Can't find the cbox? Your screen's too small,
so we've put it at the bottom!
Pages: (4) 1 2 3 4  ( Go to first unread post )  New Reply  New Topic  New Poll 

Wedding Bells, (Winston/Maddy/Wyndham)
Winston Conway, Jr.
 Posted: Nov 24 2012, 03:54 PM

Humans

Full App
Played by: N/A

"I do." Winston answered without hesitation...the time for indecision was long past. He listened as the priest recited the last of the ceremony, the words blurring together into something more like the drone of an insect than speech. The part that did get through, though, was the last bit.

"You may now kiss the bride." The priest intoned with a slight nod to Winston.

Reaching forward, he gently lifted the veil, pushing it back out of the way and stepping closer to his bride. He knew she was nervous, he could feel her hand trembling in his, but this was expected of them...and that was the reason for all of this, wasn't it? So they could meet expectations?

Leaning in, he pressed a gentle and rather chaste kiss to her lips before they both turned to face those gathered in the sanctuary, their hands still joined.

"May I present, Mister and Missus Winston Edward Conway." The priest announced from behind them, while Winston blinked. It still felt odd, hearing his own name without the 'junior' attached to the end, as had been required while his father still lived.

A bit dazed by how quickly it had all happened, he turned to look at his wife to see how she was taking all of this.
PM>>
^
Madrigal 'Maddy' Conway
 Posted: Nov 24 2012, 09:39 PM

Humans

Full App

...As they have pledged themselves to meet sorrow and happiness as one family before God and this community of friends, I now pronounce them husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride....

Maddy looked up into Winston's eyes, seeing the same uncertainty there, the same confusion, but the die was cast and there was no turning back. The preacher had declared, '...to meet in sorrow and happiness as one...', and she was determined to do what she could to make this tolerable for both of them.

Then his lips met hers and it was all she could do not to run like a scared rabbit! His touch was gentle and soft, but that only added to her confusion while at the same time sending little spikes of chills through her that were not altogether unpleasant!

Gripping his hand tightly, she gave him a bit of a tug. They were expected to leave now, toward the reception, and she didn't think she could move her feet until he started first...

--------------------
user posted image
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Winston Conway, Jr.
 Posted: Nov 24 2012, 09:47 PM

Humans

Full App

He had to stifle a chuckle at the way her smaller hand tugged at his. Clearly she wanted him to lead the way, but outwardly he would never have known she was so nervous. Her composure was admirable, which he supposed was a good quality in the wife of a prominant businessman. At least he didn't have to worry about her speaking out of turn at an important dinner or some such. Knowing his father, she probably had perfect manners in any situation. It was likely one of the criteria that had led to her having been chosen, after all.

Taking her cue, he led them down the three steps to the aisle and along it, pausing to nod and smile to the various well-wishers who spoke to them on their way. Still, they were left mostly unbothered as they left the sanctuary and then the church, moving towards the carriage that had been left waiting for them. There, on the ride to his family residence for the reception, they would be truly alone for what would usually be the first time...except of course that in their case there had been one notable exception.

He waved the footman away and handed her into the carriage himself, helping her with her rather voluminous skirts before climbing in himself. The door was shut, and moments later they were in motion...and alone. He cleared his throat, not at all sure what to say now.
PM>>
^
Madrigal 'Maddy' Conway
 Posted: Nov 25 2012, 08:55 PM

Humans

Full App

Letting out a breath as the carriage began to move, Maddy sat unmoving next to the stranger she was now married to, although after a moment she reached over and took his hand, and a moment after that she started to laugh. There was no particular reason for it, besides the absurdity of the situation, and the alternative was to cry!

"Can you imagine," she gasped, "if mother had found you in my room? She would have exploded right there, and Father likely would have shot you!" She looked up at him with a sigh. "We can do this," she declared, although her doubt was still reflected in her eyes.

--------------------
user posted image
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Winston Conway, Jr.
 Posted: Nov 25 2012, 09:13 PM

Humans

Full App

"It's bad luck to shoot the groom before the wedding." He said soberly before joining her in her laughter. It was nice, feeling as if they were in agreement about something. Maybe this was a good omen.

Her sudden declaration, though, took him by surprise. He nodded, giving her hand a squeeze. "Yes, we can. And we will. And...I don't want you to feel pressured about anything, alright?"
PM>>
^
Madrigal 'Maddy' Conway
 Posted: Nov 26 2012, 09:01 PM

Humans

Full App

"Yes, of course, Mr. Conway," Maddy answered, her cheeks glowing red. "I want to be a good wife to you, but..." her voice dropped to an embarrassed whisper, "I'm not really sure what to do." Of course, she meant sexual matters, but she had never run a household, either, and while she had an inkling of how it was done, there would be a great deal of trial and error.

