Can't find the cbox? Your screen's too small,
so we've put it at the bottom!
Pages: (4) 1 2 3 4  ( Go to first unread post )  New Reply  New Topic  New Poll 

Wedding Bells, (Winston/Maddy/Wyndham)
Winston Conway, Jr.
 Posted: Jan 16 2013, 03:50 PM

Humans

Full App
Played by: N/A

"Hm...that's probably the idea." His brother was often more wise than anyone gave him credit for. He looked down at his new bride, taking in her sparkling eyes and rosy cheeks, and thought that wasn't always true. If he'd left it up to Wyndham he would be alone right now, probably getting drunk...so maybe his own judgment was good enough.

"So...what other things do you like to do? I mean in your free time."
PM>>
^
Madrigal 'Maddy' Conway
 Posted: Jan 20 2013, 08:42 AM

Humans

Full App

"Oh, well, there is needlepoint and painting, and I play the spinnett and harp," Maddy answered, holding her skirts up with her free hand to avoid tripping on them. "I enjoy reading and..." And it occurred to her that she was just reciting the things that she was expected to do, was trained to do to be the quintessential 'lady', and really, that wasn't what he'd asked.

Looking up at him with a bit of blush in her cheeks, she added, "I love to go riding, but only if I'm allowed to gallop, and I like going up in airships, and even seeing how they work." Her eyes examined his, hoping he wasn't too scandalized that his new wife was interested in such unh-ladylike things! Or worse, that he would forbid her to do them at all! "I even went swimming once," she admitted, "although not exactly planned, but I quite enjoyed it."

--------------------
user posted image
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Winston Conway, Jr.
 Posted: Jan 22 2013, 07:21 PM

Humans

Full App

His eyebrows went up at that, but he smiled, glad she was being honest with him. "I confess I've no head for how such things work. I'm more of a boring numbers person." He said with a shrug of his shoulder. "But I do enjoy riding. We will have to be sure to get you a suitable mount." And one that wasn't too placid, judging by her words.

"Do tell me, though...how exactly does one go swimming, unplanned?" He smiled a bit, intrigued.
PM>>
^
Madrigal 'Maddy' Conway
 Posted: Jan 26 2013, 03:50 AM

Humans

Full App

Maddy's cheeks turned bright red as she shrugged. "I, um, was at a picnic along the river and I was preoccupied," the tint in her cheeks darken, "daydreaming of love and boys, and I walked right off the bank into the water."

Shrugging, she laughed. "I think that, had it not been for my skirts dragging me down, I might not have been in such dire straits. As it was, Papa had to fish me out, and I had to confess my folly."

--------------------
user posted image
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Winston Conway, Jr.
 Posted: Jan 26 2013, 06:18 PM

Humans

Full App

"Daydreaming isn't such a folly." He did feel a surge of guilt at her admission, though. She had dreamed, as any girl her age must, about love and romance, and now she was married to some man her parents had picked out for her.

"You must have been so disappionted." He blinked, realizing he'd said the words aloud, and cleared his throat. "I ah, I mean...it's not as if our courtship had very much romance to it. I'm sorry for that. I suppose I was so busy rebelling against my father's wishes that I didn't give us much of a chance."
PM>>
^
Madrigal 'Maddy' Conway
 Posted: Jan 29 2013, 07:59 PM

Humans

Full App

"Daydreaming isn't such a folly." He did feel a surge of guilt at her admission, though. She had dreamed, as any girl her age must, about love and romance, and now she was married to some man her parents had picked out for her.

"Really?" She looked over at him with a smile, finding reassurance that he didn't think her a silly girl.

"You must have been so disappointed." He blinked, realizing he'd said the words aloud, and cleared his throat.

"Disappointed?" Whatever did he mean by that? She turned to face him, skating slowly backward.

"I ah, I mean...it's not as if our courtship had very much romance to it. I'm sorry for that. I suppose I was so busy rebelling against my father's wishes that I didn't give us much of a chance."

"Oh...no, I'm not disappointed," she said hastily, shaking her head. "Neither of us had much time, things just happened around us, and I don't think..." Her skate caught the hem of her skirt and she started to tumble backward!

--------------------
user posted image
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Winston Conway, Jr.
 Posted: Jan 30 2013, 03:25 PM

Humans

Full App

Alarmed, he reached for her in an attempt to steady her, but instead managed to set them both off balance. With very little choice, he twisted as they fell, making sure he took the brunt of the fall and that she was mostly cushioned by him. They were close enough to the edge of the ice to land partially in the snow, which helped, but he still felt his breath leave him in a woosh as they landed.

"Are you alright?" He managed, looking up at her as she sprawled across his chest, his eyes concerned.
PM>>
^
Madrigal 'Maddy' Conway
 Posted: Feb 1 2013, 03:32 PM

Humans

Full App

Maddy grabbed onto him as he spun them around, cushioning her fall as he brought them to the ice. "I'm fine," she declared, "just a bit of a klutz. What about you?"

She looked down at him, realizing how close they were and how kind his eyes were...and also that she was sitting on his stomach. Rolling away, she sat on the ice and looked at him for a moment before she started to laugh.

