Can't find the cbox? Your screen's too small,
so we've put it at the bottom!
Pages: (11) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )  New Reply  New Topic  New Poll 

Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet, Anya
Thackeray Holmwood
 Posted: Jun 6 2012, 07:53 PM

Inactive Character

Full App
Played by: N/A

His week was over. Currently, he was trudging through the snow towards the estates, still in his "poor" clothes -- he hadn't thought ahead to bring something nice, or the money to hail down a proper cab and get there without exhausting himself. "Are you sure you're ready for this?" he asked, turning his eyes towards his little companion. "I don't... know what you're expecting."

But he was sure it wasn't going to be what she found.
PM>>
^
Anya Wilder
 Posted: Jun 6 2012, 07:56 PM

Wonders

Full App
Played by: Jenn

She had to hand it to the guy. He actually made it through an entire week living her life. She was fairly sure that he would have given up after the first day or so, but no. He trudged on, causing for her to give him a bit more respect then when she had first met him. She followed him though, grinning brightly as she did.

"I'm expecting that the pampered life is going to be amazing!"
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Thackeray Holmwood
 Posted: Jun 6 2012, 07:57 PM

Inactive Character

Full App

He smiled at her, but he still looked uncertain -- or even worried -- about this. "Well, there is food."
PM>>
^
Anya Wilder
 Posted: Jun 6 2012, 07:59 PM

Wonders

Full App

"Yes! Food! And a hot bath and food and a real bed and food and food!" Could he tell that she was really excited about the food?
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Thackeray Holmwood
 Posted: Jun 6 2012, 08:00 PM

Inactive Character

Full App

He laughed, throwing an arm around her shoulders in a companionable way, squeezing her shoulder. "Yes, lots of food, Anya. Try not to blow up like a balloon in a single week."
PM>>
^
Anya Wilder
 Posted: Jun 6 2012, 08:04 PM

Wonders

Full App

She turned to look at him in shock, "Are you kidding me?! I'm going to eat as much as possible! Those meals are going to have to last me a long ass time!"
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Thackeray Holmwood
 Posted: Jun 6 2012, 08:04 PM

Inactive Character

Full App

He threw his hands up. "Fine! Turn into a wild hog. I won't stop you."
PM>>
^
Anya Wilder
 Posted: Jun 6 2012, 08:08 PM

Wonders

Full App

Anya laughed, patting him on the back, "That's the spirit! I knew you'd understand." Following along beside him, she looked around, "So, where's your rump rest?"
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Thackeray Holmwood
 Posted: Jun 6 2012, 08:12 PM

Inactive Character

Full App

He pointed. "That." The estate was huge.

The Holmwoods were old money.

The mansion was set far back from the street, protected by an ornate gate that led into a grand driveway lined by oak trees. The house dwarfed every other in sight, easily.
PM>>
^
Anya Wilder
 Posted: Jun 6 2012, 08:14 PM

Wonders

Full App

Anya stopped dead in her tracks and stared at the house. No way that was a house! "I always thought that was a hospital or a boarding house or something... Not just someone's... house!"
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Thackeray Holmwood
 Posted: Jun 6 2012, 08:15 PM

Inactive Character

Full App

He chuckled, warily. "Well. It's my house. Our house." He grabbed her elbow to propel her gently forward. "Come on, it's freezing."
PM>>
^
Anya Wilder
 Posted: Jun 6 2012, 08:16 PM

Wonders

Full App

She kept staring at it, even as she was being pulled along. There was a good chance that if she got up to pee in the middle of the night in that house, she would get lost... There was also a good chance that no one would ever find her again and she'd have to live off of wallpaper paste... "Holy shit..."
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Thackeray Holmwood
 Posted: Jun 6 2012, 08:18 PM

Inactive Character

Full App

"It's not that big. It's just the townhouse," he explained, laughing. "They have a real manor outside the city. With a lot of land."
PM>>
^
Anya Wilder
 Posted: Jun 6 2012, 08:19 PM

Wonders

Full App

"Not that big?! Seriously?! Are you not seeing what I'm seeing? Its huge, and you're modest!"
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Thackeray Holmwood
 Posted: Jun 6 2012, 08:20 PM

Inactive Character

Full App

He laughed. "Man, I'm having a lot of fun imagining your reaction to their manor out in the country."
PM>>
^
Anya Wilder
 Posted: Jun 6 2012, 08:21 PM

Wonders

Full App

Anya looked at him, "Who own's that mannor then?"
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Thackeray Holmwood
 Posted: Jun 6 2012, 08:23 PM

Inactive Character

Full App

"My aunt and uncle. It's theirs. So is this," he added, pointing up at the house they were approaching. As they neared the gate, one of the stablehands stepped forward to scrutinize him.

"Mister Holmwood!" he said, astonished. "It's good to see you home." He pulled the gate open.

