Can't find the cbox? Your screen's too small,
so we've put it at the bottom!
Pages: (11) 1 2 3 4 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )  New Reply  New Topic  New Poll 

Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet, Anya
Thackeray Holmwood
 Posted: Jun 6 2012, 09:02 PM

Inactive Character

Full App
Played by: N/A

Thackeray made a face, but said, "Considering your floor, sure. But you won't be sleeping on the couch."

The door opened, and Mr. Irving stepped in. "The Master and Lady, young Thackeray." He stepped out of the way, and his aunt and uncle entered. William was tall and robust, with fiery red hair that went every which way. Jocelyn was statuesque, still beautiful even at her age, blonde and green-eyed.

"Thackeray, my boy! So glad to see you. I've certainly missed your face this past week!" William exploded, rushing forward to wrap his arms around his nephew. His eyes were immediately drawn to the girl. "And this must be her!"

He released Thackeray and swept towards her, grabbing her hand and shaking it. "Well met, my girl, well met! I'm William, and this is my wife Jocelyn--" The blonde woman gave a taut smile and nodded at the young girl. "What a pleasure to have you here! This will be the most fun we'll see all winter, I can already tell."
PM>>
^
Anya Wilder
 Posted: Jun 6 2012, 09:09 PM

Wonders

Full App
Played by: Jenn

Anya jumped slightly at the sound of the door and got to her feet, turning to see who had come into the room. Based on first impressions, the man, Anya could tell, that she'd get along with rather well. He seemed to be very enthusiastic that she was there. As for the woman, well, the jury was still out on that one. The woman could turn out to be either very lovely or a down right bitch.

She felt her whole body moving as he shook her hand but she grinned at him anyway, "I'm sure it'll be the warmest I've been all winter. And the fullest!"
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Thackeray Holmwood
 Posted: Jun 6 2012, 09:12 PM

Inactive Character

Full App

William burst out laughing. "Oh, she's a funny one, Thackeray!"

Thackeray smiled. "Uncle William, Aunt Jocelyn, this is Anya."

Jocelyn stepped forward. She seemed still uncertain about this, but determined to be polite. "It's a pleasure to have you in our home, Anya. I have one of the guest rooms set up for you, and I've gotten Cassandra to agree to share her clothes."

"You did? That's amazing," Thackeray noted, in a dry but amused tone.

"It wasn't easy," Jocelyn admitted.
PM>>
^
Anya Wilder
 Posted: Jun 6 2012, 09:14 PM

Wonders

Full App

Anya gave the woman a smile and a small nod. So far, so good. She wasn't out on her ass just yet. But at the mention of clothes, Anya raised her eyebrows. "I thought I was just going to wear what I have on. They are kinda fancy, yeah?" She looked at Thack, then to his aunt and uncle. It did cost her just about five dollars.
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Thackeray Holmwood
 Posted: Jun 6 2012, 09:15 PM

Inactive Character

Full App

Jocelyn's eyes widened in alarm as she took in Anya's outfit. Sensing a bad turn to the conversation, Thackeray quickly interjected, "It's all part of the experience, Anya. You've got to wear the clothes we wear."
PM>>
^
Anya Wilder
 Posted: Jun 6 2012, 09:19 PM

Wonders

Full App

After a moment or two of considering what Thackeray had said, she gave a small nod. She supposed she wouldn't be doing anything to get whatever dress she was offered to wear, dirty. "Okay, okay."
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Thackeray Holmwood
 Posted: Jun 6 2012, 09:21 PM

Inactive Character

Full App

Jocelyn relaxed, and William turned. "Where is Cassandra?"
PM>>
^
Cassandra Holmwood
 Posted: Jun 6 2012, 09:23 PM

Inactive Character

Full App

"Here."

Cassandra stood in the doorway. She was wearing a green dress, her eyes half-lidded as she took in the scene. "Glad you're through with your nonsense, Thackeray. After New Year's, I was worried they'd find you drowned in the canal," she said, in a flat, apathetic tone.

Thackeray grinned at her. "You missed me," he accused, and his grin widened at her derisive snort. "Cassandra, this is Anya."

"Yes, I heard."
PM>>
^
Anya Wilder
 Posted: Jun 6 2012, 09:25 PM

Wonders

Full App

Anya looked at the door way where she saw a very pretty girl. With the attitude she was throwing off, Anya was sure it was going to be a long week if she had to deal with the girl on a daily basis. "Hiya, Cassandra."
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Thackeray Holmwood
 Posted: Jun 6 2012, 09:26 PM

Inactive Character

Full App

"Hiya," Cassandra returned, raising an eyebrow.

Thackeray grabbed his cousin by the shoulders, drawing her into the little circle. "Be nice," he chided, softly.

"I'm always nice."
PM>>
^
Anya Wilder
 Posted: Jun 6 2012, 09:29 PM

Wonders

Full App

Anya raised both of her eyebrows at the red head and reached up to tuck some of her blond hair behind her ear. "You're very pretty. I'm sure you know it all ready."
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Thackeray Holmwood
 Posted: Jun 6 2012, 09:31 PM

Inactive Character

Full App

"Yes, I do," Cassandra replied, although she seemed a little mollified at having it pointed out. Thackeray rolled his eyes, and she pulled a face at him and jabbed him in the ribs, making him double over.

Jocelyn sighed. "You're a lady, Cassandra. Act like one."

