Can't find the cbox? Your screen's too small,
so we've put it at the bottom!
Pages: (6) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )  New Reply  New Topic  New Poll 

This Is A Powder Keg, John Rein
Cassandra Holmwood
 Posted: May 11 2012, 07:27 PM

Inactive Character

Full App
Played by: N/A

She'd been making a mess of his life since reluctantly agreeing to let him stay. Irving had made a convincing case, and she'd felt bad for the man, in the end. She did feel somewhat close to him, after all.

But that didn't mean she couldn't make the stablehand want to quit.

It had started off with a bang. She'd found his grooming equipment and used a stick to mire it in manure. She'd covered the handle of the pitch fork in adhesive when she'd discovered that he was the one who was in charge of mucking out the stalls on that particular day. She'd gone in there while the place was crowded and cornered him, taunting him with her pheromones. Why? Because fuck him, that's why. Easy-peasy.

And it had gone one for a couple of weeks. Since, she'd had a rash of bad luck herself -- she'd found a dead mouse in her bed twice and a dead bird on her shoes once, and had taken to closing her door firmly whenever she left her bedroom. Stupid cats!

The ire just got magnified and focused on the stablehand.

After a particularly vicious prank, she'd avoided him for an entire day, and had eventually forgotten about it in the wake of discovering an invitation to a glamorous New Year's Eve ball (taking place in mid-January, unfortunately) that was becoming the talk of the town. She and her girlfriends had decided to head slightly out of town to a dress maker that lived in the outskirts that was supposed to be absolutely phenomenal. As morning dawned, she realized she hadn't informed the stablemaster of her intentions of leaving that day, and she was the one that had volunteered her carriage.

It was still a good few hours before she left. That should be enough time, and if it wasn't, she would stomp her feet and scream until it magically was.

As she made her way down to the stable, she was immediately struck by how eerily quiet it was. Frowning, she entered, and went into the little "office" in the middle of the barn. It was actually a converted feed room, but the stablemaster used it to complete paperwork and the like. "Mr. Haddaway?" she called.

Where was everyone? Cassandra stood in the doorway of the pseudo-office, at a loss for what to do.
PM>>
^
John Rein
 Posted: May 11 2012, 07:45 PM

Wonders

Full App

The girl was a bitch, in the human insult manner of the word, and John was dealing with it. The job was too good to quit so easily. He didn't understand why she just didn't get him fired. He'd taken to keeping Holt around him while on the job. Holt tried to warn him whenever Cassandra veered toward the stables, so John could at least prepare himself. It never helped all that much.

He was brushing down a horse when she showed up. Since he was alone in the stables that morning, he didn't expect her to stick around. But when he heard her voice questioning the whereabouts of the stablemaster, he figured he should help her.

"He's out," he said, still in his stall, still brushing down the horse. He couldn't see her, but he heard her nearby.
PM>> MSN>>
^
Cassandra Holmwood
 Posted: May 11 2012, 07:50 PM

Inactive Character

Full App

She heard a voice, but didn't place it immediately. Storming down to the stable, she stalled when she realized who it was. They were alone, and that was dangerous. But he was in the stall, and busy. She was probably safe enough. "Well, where is he?" she demanded.
PM>>
^
John Rein
 Posted: May 11 2012, 07:56 PM

Wonders

Full App

"He's making studding arrangements," John said, still brushing.

Holt popped out from a pile of hay. Hmnah? He yawned and shook himself, then trotted to the stall's opening. When he saw Cassandra he let out a little yip. Oh! She's here!

Thanks, Holt.
PM>> MSN>>
^
Cassandra Holmwood
 Posted: May 11 2012, 07:58 PM

Inactive Character

Full App

She scowled. "Studding," she said, annoyed. "Well, I need two horses and a carriage by noon. Let whoever's in charge of that know."
PM>>
^
John Rein
 Posted: May 11 2012, 08:03 PM

Wonders

Full App

John put the brush down and pat the horse's neck. "Mr. Haddaway won't be back until late this afternoon."

Holt crept toward the girl, sniffing at the air around her. She smells!

Like what?

The mutt sneezed. People. Men.
PM>> MSN>>
^
Cassandra Holmwood
 Posted: May 11 2012, 08:53 PM

Inactive Character

Full App

"How irritating." She eyed the dog with distaste. "Get away!" she snapped, flicking her skirts at it to try and scare it off.
PM>>
^
John Rein
 Posted: May 11 2012, 08:56 PM

Wonders

Full App

Holt's little tail wagged. She's funny!

Be careful.

The dog hopped around her, yapping and snapping at the air around her skirts. He knew better than to actually bite her, but teasing her was fun enough.
PM>> MSN>>
^
Cassandra Holmwood
 Posted: May 11 2012, 08:59 PM

Inactive Character

Full App

She squealed and stepped back. "I'll kick it! Call it off!"
PM>>
^
John Rein
 Posted: May 11 2012, 09:05 PM

Wonders

Full App

Bwahahahaha! said Holt.