Thackeray smiled. "Thank you. This is Anya, she's with me," he explained, pulling the girl past the gate and up towards the house. As they left the stablehand to lock the gate back up, he pulled Anya towards him a bit and murmured, "Okay, so... they know you're coming but the welcome might be a bit awkward. For my aunt and cousin, especially."
PM>>
^
Anya Wilder
 Posted: Jun 6 2012, 08:26 PM

Wonders

Full App

"They have two houses?!" What the hell?! Why would anyone need two houses? Unless they had a lot of stuff... but still! Two damn houses when her little house was enough for bother her father and her!

"Now you're making me nervous. And that's sorta hard to do."
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Thackeray Holmwood
 Posted: Jun 6 2012, 08:27 PM

Inactive Character

Full App

"It's going to be okay. I'm here. And Uncle William will be more than welcoming," he promised. "And of course they have two houses. I don't know anyone who doesn't have at least two."
PM>>
^
Anya Wilder
 Posted: Jun 6 2012, 08:30 PM

Wonders

Full App

Even though the idea his uncle was going to be the more welcoming one, she was sort of afraid to come fast to face with the aunt and cousin. Maybe they'd look at her as nothing more then dirt on the bottom of their shoe. "Uh, yeah ya do! Me!"
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Thackeray Holmwood
 Posted: Jun 6 2012, 08:36 PM

Inactive Character

Full App

"Besides you," he said, without skipping a beat. With a big, reassuring smile, he opened the front door. Mr. Irving, Uncle William's valet, was immediately there, looking concerned for a brief moment before recognizing the boy.

Sighing with relief, he shook his head. "Thackeray, you gave me a fright in that outfit."

Grinning unrepentantly, Thackeray shoved Anya forward. "Mr. Irving, this is Anya Wilder. She's the one I've been staying with the past week. Anya, this is Mr. Irving. He's my uncle's valet. He's sort of in charge of the house."

The old man looked at the girl with a blink, and then smiled. "Ah, yes, Ms. Wilder! I do hope you've been taking good care of our Thackeray."
PM>>
^
Anya Wilder
 Posted: Jun 6 2012, 08:40 PM

Wonders

Full App

Anya almost fell forward and swung her arms in the air to try to regain her balance. Instead of focusing on the man in front of her, her head was tilted up towards the ceiling, looking around the room. "Uh huh... the best care...." This had to be the biggest building she had ever been in in her life!!

"Um," she looked at the man in front of her, "call me Anya."
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Thackeray Holmwood
 Posted: Jun 6 2012, 08:43 PM

Inactive Character

Full App

Mr. Irving looked at Thackeray a moment, then nodded. "Anya, dear. You must be freezing. Please come inside, and I will get the Master and the Lady of the house. Let me show you to the drawing room."

"We know where it is, Mr. Irving. Go get Uncle William and Aunt Jocelyn. And Cassandra, if she's not in a mood. I'll show Anya to the drawing room," Thackeray offered. After a brief hesitation, Mr. Irving nodded, and Thackery turned to direct Anya down a hallway.
PM>>
^
Anya Wilder
 Posted: Jun 6 2012, 08:47 PM

Wonders

Full App

Anya gave a bit of a nod. Yes, it was cold, but she was used to being out in it a lot. But, she stepped in anyway, finding the house was a lot warmer then she thought it would have been. For such a big place, she thought it would be drafty and rather cold. "Drawing room? Is that a place where you draw?"
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Thackeray Holmwood
 Posted: Jun 6 2012, 08:49 PM

Inactive Character

Full App

He laughed. "No. It's short for 'withdrawing' room. It's just a place for privacy and for guests to be entertained." The hallways twisted around a bit before he came to a stop in front of a door, and opened it up.

It was an elegant room, carefully designed and furnished.
PM>>
^
Anya Wilder
 Posted: Jun 6 2012, 08:52 PM

Wonders

Full App

Anya followed like a lost puppy, looking around as she did so. Yup, she was going to get lost trying to find her way around here. Maybe she should take a piece of bread with her and drop crumbs if she needed to find her way back. She nearly ran into the back of Thack when he stopped.

When she stepped into the room, her jaw dropped open. "This place is bigger then my house! Bigger then two of my houses!"
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Thackeray Holmwood
 Posted: Jun 6 2012, 08:53 PM

Inactive Character

Full App

He urged her in. "Yes, I know." The fire was already going, and he gestured towards the couch in front of it.
PM>>
^
Anya Wilder
 Posted: Jun 6 2012, 08:57 PM

Wonders

Full App

Anya ignored the gesture and just want to look at things on the walls and on shelves. She even reached out to pick up a few things, moving them over in her hands. "This stuff is worth a pretty penny."
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Thackeray Holmwood
 Posted: Jun 6 2012, 08:57 PM

Inactive Character

Full App

He watched her, then shrugged. "Yes, it is."
PM>>
^
Anya Wilder
 Posted: Jun 6 2012, 08:59 PM

Wonders

Full App

She placed the object back down and continued along the room, looking at anything she found interesting before she went over to the couch and plopped down on it. She grinned and bounced up and down slightly on the seat. "This would make a good bed."
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Options Pages: (11) 1 2 3 ... Last »  New Reply  New Topic  New Poll 

CBOX