Can't find the cbox? Your screen's too small,
so we've put it at the bottom!
Pages: (5) 1 2 3 4 5  ( Go to first unread post )  New Reply  New Topic  New Poll 

Pony-Rides, Anya + Jake
Thackeray Holmwood
 Posted: Jul 12 2012, 06:07 PM

Inactive Character

Full App
Played by: N/A

"It's a side-saddle, Anya. Here, I can help you up," he offered, moving around to her horse. "See, you sit on it sideways so that... well. You sit on it sideways."
PM>>
^
Jake Filster
 Posted: Jul 12 2012, 06:08 PM

Wonders

Full App
Played by: Lina

"It's because you have a skirt, rather than trousers," Jake informed her, absent-mindedly. He was still studying the horse.
PM>>
^
Anya Wilder
 Posted: Jul 12 2012, 06:26 PM

Wonders

Full App
Played by: Jenn

"How the hell am I supposed to stay on? Plus, I don't see what a skirt's gotta do with anything..." Maybe she was looking for excuses not to ride, but really, sitting sideways on a horse with your feet just dangling didn't seem very safe.
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Thackeray Holmwood
 Posted: Jul 12 2012, 06:31 PM

Inactive Character

Full App

"You'll be fine," Thackeray reassured her. He bent down and cupped his hands together. "C'mon."
PM>>
^
Jake Filster
 Posted: Jul 12 2012, 06:41 PM

Wonders

Full App

He turned to make sure Anya was handling it alright. Jake still wasn't sure how much he was willing to trust Thackeray with.
PM>>
^
Anya Wilder
 Posted: Jul 12 2012, 06:45 PM

Wonders

Full App

Anya looked down at his cupped hands then back up at him, then up at Jake. He seemed to be doing just fine up on his horse. Almost like he was an expert. Anya, on the other hand, was not and probably would not be. Sighing, she reached up and grabbed the sattle, putting her foot in Thackeray's hand. "Why can't I just wear riding trousers?"
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Thackeray Holmwood
 Posted: Jul 12 2012, 06:48 PM

Inactive Character

Full App

"Because--" He brought his hands up, lifting her into the saddle, and remained by the horse in case she needed steadying. "You're a girl, and for this week you are being a proper girl, and that means dresses and sidesaddles."
PM>>
^
Jake Filster
 Posted: Jul 12 2012, 06:51 PM

Wonders

Full App

His arms were cuddled on the horse's neck as he sat on his saddle, watching them. Almost bored.
PM>>
^
Anya Wilder
 Posted: Jul 12 2012, 06:56 PM

Wonders

Full App

"That's not a good enough reas-ahh!" She let out a yelp, leaning forward and grabbing on to the horse's neck, but not tightly. She had a feeling that if it was tighter, she wouldn't hurt the beast at all.
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Thackeray Holmwood
 Posted: Jul 12 2012, 06:56 PM

Inactive Character

Full App

"It looks taller than it is!" he reassured her.
PM>>
^
Jake Filster
 Posted: Jul 12 2012, 06:58 PM

Wonders

Full App

"Eating our words, Wilder?" he teased, still lounging on his horse, smiling slightly. She'd said she wasn't afraid, hadn't she?
PM>>
^
Anya Wilder
 Posted: Jul 12 2012, 07:02 PM

Wonders

Full App

"Fuck off, Filster!" She had orginally thought that maybe Jake would have chickened out and she wouldn't have to do it. The bastard. Anya sat up slowly, looking down at the ground. "I'm not afraid of heights. I climbed trees taller then your house."
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Jake Filster
 Posted: Jul 12 2012, 07:04 PM

Wonders

Full App

"...and shrieked like a girl when branches cracked under you," he continued, his voice gentle, but his smile sharp.
PM>>
^
Thackeray Holmwood
 Posted: Jul 12 2012, 07:08 PM

Inactive Character

Full App

"I can't wait to see you on Biscuit when she's actually in motion," Thackeray said. Reassured that she wasn't going to fall off, he moved to his own horse and pulled himself into the saddle. "Alright, let's hit it. Just take your reigns like this, Anya --" He demonstrated, tapping them against Spots' shoulder. The horse lurched forward.
PM>>
^
Anya Wilder
 Posted: Jul 12 2012, 07:18 PM

Wonders

Full App

"I did not!" She felt the horse shift its weight slightly under her and she quickly grabbed on to the sattle. "Okay... so... I'm not particularly fond of the idea of going faster then I can walk on something more then twice my size..." She grabbed the reigns, and held tightly to them.
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Jake Filster
 Posted: Jul 12 2012, 07:20 PM

