Can't find the cbox? Your screen's too small,
so we've put it at the bottom!
Pages: (5) 1 2 3 4 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )  New Reply  New Topic  New Poll 

Pony-Rides, Anya + Jake
Thackeray Holmwood
 Posted: Jul 11 2012, 08:02 PM

Inactive Character

Full App
Played by: N/A

Thackeray averted his eyes again, carefully measuring his time between staring around the room and glancing at Jake to see how he was getting on. At the shirt, he smiled. "Here," he offered, stepping towards him and reaching around his back to help tie it.
PM>>
^
Jake Filster
 Posted: Jul 11 2012, 08:07 PM

Wonders

Full App
Played by: Lina

"Uh. Thanks. I guess." Gratitude came hard to him. He rarely had anything to be grateful for.
PM>>
^
Thackeray Holmwood
 Posted: Jul 11 2012, 08:08 PM

Inactive Character

Full App

He finished adjusting the shirt, and then gripped Jake by the shoulders, surveying the whole of him. "You know, it doesn't fit as badly as I'd expected."
PM>>
^
Jake Filster
 Posted: Jul 11 2012, 08:10 PM

Wonders

Full App

Jake gave him a sceptical look. "Sure. Uhm. Mind if I... ask you for a favour?"
PM>>
^
Thackeray Holmwood
 Posted: Jul 11 2012, 08:11 PM

Inactive Character

Full App

"Of course," Thackeray said, curiously.

~

A few minutes later, they returned down the hall to Cassandra's room, where she had finally finished with Anya's hair. "Hey! We're back," Thackeray declared, knocking on the door and pushing it open wider.
PM>>
^
Jake Filster
 Posted: Jul 11 2012, 08:16 PM

Wonders

Full App

Yaaay, Jake thought. He followed Thackeray in. The shirt was definitely better than the trousers. It was a good fit, though a bit tight at the shoulders, but not too tight. He could definitely move - he'd tested it out earlier in the bathroom. He'd asked Thackeray if he could go wash his face. He'd also gave his hair a bit of a scrub. That stare Thackeray's cousin gave him made him need to do that. Now his hair was dark and curling more than usual but at least he could pretend he smelled nice.
PM>>
^
Anya Wilder
 Posted: Jul 11 2012, 08:25 PM

Wonders

Full App
Played by: Jenn

Anya stood up, reaching down to adjust her corset a bit more. It fit a lot better ever since she had gotten the loan of undergarments from Liza and had given the maids a couple tips that had come straight from the young seamstress. Anya could breath and sit without pain, so that was the important part.

Getting her hair done, though, was oddly relaxing. She had never really had anyone mess with her hair in the past, just herself. She would have to see about getting a brush from the Holmwoods. Maybe, if she kept her hair free from tangles, other people would want to...

She turned to the door when the boys came back, a smile on her face seemed to vanish when she saw Jake.
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Thackeray Holmwood
 Posted: Jul 11 2012, 08:30 PM

Inactive Character

Full App

Thackeray wandered right in. Cassandra didn't look infuriated, which meant she'd finished, and Anya looked... upset, possibly? He wasn't sure. "Anya, what's wrong?"
PM>>
^
Jake Filster
 Posted: Jul 11 2012, 08:31 PM

Wonders

Full App

"She's probably abstaining from laughing," he grumbled, folding his arms to his chest. She could be such an annoying person to know, sometimes. "Come on, Wilder. Out with it. Just remember this is your fault."
PM>>
^
Anya Wilder
 Posted: Jul 11 2012, 08:36 PM

Wonders

Full App

"Nothing's wrong." That was kinda sorta true. In reality, it was taking all her will power to stay in place and not tackle him. It was bad enough that they had been caught by Thackeray, but the possibility of having Cassandra see the act, well, she'd probably never hear the end of it.

"Ya look fine, Filster." She turned away picking up the gloves. "We gonna do this?"
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Thackeray Holmwood
 Posted: Jul 11 2012, 08:38 PM

Inactive Character

Full App

"Absolutely! Cassandra, are you sure you don't want to come?" he asked, raising his eyebrows at her.

She scoffed. "As much fun as it might sound to watch the two streetrats fumble off their horses every couple of steps, I actually have plans for the afternoon. Do try and enjoy it on my behalf."

"Will do."
PM>>
^
Jake Filster
 Posted: Jul 11 2012, 08:44 PM

Wonders

Full App

His teeth grounded at the redhead's comment, but he didn't say anything. He didn't say anything - even though he really wanted to - because this shouldn't have bothered him. Not normally, anyway. God, what was it about this place?

Perhaps because everyone here was mad. Favours for everyone. Free rides. Free food.

Madness.

"After you."
PM>>
^
Thackeray Holmwood
 Posted: Jul 11 2012, 08:53 PM

Inactive Character

Full App

He ushered them both out before Anya could snap something, and said to Jake, "Would you believe that you eventually get used to her?"

Cassandra called out, "I heard that!" and then the door to her room shut.

Thackeray laughed, continuing to lead them down the stairs and to the front room. "I have cloaks for everyone, so no worries about the cold." Mr. Irving appeared with them, and Thackeray added, "Scratch that, Mr. Irving has cloaks for everyone. Thank you, Mr. Irving."