"I will as soon as Thackeray remembers how to be civilized," she said, innocently.
PM>>
^
Anya Wilder
 Posted: Jun 6 2012, 09:32 PM

Wonders

Full App

Anya was never one to keep her opinions to herself. So there was nothing stopping her from giving Cassandra a semi-dirty look and saying, "So, since he's been with me for the past week, he's uncivilized now?"
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Thackeray Holmwood
 Posted: Jun 6 2012, 09:34 PM

Inactive Character

Full App

Cassandra dismissed the question with a flick of her fingers. "Obviously. Look at him. Thackeray, go put real clothes on," she ordered, as her cousin rubbed the spot where she'd jabbed him.

"Can I have a moment to recover?"
PM>>
^
Anya Wilder
 Posted: Jun 6 2012, 09:37 PM

Wonders

Full App

"So then that makes me uncivilized." Anya shook her head. Who knew someone so rich could be on such a high horse? "Sounds like you need a week out on the streets rather then Thack..." she mumbled, crossing her arms over her chest.
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Thackeray Holmwood
 Posted: Jun 6 2012, 09:39 PM

Inactive Character

Full App

"I'm not an idiot and would never agree to such a thing," Cassandra pointed out, testily.

William cut in, then. "Cassandra, darling, let's keep this pleasant, shall we?" he asked, a little pleadingly. "This is Thackeray's friend, and we will welcome her, won't we?"

Cassandra rolled her eyes.
PM>>
^
Anya Wilder
 Posted: Jun 6 2012, 09:41 PM

Wonders

Full App

Yup, this was going to be a loooooong week. Anya looked back to the Mister and Misses of the house and smiled, "Thank you for letting me stay with you for the week. I've never seen such a big house. I was telling Thack that it looked like it was a hospital or a boarding house because it was so big. And I like your couch. Its comfy."
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Thackeray Holmwood
 Posted: Jun 6 2012, 09:43 PM

Inactive Character

Full App

Jocelyn smiled again. "We're happy to have you, Anya. Cassandra, why don't you show her to her room and show her the wardrobe? Perhaps you can help her pick something out for dinner, tonight."

Thackeray gave Anya a reassuring look as Cassandra sighed: "Fine."
PM>>
^
Anya Wilder
 Posted: Jun 6 2012, 09:45 PM

Wonders

Full App

Anya turned to Thack, her eyes going wide, as if to say "Do I really have to be alone with this bitch?!" Giving her own sigh, she walked around the couch and stood next to Cassandra. "Lead the way."
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Cassandra Holmwood
 Posted: Jun 6 2012, 09:47 PM

Inactive Character

Full App

Cassandra turned, her skirts sweeping around her, and marched out of the room, not looking back to see if Anya was following.
PM>>
^
Anya Wilder
 Posted: Jun 6 2012, 09:50 PM

Wonders

Full App

Anya wasn't really used to following anyone. She usually found her own way by herself, but she was sorta thankful that Cassandra knew where she was going...At least, Anya hoped so. She could really be the bitch of the century and lead her to some room where no one ever went and leave her there, claiming some one would come to fetch her when it was time for dinner.

"So," she finally said, trying to think of something to say, "Cassandra.... Can I call you Cassie?"
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Cassandra Holmwood
 Posted: Jun 6 2012, 09:51 PM

Inactive Character

Full App

Cassie? "No," Cassandra gasped, making a revolted face.
PM>>
^
Anya Wilder
 Posted: Jun 6 2012, 09:56 PM

Wonders

Full App

"Damn, okay. A simple no without the face would have been enough."
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Cassandra Holmwood
 Posted: Jun 6 2012, 09:56 PM

Inactive Character

Full App

"A simple no does not encompass the horror that is 'Cassie,'" Cassandra corrected, giving a delicate shudder.
PM>>
^
Anya Wilder
 Posted: Jun 6 2012, 10:00 PM

Wonders

Full App

"You are a snobby brat, aren't you?" Anya found nothing wrong with the name Cassie. She liked Anya better then her real full name. The only person that even knew her real full name was her father. "You could have always said, no please, I'd rather you not."
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Cassandra Holmwood
 Posted: Jun 6 2012, 10:01 PM

Inactive Character

Full App

"That's part of the pleasures of coming from money, Anya. I can act however I want," she said, with a faint smirk. "And where's the fun in that?"
PM>>
^
Anya Wilder
 Posted: Jun 6 2012, 10:05 PM

Wonders

Full App

"Well guess what, any one can act how they want, regardless of how much money they have." Anya smirked and came up to walk beside her. "I guess that just goes to show that I can speak to you how ever the fuck I want to, yeah?"
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Cassandra Holmwood
 Posted: Jun 6 2012, 10:05 PM

Inactive Character

Full App

"Yes, that's what you've been doing," Cassandra agreed, not batting an eyelash at the swear. "I don't really care, so feel free."
PM>>
^
Anya Wilder
 Posted: Jun 6 2012, 10:08 PM

Wonders

Full App

"Fantastic," she said, shrugging off her coat, being careful not to drop anything out of the pockets.
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Cassandra Holmwood
 Posted: Jun 6 2012, 10:10 PM

Inactive Character

Full App

Cassandra began up the stairs. "I'll have to rearrange the dresses. Some of the colors won't work with your complexion. Thank God you're sort of pretty, in a low-class way. I'd hate to put a mutt into my clothes."
PM>>
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Options Pages: (11) 1 2 3 4 ... Last »  New Reply  New Topic  New Poll 

CBOX