so we've put it at the bottom!
   New Reply  New Topic  New Poll 

Gala of the Stars, Tags: Twin Giordanos, and rich peoples
Damian Wraith
 Posted: Sep 7 2014, 08:16 PM

Humans

Full App
Played by: N/A

The party was as could be expected. Extravagant, colorful, filled with all sorts of rich, flamboyant characters... What he'd do to be rid of even half of the imbeciles mulling about... especially the group trying to talk his ear off. On the plus side, he knew what their businesses were, how they gained their riches, their family's name and what it meant... unfortunately... he knew all that, over and over again as they would not cease and desist. His eyes scanned the crowd, slowly, nodding absently as he attempted to tune them out. He needed something to breathe life into the gala... not the bad playing their fancy musics, or the dancing going on in the ballroom...

The constellation made out the floor beautifully thanks to the young potter girl, whom he had also invited, with a plus one. The mansion was complete now, massive and extravagant, polished marble and glass, shining wooden surfaces, with many a nook and cranny to explore. It looked like someone rich owned it alright, and the patrons were gorgeously dressed... it sickened him to look on them. He was dressed well himself, with his long coat and slacks, a tie on a button up shirt, with his boots, indicating he preferred substance to style.

"It has been a pleasure speakin' with the lot of you," he lied after a few moments, "But I must attend to the rest of mah guests," he added, namely the door... he needed some air. There was no demons here, as far as he could tell, though he intended to get to know them better, eventually... all at once was... too much.

"We'll join you, this is too wonderful a conversation to end so soon," one man told him, causing him to inwardly sigh.

"Wondaful..." he lamented cheerfully... he was nothing if not a good actor. Heading for the door, he listened to the group drone on and on... the girls tittering vacantly at him. He was feeling decidedly miserable at the moment. He really could use someone to save him...
PM>>
^
Kailin Seil
 Posted: Sep 7 2014, 09:42 PM

Wonders

Full App

Her dress was lovely, brought from Paris just a few months ago, violets embroidered on a cream colored fabric. She'd done up her hair into gentle curls, with a net of pearls holding them in place at the back of her neck, and string of small seed pearls adorned her throat with just one white rose, made of glass, in their center. All in all, with Kailin's looks and those bright green eyes of hers, she was bound to get attention at this Gala she'd been strong armed into attending.
Attention she did Not want.

The young lady heaved another sigh, following an old contact of her father's and his wife into the Gala as they walked through the door, keeping her eyes down, gloved hands together in front of her, shy and uncomfortable.
PM>>
^
Damian Wraith
 Posted: Sep 7 2014, 09:53 PM

Humans

Full App

The group just droned on... and on... and on... he couldn't help but notice any other sound outside of the droning he was doing his level best to ignore. A sigh. His head turned to take in the sight of a gorgeous woman, smiling a bit to himself. His fingers coming up to tip his hat.

"Ah could not agree more, mah dear," he said offhandedly, the group thinking he was talking to them just chuckled. His eyes closed, shaking his head a bit. Why did the rich not come with intellect he could match? Why, too often did he have imbeciles at his door? He needed to surround himself with more intellectual individuals...
PM>>
^
Kailin Seil
 Posted: Sep 8 2014, 08:29 PM

Wonders

Full App

With a chuckle Kailin blushed prettily, moving away from the couple that'd loured her here, and stepping up next to Damian. She'd been informed who the host of the party was. It seemed he needed saving.

"Mister DeWinter. You said you'd be happy to show me the gardens." She called out to him, getting her courage up for once. All of the folks here thought she was an odd one anyway. "If I could steal him away from you all for a moment?"
PM>>
^
Thomas Sparrow
 Posted: Sep 8 2014, 08:33 PM

Humans

Full App
Played by: Jenn

Thomas had never doe well at parties. He wasn't a good conversationalist to begin with. Especially around women who were very pretty. He would stumble on his words and become a complete klutz. He especially didn't know what he was supposed to do when one would start giggling. A confused expression would grace his features as he would try to recall what exactly he said that was so funny.

Then there were those people who didn't recognize him without the grease on his face and hands. A few even commented about how nicely he cleaned up. That only brought a blush to his face and a "Thank you, ma'am" or "Thank you, sir".

Of course, Louis was absolutely furious that he wasn't allowed to come this time. He had thrown a fit, knocking things off of shelves until Thomas promised that he would bring him back some of the food. That seemed to calm the little monkey down enough for him to slip out the door.

But now, Thomas just stood there in the corner with his drink, quietly doing some people watching.
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Damian Wraith
 Posted: Sep 8 2014, 09:01 PM

Humans

Full App

Damian had found his hand, gradually sliding back to his hip, pretty sure his cover would going to be blown when he heard the voice of the woman.

"And who are you?" asked one man, Damian smiled lightly, his hand relaxing and moved away from the revolver on his hip.

"Miss Seil, so glad yo' could make it," he added, turning toward her, offering her his arm, "It would be mah honor," he added, looking back to the group, "Pardon me, but Ah did make a promise," he added. He nodded toward the greeter he had hired. "Let me know if anyone interestin' shows up, please..." he mused, moving to disperse for a bit.

"I thank ya for the rescue, mah dear... the pomposity of this room alone," he added, waving a hand through the door as he'd move to guide Kailin inside. Though his eyes fell on one person for a moment... he definately looked the part of a fish out of water. He'd bear watching...