--------------------
user posted image
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Winston Conway, Jr.
 Posted: Nov 26 2012, 11:40 PM

Humans

Full App

"Madrigal..." He nearly winced. The name was entirely too stuffy and formal for the girl who sat next to him, but he pushed on. "First of all, please call me Winston. And second...don't worry, alright? Nothing has to happen right away."
PM>>
^
Madrigal 'Maddy' Conway
 Posted: Nov 28 2012, 02:39 AM

Humans

Full App

"Winston." She glanced at him and smiled, visibly relieved. "Thank you." For a moment, she was silent, contemplating her next question, not wanting to sound completely ignorant, but she had to know, so she finally asked, "Um, where are we going to live? No one really explained anything. I know my things were taken somewhere, but..." She shrugged.

--------------------
user posted image
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Winston Conway, Jr.
 Posted: Nov 28 2012, 12:04 PM

Humans

Full App

"You've never even seen our family home, have you?" He shook his head at the ridiculousness of it all. At least he didn't have to worry about her being disappointed. His father had liked showing off his money, and the townhouse was something of a showpiece. Not entirely to his own taste, of course, but he could change that easily enough. Maybe she would want to redecorate...that might be a nice thing for them to do together.

"We'll be there soon enough. The wedding breakfast..." He broke off as the carriage hit a bump, all but throwing the two passengers at each other. "Sorry...are you alright?" He frowned, looking towards the front of the carriage. Weren't they going a little fast?
PM>>
^
Wyndham Conway
 Posted: Nov 28 2012, 02:23 PM

Wonders

Full App
Played by: Lina

Were they? Wyndham hadn't noticed. He was a fair coach driver, though, honestly, he was better at coach-chasing than driving, if you really wanted to know. They were going in the right direction, at least. It would take considerable amounts of whiskey and several bumps to the head to make him forget that place. Thinking that, Wyndham realised he was in an auspiciously joyous mood.
PM>>
^
Madrigal 'Maddy' Conway
 Posted: Nov 28 2012, 07:45 PM

Humans

Full App

As the carriage bumped, Maddy let out a small, "EEP!" as she was tossed against Winston. When he asked if she was all right, she nodded, looking up at him with bright red cheeks. "Yes, I'm fine," she commented as she pushed away, uncertain why she was feeling so flushed. "It just adds a little excitement, right?" She offered a game smile. "I'm looking forward to seeing the estates, I just hope I can do them justice. Mother always said I have no taste when it comes to decorating. I prefer antiques to modern fashion and...."

She realized that she had been rambling and fell silent, shrugging. Most men, she had been told, didn't care for a woman who carried on over trivials, even if it was from nerves!

--------------------
user posted image
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Winston Conway, Jr.
 Posted: Nov 28 2012, 09:56 PM

Humans

Full App

"There's nothing wrong with antiques." He gave her what he hoped was a reassuring smile. "Most of the decorations are still to my father's taste, so I've no doubt you'll want to change some of it. He leaned towards the ah...ostentatious." He shrugged a shoulder, brushing the curtain aside to look out...and frowned. This was not the way to the town house, and they were in fact going quite quickly. Doing his best not to alarm his new bride, he rose off his seat a bit and pounded a fist against the carriage roof to get the driver's attention.
PM>>
^
Wyndham Conway
 Posted: Dec 2 2012, 02:22 PM

Wonders

Full App

The driver paid no notice to the knocks, but slowed the carriage a little - better not ruffle the little lady's frills too much. He needed to remember that this wasn't Nellie, or Casey or Bucky. This was Winston and his new bride. Thoughts that his surprise might not be appreciated had crossed his mind before, but he was choosing to ignore that for the time being.
PM>>
^
Madrigal 'Maddy' Conway
 Posted: Dec 2 2012, 09:35 PM

Humans

Full App

"I suppose I'll know more when I see the house." Maddy smiled, glad at least that she was familiar with functioning in a large house. "I don't want to erase him, though, and I want you to like it. I'll try to avoid too much lace...Father is always complaining that Mama has things too 'frilly'." She sighed fondly, then glanced at him. "How long has your family owned the estates?"

