiling more broadly. "I'm sure people would love to read about it. Scandals, you know. Gossip. It gets their attention."
PM>>
^
Eleanora Wayland
 Posted: Apr 13 2012, 06:40 PM

Humans

Full App

"True, but it wouldn't be good if people found out who I was." She mused, tapping a finger to her lips. "I suppose I'd need a pen name..."
PM>>
^
Arthur Chase
 Posted: Apr 13 2012, 06:53 PM

Inactive Character

Full App

Arthur blew his cheeks out, thoughtfully. "Hmm... or you can just remain anonymous. Sign it, 'Your Dear Friend.'"
PM>>
^
Eleanora Wayland
 Posted: Apr 13 2012, 07:19 PM

Humans

Full App

She nodded, surprised to find herself actually considering it. "Could be a dangerous game, but it could also get me to my goal sooner...of course I'm not likely to find a publisher who'll work with me, and who I trust to keep my identity a secret."
PM>>
^
Arthur Chase
 Posted: Apr 13 2012, 07:22 PM

Inactive Character

Full App

"Anyone you do trust? They can always act as your liaison."
PM>>
^
Eleanora Wayland
 Posted: Apr 13 2012, 07:28 PM

Humans

Full App

"No one who wouldn't be all too easily traced back to myself. Unless..." She turned to look at him again, a smile slowly spreading across her face.
PM>>
^
Arthur Chase
 Posted: Apr 13 2012, 07:29 PM

Inactive Character

Full App

He was pursing his lips at some of the other books, but when she fell into silence, he looked at her. "... You're not serious."
PM>>
^
Eleanora Wayland
 Posted: Apr 13 2012, 07:31 PM

Humans

Full App

"When it comes to money, Senator, I am always serious." She placed a hand on her hip, giving him a considering look. "Think about it...no one would ever guess that either of us was involved. I'm sure you've got all sorts of people who owe you a favor and might deliver a lettter without asking questions."
PM>>
^
Arthur Chase
 Posted: Apr 13 2012, 07:38 PM

Inactive Character

Full App

He held up his hands. "Okay. Obvious question time: How do you know you can trust me? You just met me."
PM>>
^
Eleanora Wayland
 Posted: Apr 13 2012, 07:53 PM

Humans

Full App

"I assure you, Senator, I am an excellent judge of character." Her eyes shone with amusement. "You have to be, in my line of work, or you don't last long."
PM>>
^
Arthur Chase
 Posted: Apr 13 2012, 08:04 PM

Inactive Character

Full App

He pointed at her. "Maybe I'm a better liar than you give me credit for."
PM>>
^
Eleanora Wayland
 Posted: Apr 14 2012, 12:50 AM

Humans

Full App

"Maybe." She allowed, but she didn't give the possibility much credit. She hadn't lied about being an excellent judge of character.
PM>>
^
Arthur Chase
 Posted: Apr 14 2012, 04:40 PM

Inactive Character

Full App

He let his hand drop. "You're serious about this, aren't you?" he asked, incredulously. Then, he laughed. "Fine. I surrender. But if you regret this, let it be known here and now that whatever the reason for that regret is, it's not my fault."
PM>>
^
Eleanora Wayland
 Posted: Apr 14 2012, 10:00 PM

Humans

Full App

"It was your idea." She pointed out, but shook her head. "And don't worry, I won't blame you...and I won't out you, if it's discovered who's writing things. Now the difficult part is...how do we find someone to publish this? You don't even know if I'm any good as a writer, after all."
PM>>
^
Arthur Chase
 Posted: Apr 15 2012, 04:04 PM

Inactive Character

Full App

"Hey, what are editors for? Got to give those lugs a job to do." He snorted. He couldn't believe he'd agreed to this, actually. She had a way about her that was innately persuasive. If he was a smart man, he'd have recognized that and gotten the hell out of her way immediately. Unfortunately, despite his reputation, there were many ways in which he was as dumb as a pile of potatoes. "I know some guys who are affiliated with publishinghouses. Don't worry about that."
PM>>
^
Eleanora Wayland
 Posted: Apr 16 2012, 02:05 PM

Humans

Full App

"Alright then, it's decided." She beamed at him. "How shall I get in contact with you? I assume your wife wouldn't appreciate my showing up on your doorstep, literary motivation or otherwise."
PM>>
^
Arthur Chase
 Posted: Apr 16 2012, 04:00 PM

Inactive Character

Full App

"On the contrary. Given this recent turn of events, I'm absolutely certain she'd want to meet you." Arthur had never really gotten into the habit of keeping secrets from his wife. "You should come over for dinner, sometime."
PM>>
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Options Pages: (3) 1 2 3   New Reply  New Topic  New Poll 

CBOX