so we've put it at the bottom!
   New Reply  New Topic  New Poll 

Bad Place For A Second Meeting, Pascale
Nadia Ayele
 Posted: Jul 6 2012, 01:44 PM

Humans

Full App
Played by: N/A

Nadia stuck her hands under the tap, and did her best to ignore the chatter of the two girls busy stirring the soup (French onion, from the smell). Unfortunately it didn't work too well. "I wonder how she knows her hands are clean," one of them was saying, and the other one said, "By feel, you idiot. Shut up, she can hear us." There was a snort, and the first girl said, "Please, with that hair? It's like something you'd find on a sheep." That was the point at which Nadia grabbed the next pot that needed scrubbing--perhaps with unnecessary force, but that was understandable. She couldn't exactly yell at the two girls, a) because it would lose her her job, b) because there was no arguing with people like them (her mother had called them "basic"), and c) because Nadia hated yelling, even if people deserved it.

Someone bumped her shoulder--Sarah, who did table serving, and was nice even though she was sort of clueless. "Check her out," Sarah said.

"I don't get paid for that," Nadia said, grinning. That was an old inside joke of theirs, from back when Sarah had just started. "Who?" Sarah pointed to the side, where the door to the kitchen from upstairs was. It was Pascale. Or Mars. Or Pascale. And now her heart rate had just doubled.

"She's like the visitor's bodyguard or something," Sarah whispered. "Probably got stuck down here because they're busy, I dunno, picking out doilies or something." Nadia snorted, and tore her eyes away. No staring. It was too much of a giveaway.
PM>> WWW>>
^
Pascale Lefevre
 Posted: Jul 6 2012, 02:00 PM

Inactive Character

Full App

She appeared in the kitchen, hungry but not quite at the level required to eat with the Real People upstairs. "Hello," she said, her voice soft and gentle, as it usually was, incongruous with her appearance as it was. One of the women turned to her, and she said, somewhat hesitantly, "I was instructed to seek out a meal, here. If you don't mind?"

"No. Please, sit," the cook invited. She turned. "Nadia! Can you get her something, please?"
PM>>
^
Nadia Ayele
 Posted: Jul 6 2012, 03:00 PM

Humans

Full App

Nadia almost said she was busy, but a) she wouldn't have done that anyway (job, needed to keep, etc), and b) it was Pascale (oh god)

"Yes, ma'am," she called, and put the pot down (it needed to soak, anyway, there was some kind of nasty crusty thing on the side). Nadia moved around the kitchen with the ease of long practice, putting together a sandwich. Simple--meat, lettuce, bread. She put it down on the table in front of Pascale, and then thought that maybe Pascale wouldn't like it, and then told herself that it was a perfectly good sandwich and anyway it didn't matter if Pascale didn't like. "For you, ma'am," she said.
PM>> WWW>>
^
Pascale Lefevre
 Posted: Jul 6 2012, 03:45 PM

Inactive Character

Full App

Pascale smiled. "Thanks. Hey--" Recognition entered her expression, and her smile widened. "Nice to see you, again."
PM>>
^
Nadia Ayele
 Posted: Jul 6 2012, 08:02 PM

Humans

Full App

Nadia smiled. "It's nice to see you again, too."
PM>> WWW>>
^
Pascale Lefevre
 Posted: Jul 9 2012, 03:15 AM

Inactive Character

Full App

"I thought this place seemed familiar," she said, in a faintly teasing tone. "I'm glad you got home in one piece." She took a bite of her sandwich -- a large bite. Pascale was not a delicate woman, and she did not take baby bites of her food. Nearly a quarter of the sandwich had disappeared into her mouth.
PM>>
^
Nadia Ayele
 Posted: Jul 11 2012, 09:28 PM

Humans

Full App

"So am I," said Nadia, "Are you going to want more?"
PM>> WWW>>
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Options   New Reply  New Topic  New Poll 

CBOX