--------------------
user posted image
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Winston Conway, Jr.
 Posted: Dec 2 2012, 10:03 PM

Humans

Full App

Her comment about not wanting to erase his father's presence made him chuckle. If only she knew...that was half the reason he'd brought up the subject of re-decorating in the first place.

"Not long, actually. Our family has always been somewhat well off, but my father is the one who grew our fortunes to what they are now. He was also the one to expand the family holdings." Her sigh indicated that she missed her family, and he only wished he felt the same.
PM>>
^
Madrigal 'Maddy' Conway
 Posted: Dec 5 2012, 10:46 PM

Humans

Full App

"Oh, well, I guess that's good," she commented, actually a little relieved. "I mean, I'd hate to impose on tradition. But I want input from you, too." Then she took a breath, her cheeks going pink as she worked up the nerve for her next question. "Um...how do you feel about children?" After all, he'd been married once and didn't have any children from that, so maybe it was a choice?

--------------------
user posted image
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Winston Conway, Jr.
 Posted: Dec 5 2012, 11:18 PM

Humans

Full App

He opened his mouth to answer her, then paused a moment, shaking his head. "I want to be honest with you, Madrigal, but it's a...difficult subject for me. My first wife died in childbirth." He sighed, turning to look out the window. "I have always wanted children, but I don't know if I can face that kind of fear..."
PM>>
^
Madrigal 'Maddy' Conway
 Posted: Dec 9 2012, 10:58 PM

Humans

Full App

"Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't know." Reaching over, she put her hand over his and squeezed lightly. "I know it's a risk...we don't have to if you'd rather not." She had always wanted children, despite the risk, but he was her husband and she would concede to his wishes. "We'll manage, it will be all right. Of course, Mother will badger us to give her grandchildren!"

--------------------
user posted image
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Winston Conway, Jr.
 Posted: Dec 9 2012, 11:05 PM

Humans

Full App

"We can't let my fear keep us both from something we want." He said after a moment, turning his hand over to give hers a squeeze in return as he looked back at her. "We don't have to decide now."
PM>>
^
Madrigal 'Maddy' Conway
 Posted: Dec 12 2012, 11:51 PM

Humans

Full App

"All right." She glanced at him with a tint of red in her cheeks. "I'm sure it will be fine. I always wanted a family, and I'd especially like to give you a son." She'd heard the talk and knew that that was part of what this was all about, and the thought of accomplishing that sent shivers through her, and she wasn't sure if that was good or bad!

--------------------
user posted image
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Winston Conway, Jr.
 Posted: Dec 13 2012, 12:17 AM

Humans

Full App

He smiled noting the red to her cheeks, and wondered aloud. "Was that your first kiss?" He asked quietly, meeting her gaze. "Back at the church, I mean. Was that the first time you had ever kissed a man?" She was supposed to be entirely innocent, sure, but he wasn't naive enough to think that was always the case in such marriages. After all, even if he was the sort of man to want to put an end to a marriage if he found his bride to be less than virtuous, he couldn't do so without a great deal of trouble to both families.
PM>>
^
Wyndham Conway
 Posted: Dec 13 2012, 03:56 PM

Wonders

Full App

Slowly, the carriage came to a halt.

The door opened, revealing the open space of New Venice's Central Park. They were at the very edge, where the carriages could get in. Wyndham didn't want to try his luck with the local law enforcement, even though he'd managed to ingratiate himself with them quite well already.

The intent? Not very far away was the lake. It was frozen solid, of course, and with a little help...

Turning to his driver's seat, he lifted it up, bringing out a warm lady's coat and two pairs of skates. He thought long and hard about what his brother's wedding present should be, and decided this was the best option. It was uncomplicated, but elegant.

Carrying all three in his hands, he faced the door. "Mr. and Mrs. Conway. Your coat and skates."
PM>>
^
Madrigal 'Maddy' Conway
 Posted: Dec 15 2012, 03:14 PM

Humans

Full App

He smiled noting the red to her cheeks, and wondered aloud. "Was that your first kiss?" He asked quietly, meeting her gaze. "Back at the church, I mean. Was that the first time you had ever kissed a man?" She was supposed to be entirely innocent, sure, but he wasn't naive enough to think that was always the case in such marriages. After all, even if he was the sort of man to want to put an end to a marriage if he found his bride to be less than virtuous, he couldn't do so without a great deal of trouble to both families.

"Like that...yes..." She looked up at him shyly. "Well, there was Ancil, he was the son of one of Father's business partners, but we were only ten and..." she grinned, "we barely touched lips, then fretted that we would be struck by lightening!" As the carriage stopped, she heistated.