John smirked and snapped his fingers. Get over here, she really will kick you.

Holt scampered away from her and sat primly.

John chuckled and started gathering the pieces he needed to get the horse ready for a carriage. Then he remembered he had to talk sometimes.

"I'll get the horses ready, and the carriage," he said, preparing the horse. "I might have to be your driver, though."
PM>> MSN>>
^
Cassandra Holmwood
 Posted: May 11 2012, 09:06 PM

Inactive Character

Full App

"Ugh."
PM>>
^
John Rein
 Posted: May 11 2012, 09:07 PM

Wonders

Full App

"Or you could wait until tomorrow. Everyone will be back then."
PM>> MSN>>
^
Cassandra Holmwood
 Posted: May 11 2012, 09:08 PM

Inactive Character

Full App

"No. I suppose I'll just have to put up with you," she sneered, turning and making her way back towards the front of the barn.
PM>>
^
John Rein
 Posted: May 11 2012, 09:10 PM

Wonders

Full App

"Where will we be going?" John called.
PM>> MSN>>
^
Cassandra Holmwood
 Posted: May 11 2012, 09:11 PM

Inactive Character

Full App

She didn't answer as she left. He wasn't worth answering.
PM>>
^
John Rein
 Posted: May 11 2012, 09:19 PM

Wonders

Full App

Holt darted after her. I'mma chase her!

John dropped the reins and tried to grab the little dog, but the creature was too fast. Holt, stop!

Holt did not stop. He scampered around the girl, yipping and circling. Hey girl! Play with me! You wouldn't really kick me! Play with me instead! Or feed me! FOOD!
PM>> MSN>>
^
Cassandra Holmwood
 Posted: May 11 2012, 09:21 PM

Inactive Character

Full App

There was a shriek, before she lifted her skirt and aimed a kick at the dog's side. "Get away!"
PM>>
^
John Rein
 Posted: May 11 2012, 09:24 PM

Wonders

Full App

There was a yelp, and Holt immediately backed away, tail between his legs. Meaaaaaaaan! he whined.

John caught up to Cassandra and slapped her across the face.
PM>> MSN>>
^
Cassandra Holmwood
 Posted: May 11 2012, 09:24 PM

Inactive Character

Full App

The slap caught her off-guard.

Obviously.

She froze for a second, then turned a murderous stare on the man. "How dare you."
PM>>
^
John Rein
 Posted: May 11 2012, 09:28 PM

Wonders

Full App

John ignored her and picked Holt up from the ground. Are you hurt?

Just my pride, whined the dog. Whatever that is. After a few moments, the dog licked John's chin and tossed its tail a couple times. What's pride? Is that like a foot?

John let out a relieved sigh.
PM>> MSN>>
^
Cassandra Holmwood
 Posted: May 11 2012, 09:29 PM

Inactive Character

Full App

"I'm having that mongrel put down," she promised, turning towards the house.
PM>>
^
John Rein
 Posted: May 11 2012, 09:33 PM

Wonders

Full App

John glanced at her. "No you're not."
PM>> MSN>>
^
Cassandra Holmwood
 Posted: May 11 2012, 09:34 PM

Inactive Character

Full App

"Oh no?" she laughed, cruelly. "Watch me." She turned to leave the barn once more.
PM>>
^
John Rein
 Posted: May 11 2012, 09:38 PM

Wonders

Full App

John did watch her, for a moment, and then he grabbed her and pulled her back. "No, you're not. No one touches my dog."
PM>> MSN>>
^
Cassandra Holmwood
 Posted: May 11 2012, 09:40 PM

Inactive Character

Full App

She squeaked in surprise, and flailed an arm to hit him. "No one touches me. Your stupid mutt included."
PM>>
^
John Rein
 Posted: May 11 2012, 09:43 PM

Wonders

Full App

He turned his head aside to avoid the brunt of the flailing hit. It wasn't very hard, at least. "He didn't touch you, he was only playing. He won't bother you again."
PM>> MSN>>
^
Cassandra Holmwood
 Posted: May 11 2012, 09:52 PM

Inactive Character

Full App

"No, because he'll be dead," she said, sweetly.
PM>>
^
John Rein
 Posted: May 11 2012, 09:55 PM

Wonders

Full App

He tightened his grip on her arm and shoved her hard against a wall. "Shut up."

Holt whined at him.
PM>> MSN>>
^
Cassandra Holmwood
 Posted: May 11 2012, 09:56 PM

Inactive Character

Full App

She glared up at him. "Let. Go. Of. Me."
PM>>
^
John Rein
 Posted: May 11 2012, 09:57 PM

Wonders

Full App

His reply was half a growl. A very convincing growl. "No."
PM>> MSN>>
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Options Pages: (6) 1 2 3 ... Last »  New Reply  New Topic  New Poll 

CBOX