--------------------
user posted image
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Winston Conway, Jr.
 Posted: Feb 2 2013, 01:28 AM

Humans

Full App

"I'm alright." He sat up, chuckling as he brushed a bit of snow off of himself before automatically reaching to do the same for her. "Nothing bruised but my dignity." Climbing to his feet, he winced and put a hand to his hip. "Well, almost." Looking amused at his own folly, he set his feet carefully before reaching down to help her up.
PM>>
^
Madrigal 'Maddy' Conway
 Posted: Feb 6 2013, 01:39 AM

Humans

Full App

With his assistance, Maddy got carefully to her feet, maintaining her grip on his arm as she smiled at him. "Fortunately, I have little dignity to worry about! But, are you certain you are all right? Maybe we should get you home and let you rest?"

Home... An interesting concept, to have home be a place she'd never seen before. But she wasn't the first woman to face such a thing, and she knew that it would be a good home, well-furnished with everything she would need. And somehow, she was less fearful after their adventure on skates!

"I could make you some tea...or maybe hot cocoa? I know that always made me feel better when I skinned my knees."

--------------------
user posted image
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Winston Conway, Jr.
 Posted: Feb 7 2013, 11:38 AM

Humans

Full App

He opened his mouth to protest that he was a grown man and didn't need to be coddled, but she looked so earnest that he simply couldn't do it. "If you're ready to go home, I would love to." He smiled slightly. "I'm sure our families are wondering where we've gotten off to by now." His mother would be in a tizzy, but then that wasn't anything new.
PM>>
^
Madrigal 'Maddy' Conway
 Posted: Feb 7 2013, 05:38 PM

Humans

Full App

"Families..." Maddy sighed, leaning on his arm. "I'd forgotten about that we were expected to make an appearance." She looked up at him, fairly certain that he wasn't any happier about it than she was. "The sooner we get that over, the sooner...well, it's over, right?" She smiled. No sense putting it off...

--------------------
user posted image
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Winston Conway, Jr.
 Posted: Feb 8 2013, 08:52 PM

Humans

Full App

"We can make the apperance as brief as you like." He gave her hand a squeeze, sympathizing. "Don't worry, alright? We're a partnership now, and if you don't want to stay around and socialize, we don't have to."
PM>>
^
Madrigal 'Maddy' Conway
 Posted: Feb 13 2013, 07:06 AM

Humans

Full App

"I do not want to shirk my responsibilities as your wife," Maddy said with a sigh, "They will be expecting us, I'd hate to ruin their plans..." As much as she just wanted to just go home and close the door then try to get her head around all of this..."I will do what I must." Then she smiled. "And when I have reached my limit I will claim a headache." That much was at least true to an extent...there was a dull ache in her head that was annoying but not debilitating.

--------------------
user posted image
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Winston Conway, Jr.
 Posted: Feb 19 2013, 03:01 PM

Humans

Full App

"Would it be just a claim?" He asked gently as they made their way back to the carriage and he helped her to sit on the step so he could get her out of her skates and back into boots. She did look tired, and he suddenly realized just how stressful this day must have been on her as well.
PM>>
^
Madrigal 'Maddy' Conway
 Posted: Feb 21 2013, 11:57 PM

Humans

Full App

"Of course," she protested, initially sliding her hands down her skirts to keep them pressed to her legs, unaccustomed to having someone so close, but then realizing that he was her husband, and more, meant her no harm. Then she sighed and shrugged. "Maybe. I am a little tired...and now that I think about it, I'm pretty hungry, too."

Looking down at him, she smiled. He was really being very kind and attentive, and she wanted to make him happy. "We'll do what we have to," she commented, "after all, we don't need to anger our parents so soon. There will be plenty of time for that!"

--------------------
user posted image
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Winston Conway, Jr.
 Posted: Feb 22 2013, 02:35 PM

Humans

Full App

"And I've got long practice." He smiled, finishing lacing up her boot and handing her into the carriage before sitting to change into his own boots, a move that put him into rather close quarters with her where she sat on the carriage seat. "You might try checking the compartment under the seats, my ah...the coach driver is quite resourceful at times." He wouldn't have put it past Wyndham to leave some food for them as well.
PM>>
^
Madrigal 'Maddy' Conway
 Posted: Feb 27 2013, 02:41 AM

Humans

Full App

"He does seem rather astute about those things." Maddy glanced at him with a smile, finding that she didn't mind having him that close. It was somehow comforting.

Leaning over, she opened the compartment under the seat across from them and smiled as she pulled out a basket. "You're right!" Straightening up, she pulled the basket onto her lap and opened it. Inside were bread, cheese, fruit and a bottle of wine, along with utensils. "So..." she glanced at Winston, "a picnic in the snow? Or here?" Either was fine by her. There was a thick blanket they could sit on outside if that was what he choose.

--------------------
user posted image
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Winston Conway, Jr.
 Posted: Feb 27 2013, 01:43 PM

Humans

Full App

"The snow might get a little...damp." He straightened again, stowing his skates beneath the seat and climbing into the carriage to sit across from her. It was rather cozy, but at least they were warm. Winter could be a brutal season, although he did enjoy it outside the city where a pretty layer of snow covered the landscape.