Turning to his driver's seat, he lifted it up, bringing out a warm lady's coat and two pairs of skates. He thought long and hard about what his brother's wedding present should be, and decided this was the best option. It was uncomplicated, but elegant.

Carrying all three in his hands, he faced the door. "Mr. and Mrs. Conway. Your coat and skates."

"Skates?" Puzzled, Maddy glanced at Winston, then back to Wyndham. "Skating...?" A smile spread across her face as she reached for the smaller pair. "Winston, this is perfect!" She loved skating and it was a 'safe' pastime that would be relaxing and fun. Kissing her new husband on the cheek, she murmured, "Thank you," then started to put on the skates, not realizing that this was a gift from Wyndham, who was very astute...

--------------------
user posted image
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Winston Conway, Jr.
 Posted: Dec 18 2012, 09:10 PM

Humans

Full App

He chuckled at her story, leaning just a bit closer...and frowned as the carriage began to slow at that exact moment. Stifling a sigh, he sat up again and turned to the door as it opened, only to see...Wyndham? He should have known. He opened his mouth to say something, but then his wife kissed him on the cheek, and he hesitated, glancing at his brother. Did he want Winston to take credit for this, or not?

"Here, let me help you with your skates." He said instead, kneeling on the carriage floor to help Madrigal take off her fancy wedding shoes and put on her ice skates.
PM>>
^
Madrigal 'Maddy' Conway
 Posted: Dec 28 2012, 03:12 AM

Humans

Full App

Her first inclination was to protest as he raised her skirts and got intimately close, but then she realized that, as her husband, this was allowed, and further, she was going to have to get used to the contact. "I can skate fairly well," she declared, "although I've never tried it in so many skirts." Then she grinned widely. "Of course, I can use that as an excuse if I crash! Just stay out of my way!" She laughed.

--------------------
user posted image
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Winston Conway, Jr.
 Posted: Dec 28 2012, 03:19 AM

Humans

Full App

He smiled up at her as he tightened the laces on the skates, nodding. "Alas, I've no such excuse myself. I will have to say it's because I'm out of practice, if I fall. And I will ask you to only laugh at me a little bit when I do so." Finished, he let her skirts drop back into place again and moved to take off his own boots, replacing them with the skates his brother had provided, which of course fit perfectly.

That done, he climbed down out of the carriage and reached up to hand her out, looking over to his brother as he did so with a silent 'thank you.' Wyndham was a genius at times, it seemed.
PM>>
^
Wyndham Conway
 Posted: Dec 29 2012, 11:40 AM

Wonders

Full App

Wyndham winked and bowed. "I must go." He pointed to a lone figure which had approached them. "Tobias is here to bring you back whenever you wish. I wish you a wonderful evening."

With that, he left.
PM>>
^
Madrigal 'Maddy' Conway
 Posted: Dec 31 2012, 09:34 PM

Humans

Full App

"Thank you!" Maddy called after Wyndham, then she took Winston's hand and let him help her from the carriage. "It was very kind of him to help," she commented as she hooked her arm around her husband's, leaning on him for support as they walked toward the lake. "And I think this is a wonderful idea...a good way to...well, break the ice." She grinned up at him, then squeezed his hand. "It'll work out...we'll be fine." From what she knew, he was a good man, and there was no reason to think that they couldn't make a life together.

--------------------
user posted image
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Winston Conway, Jr.
 Posted: Jan 11 2013, 12:29 AM

Humans

Full App

"Yes, I think we will." They reached the ice, and he helped to steady her as she stepped onto it, sparing a glance back after his brother before turning to join her. The surface was smooth enough, and he only wobbled a bit before catching his balance. Hopefully his brother's bright idea wasn't going to lead to him embarrassing himself.
PM>>
^
Madrigal 'Maddy' Conway
 Posted: Jan 16 2013, 03:21 PM

Humans

Full App

"Well, here goes!" Maddy smiled, gripping his arm as she steadied herself on the ice. "I haven't been skating yet this year, so I'm a bit rusty." She looked up at him with a smile but then slipped, tightening her grip on his arm. "I'll be fine!" she declared with a laugh, "and if I'm not, I'll just drag you right down with me!"

She laughed again, a bit nervously, but looked up at him with twinkling eyes. "We can do this together, right?" It would be a good beginning!

--------------------
user posted image
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Options Pages: (4) 1 2 3 4   New Reply  New Topic  New Poll 

CBOX