Wonders

Full App

He bid his horse forward, sitting up straight. "C'mon, Wilder. You can do it," Jake called, encouragingly. Believe it or not, he didn't want to see her fall and break her neck, funnily enough.
PM>>
^
Thackeray Holmwood
 Posted: Jul 12 2012, 07:22 PM

Inactive Character

Full App

Thackeray circled his horse around, drawing up beside her. "It's easy," he said. He held up the reigns and gave her a bit of a tutorial on how to direct the horse. "Now, get the horse moving before I slap its behind and get it moving for you," he threatened, sticking out his tongue as he led Spots into a trot around her and towards the door.
PM>>
^
Anya Wilder
 Posted: Jul 12 2012, 07:35 PM

Wonders

Full App

She breathed in deeply, counted to three, and gave the horse the cue to move forward. With a bit of a lurch, and a bit of a yelp from Anya, the horse moved forward. "Don't go fast, don't go fast," she chanted, mostly to the horse.
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Jake Filster
 Posted: Jul 12 2012, 07:37 PM

Wonders

Full App

"That's it!" he congratulated her, triumphantly. Goading her on was the only way of making her do something.
PM>>
^
Thackeray Holmwood
 Posted: Jul 12 2012, 07:38 PM

Inactive Character

Full App

Thackeray whooped, and then cantered out of the stables into the snow.
PM>>
^
Anya Wilder
 Posted: Jul 12 2012, 07:48 PM

Wonders

Full App

Anya gave a small smile at Jake, but it disappeared quickly. She kept her slow pace, not wanting to go faster then a walk.
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Jake Filster
 Posted: Jul 12 2012, 07:55 PM

Wonders

Full App

He lingered with them for a moment, then the urge completely overcame him. And he let the horse go, first into an English trot, then a canter, then a surging gallop. Only once did Jake wonder about what he was doing.
PM>>
^
Thackeray Holmwood
 Posted: Jul 12 2012, 07:57 PM

Inactive Character

Full App

Oh, not fair. Thackeray wanted to go, but he couldn't leave Anya to her own devices. "Showy bastard!" he yelled after Jake, raising a fist and shaking it.
PM>>
^
Anya Wilder
 Posted: Jul 12 2012, 08:06 PM

Wonders

Full App

Anya watched Jake with her mouth open slightly. When the hell did he learn how to do that? Unless... Unless one of his dups had learned how somewhere and there for, the original knew how? Now she just felt stupid. Anya wanted to get off the horse and go back to her room and stay there. She was embarrassed and she hated the idea of the two boys seeing it.
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Jake Filster
 Posted: Jul 12 2012, 08:08 PM

Wonders

Full App

He had no such concerns. In fact, he completely forgot he belonged to a party of three.
PM>>
^
Thackeray Holmwood
 Posted: Jul 12 2012, 08:10 PM

Inactive Character

Full App

He grinned at Anya. "Want to catch up?"
PM>>
^
Anya Wilder
 Posted: Jul 12 2012, 08:17 PM

Wonders

Full App

"If it means going as fast as he is, hell no!"
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Thackeray Holmwood
 Posted: Jul 12 2012, 08:23 PM

Inactive Character

Full App

He laughed. "Probably not a great idea sidesaddle, anyway."
PM>>
^
Jake Filster
 Posted: Jul 12 2012, 08:25 PM

Wonders

Full App

Eventually, it happened.

It started with a headache. Not just a headache - a migraine.

It almost blinded him.

Tuck slowed under Jake's bidding - a good, well-trained horse - but it was getting worse. Then he nearly jumped off in full-motion. When finally with his feet planted on the ground, he found the ground was too heavy to bear.

He remembered a woman with long blond hair and brown eyes. She was his mother.

No.

He staggered to the left, unseeing, then tripped over a stone and fell into a snowy bush.

Snow. He loved snow. His father took him riding in the snow every Christmas, after all presents were unwrapped. That last Christmas, he'd received a new horse, so the ride had been a test-ride. He'd loved that animal so much. What was its name? Chester.

What was his name?

Why didn't he know?
PM>>
^
Thackeray Holmwood
 Posted: Jul 12 2012, 08:27 PM

Inactive Character

Full App

Thackeray glanced ahead, and his smile dimmed. Eyes widening slightly, he said, eloquently, "Oh, shit." Then, he urged Spots into a gallop and took off for the boy.
PM>>
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Options Pages: (5) 1 2 3 4 5   New Reply  New Topic  New Poll 

CBOX