Reaching for the food, he sliced a bit of cheese and held it out to her. "This way we don't have to suffer through the pickled dove's tongues or whatever bizarre delicacy has been chosen for the guests." He said with a wink.
PM>>
^
Madrigal 'Maddy' Conway
 Posted: Feb 28 2013, 10:49 PM

Humans

Full App

"Thank you." Maddy smiled and chuckled as she took the cheese. "I can imagine the 'delicacies' that Mama has dreamed up, and I fear the nerves in my stomach would not agree with most of them."

She ate the cheese then asked, "What sorts of food do you prefer, or despise, so that I can set a proper meal for you?" She smiled. "I'd hate for you to dread my cooking before you even had a chance to sample it!"

--------------------
user posted image
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Winston Conway, Jr.
 Posted: Mar 1 2013, 02:03 PM

Humans

Full App

"I prefer simple fare, for the most part." He popped a piece of cheese into his mouth. "Nothing too fancy or too delicate. Things Mother considers beneath my station, for the most part. I do have a bit of a sweet tooth..." He shrugged a shoulder, offering her another piece of cheese. "What about yourself? What do you like to eat?"
PM>>
^
Madrigal 'Maddy' Conway
 Posted: Mar 2 2013, 06:23 PM

Humans

Full App

"Once we shoo them away," Maddy observed, "our mothers don't need to know what we are doing!" She laughed as she took another bite of cheese. "I will be sure to plan extravagant feasts whenever we have company, but when we are alone, it shall be simple." Then she shrugged. "I like the more exotic fruits when they are available..mangoes, bananas, and venison, but I must confess to a sweet tooth...cheesecake and anything chocolate!"

--------------------
user posted image
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Winston Conway, Jr.
 Posted: Mar 8 2013, 12:02 AM

Humans

Full App

He nodded, raising his eyebrows. "If you succeed in finding a way to 'shoo' my mother away, you'll have to tell me what it is." He seemed amused by the idea.
PM>>
^
Madrigal 'Maddy' Conway
 Posted: Mar 9 2013, 02:38 AM

Humans

Full App

"Well, of course they will expect us to..." Maddy's cheeks turned bright red as she looked down, "at least tonight, anyway, and we can use that to our advantage." She looked up at him shyly. "I know my mother is raving about grandchildren, so if they think we want to retire to..." Well, she couldn't verbalize the rest!

--------------------
user posted image
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Winston Conway, Jr.
 Posted: Mar 9 2013, 11:48 AM

Humans

Full App

"I suppose you're right." He watched her thoughtfully for a long moment, unable to keep his thoughts from drifting to what might happen that night. She seemed shy, but clearly she felt it her duty...still, he found the thought of sleeping with her for duty's sake a bit distasteful.
PM>>
^
Madrigal 'Maddy' Conway
 Posted: Mar 9 2013, 10:02 PM

Humans

Full App

Maddy's cheeks glowed even brighter at his scrutiny, and at the thought of being with him. The thought was exciting and she couldn't help but feel a flush of heat and a quickening of her pulse.

"At any rate, I'm sure we will find a way. We are a team now, after all, right?" Looking at him shyly, she smiled, then took a breath.

"Do you know how to drive the carriage?" After all, his brother had left them alone, so the discussion of what to do could be a moot point if they didn't make it home!

--------------------
user posted image
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Winston Conway, Jr.
 Posted: Mar 10 2013, 01:29 AM

Humans

Full App

"We are." He nodded, though her sudden change of subject had him blinking. "Ah yes, as a matter of fact I do. I would be happy to drive us back into town if you don't mind riding alone? I'm afraid it can't be helped."
PM>>
^
Madrigal 'Maddy' Conway
 Posted: Mar 14 2013, 04:27 PM

Humans

Full App

"It's all right, I don't mind." She looked at him shyly as she shrugged. "Or, I could use one of the robes for warmth and sit beside you? I've never had the opportunity to sit with the driver, and it seems a most exhilarating prospect, or at least a different perspective." The tint in her cheeks darkened. "That is, if it is acceptable?"

--------------------
user posted image
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Winston Conway, Jr.
 Posted: Mar 26 2013, 08:35 PM

Humans

Full App

"Of course, why not?" He smiled, turning to rummage around for a warm blanket. "I think you'll enjoy it. It will definitely be cold, though, so you will say so if you want to retire to the carriage?" He didn't want her getting sick out of some desire to prove her courage to him.
PM>>
^
Madrigal 'Maddy' Conway
 Posted: Mar 29 2013, 03:37 PM

Humans

Full App

"Of course, I promise. I do enjoy a brisk day, although I'm not overly fond of frigid cold." Maddy smiled, then looked up at the driver's seat before gathering her skirts. "So, do you think it would be easier to pull me up, or push?" Either way, it was going to be entertaining getting her up there!

--------------------
user posted image
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Options Pages: (4) 1 2 3 4   New Reply  New Topic  New Poll 

CBOX