"My pleasure, Mister Thackeray." After handing two cloaks to the men, he held up Anya's to help her into it.
PM>>
^
Anya Wilder
 Posted: Jul 11 2012, 09:07 PM

Wonders

Full App

Anya followed them, at the tail end of their little line. She kept looking at the back of Jake's head. The little curls by his neck... she wanted to reach out and twirl them around her finger. She was just about to reach out and grab his arm to stop him for a moment... just a moment... But before she knew it, they were in the entry and the cloaks were being handed out.

When Mr. Irving held up her cloak, she automatically reached out for it to put it on herself.
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Jake Filster
 Posted: Jul 11 2012, 09:09 PM

Wonders

Full App

He mimicked Thackeray's motions as he put his cloak on then gave them both a sweet, pleasant - I hate you - smile.

A little tremour came over his body. Excitement? For what? A horse? Hmph.
PM>>
^
Thackeray Holmwood
 Posted: Jul 12 2012, 04:59 PM

Inactive Character

Full App

Mr. Irving insisted on putting it on her, and Thackeray put on his own cloak before leading the way outside, to the stables where three fresh mounts were waiting.
PM>>
^
Anya Wilder
 Posted: Jul 12 2012, 05:01 PM

Wonders

Full App

She'd have to have a talk with Mr. Irving later. She could put on a coat by herself. She didn't need anyone else to do it for her. When they finally made it outside, Anya let Thackeray walk a bit further ahead and reached out to grab Jake's shoulder to stop him.
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Jake Filster
 Posted: Jul 12 2012, 05:09 PM

Wonders

Full App

He turned, confused. "What?"
PM>>
^
Anya Wilder
 Posted: Jul 12 2012, 05:19 PM

Wonders

Full App

"Shh..." What she did next, she felt was very uncharacteristically like her. She leaned up and kissed him, letting her fingers tangle in the little curls on the back of his neck.
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Jake Filster
 Posted: Jul 12 2012, 05:24 PM

Wonders

Full App

Okay. He was surprised.

Don't get him wrong. He liked that, but he was surprised.

Anya, dressed like a rich girl, was kissing him. And, because Jake Filster wasn't an absolute moron, he kissed her back.

"What was that for?" he muttered as she drew away.
PM>>
^
Anya Wilder
 Posted: Jul 12 2012, 05:29 PM

Wonders

Full App

"Because I-" Why was it so hard for her to say that she missed him. It was just three little words. She was going to have to say it eventually. Why not now? "Because of... reasons. And you look kinda good in those pants." She grinned up at him, untangling her fingers from his hair.
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Jake Filster
 Posted: Jul 12 2012, 05:31 PM

Wonders

Full App

He grinned. "Well. Don't get used to them," he snorted, then held his arm out for her to take. "C'mon. Let's pretend."
PM>>
^
Anya Wilder
 Posted: Jul 12 2012, 05:35 PM

Wonders

Full App

Anya linked her arm with his, "Just as long as you don't make me skip, Mr. Filster."
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Jake Filster
 Posted: Jul 12 2012, 05:41 PM

Wonders

Full App

"Are you seriously introducing me as that?" he shot back, giving her a weird look. He sped up to join Thackeray.
PM>>
^
Anya Wilder
 Posted: Jul 12 2012, 05:46 PM

Wonders

Full App

Anya made a face and shook her head. "I don't think so. It doesn't sit right on my tongue." She moved faster along with him. She really didn't want to have Thack show how far behind they had gotten.
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Thackeray Holmwood
 Posted: Jul 12 2012, 05:48 PM

Inactive Character

Full App

Thackeray was in the stables, smoothing his hand down the neck of one of the mounts. They were all handsome horses, nothing to be ashamed of at all. When they entered, he turned with a wide smile. "There you are. Anya, I've got the mare for you. Biscuit is her name. Jake, you're on Tuck, here--" He patted the chestnut gelding. "And I'll be on Spots." The horse did not have any spots.
PM>>
^
Jake Filster
 Posted: Jul 12 2012, 05:51 PM

Wonders

Full App

"Eponymous," Jake deadpanned at the introduction of Thackeray's horse. He didn't falter, though. He went straight for his animal and looked at it curiously. He'd seen horses before. He'd been near horses before.

He knew horses.

Didn't he?
PM>>
^
Thackeray Holmwood
 Posted: Jul 12 2012, 05:52 PM

Inactive Character

Full App

Okay, he was shocked that Jake knew that word, but he wasn't rude enough to say so. "I'll say. There's a mounting block near the entrance; sorry, all the stablehands have half a day off, today."
PM>>
^
Anya Wilder
 Posted: Jul 12 2012, 05:58 PM

Wonders

Full App

It didn't really surprise Anya that Jake knew these sorts of words. He could read after all. He probably had a vast knowledge of words. While she, on the other hand... well, she was stupid in that department. She walked up to the horse that she was told was going to be hers for the day and reached out to give it an awkward pat on the neck. Maybe this wasn't going to be so bad. She could do this.

Her eyes went to the horse's back. "Hey, um... my sattle looks fucked up."
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Jake Filster
 Posted: Jul 12 2012, 06:05 PM

Wonders

Full App

He wasn't sure if he was sure what he was doing. But he went to the side of Tuck and patted his neck, studying the horse carefully. The smell reminded him of something, but it was hard to make it out. Every time he thought about it, it slipped away.
PM>>
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Options Pages: (5) 1 2 3 4 ... Last »  New Reply  New Topic  New Poll 

CBOX