"Except him..." he mused, shrugging lightly, "Might have a better turn out than I hoped, despite societal expectations," he added. "I am glad that you could make it, however.... who tricked ya inta comin'?" he asked her, smirking a bit. Damian was a rather perceptive sort... and remembered people... even after a single interaction. A rare thing to most socialites.
PM>>
^
Kailin Seil
 Posted: Sep 8 2014, 09:06 PM

Wonders

Full App

"Herald Hochul and his Marie did." Kailin blushed again and laughed a little behind one of her creamy colored gloves. "I'm not going to hold you to the tour, but I'd think that anyone should be afforded an out from that group." She'd moved to just slightly curtsy away from him, looking over to the poor quiet boy in the corner.

"He seems to not know many in the area. I can't say I've seen him before myself."
PM>>
^
Damian Wraith
 Posted: Sep 8 2014, 09:20 PM

Humans

Full App

Damian reached up to remove his hat, now that he was inside his own home... studying the boy.

"Those two tittering imbeciles? How'd they con you into this then?" he asked with a smirk, "And you don't have to hold me to anythin' mah dear, you've done me a service, I would gladly show you the gardens," he told her. The fact was that this party was a necessity, and he knew it. It was to welcome him into New Venice... and get to meet some future enemies, as well as find potential allies.

"Perhaps, if you'd like, we could invite him on said tour to get him away from questions and get to know him, I wonda how he got in here, for instance, Ah know I spent alot o' time sendin' out invites, an' I have a tendency to recall faces," he commented as he made his way, contemplatively, across the stars the girl had placed on the ball room floor.
PM>>
^
Graciela Giordano
 Posted: Sep 10 2014, 10:11 PM

Wonders

Full App

Gracie stared up at the huge house, self-consciously smoothing down the skirts of her ballgown. "I can't believe I let you talk me into this." She breathed, chewing nervously at her lower lip. What were they doing here? This was so far outside their lives, it was difficult even to fathom.

"Are you sure we're supposed to even be here?" She looked over at her twin sister, wringing her hands. "Really sure?"
PM>>
^
Anella Giordano
 Posted: Sep 10 2014, 10:17 PM

Humans

Full App

"Yeah Gracie, I'm sure." She made a face at the frilly skirt she was in, and moved a for once clean hand against the bodice. "We've got an invite, and the owner of the place aint half bad."

Nell linked her arm with Gracie's and led her inside, past a man who looked her up and down and sneered, and through the ballroom whose beautiful tile she'd done by hand. A quick right to another room she'd worked on let Gracie into a room of blooming orchids.
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Kailin Seil
 Posted: Sep 11 2014, 07:12 PM

Wonders

Full App

"They were friends of my father's." Kailin said with a laugh, not correcting him. "But I think perhaps I should find them again, lest they come looking for me." She'd bow out of the tour with that, smiling at the quiet boy as she turned to wander away. "You have more guests anyway."
PM>>
^
Damian Wraith
 Posted: Sep 11 2014, 07:20 PM

Humans

Full App

Damian smiled toward Kailin as she excused herself with a bow of his head.

"As you wish, mah dear, do try to enjoy yourself a little, though, hm? I'll also be honored if you'd allow me a dance later this evenin'" he added, his eyes flicking to the boy against the wall. He was about to introduce himself when he heard another voice near the entrance, smiling a bit more, moving to check on new guests for a moment.

"Well, let them in," he told the greeter, eyeing the two girls, obvious twins, up for a moment. "Miss Anella, so glad you... an' your sister? Could make it," he added, moving to take their hands one after the other, with the intent of kissing them like any gentleman to a lady, much to the chagrin of some of his guests it would seem.

"Ignore these idiots," he said with a jerk of his thumb over his shoulder. "They're jus' jealous," he stated with a smirk, "Ah am Damian de Winter, you are more 'an welcome to call me Damian, however," he offered.
PM>>
^
Graciela Giordano
 Posted: Sep 11 2014, 07:29 PM

Wonders

Full App

"It's nice to meet you." Gracie answered softly, executing her best curtsy. She was uncomfortable around men in general, let alone smooth-talking men like this one. Her mother had always warned her against them, and it was one thing she had agreed with Ma about. Men like that couldn't be trusted.
PM>>
^
Anella Giordano
 Posted: Sep 11 2014, 09:23 PM

Humans

Full App

Anella boyishly reached to shake Damian's hand instead. "I told you, you're already losing guests." She nodded to where some of the other craftsmen were walking out.

"Gracie, this is the man that hired us all for the floors." She looked up and down at the work, glad that it set well. The dress Grace had gotten her was uncomfortable, and pretty, which made it doubly uncomfortable.

PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Damian Wraith
 Posted: Sep 11 2014, 09:34 PM

Humans

Full App

"Pleasure is all mine, mah dear," he told Gracie, looking toward those walking out. "Don't worry 'bout them none, don't think I invited even half of 'em, they're here hoping to gain some favor, but that boy there, he's the one who said that loudmouth I had ta fire, the plumber... An' lay low when he came back shootin' his mouth at me... like I'd care what he thinks, I'd rather have people with some sense 'round me," he mused. He spoke loud enough to be heard as he moved to lead them inside. One man marched up to complain to him about women not knowing their places... something about the kitchen and the bedroom.

"Then why don't you lead bah example?" he asked. The man looked confused.

"I'm not a woman, though..." the man pointed out.

"Then quit whinin' like one, Ah invited 'em, she made this... you were the one complimenting the work earlier, were ya not?" he asked, "They are guests in mah house, if ya can't respect that, then get out," he added, turning back to the twins with that smile again. "C'mon, would you like a grand tour?" he asked, moving away from those leaving. He sized up the boy from before too...

"You don't look like you belong here either, Ah already like ya, care ta tag along?" he asked Thomas.
PM>>
^
Graciela Giordano
 Posted: Sep 11 2014, 10:03 PM

Wonders

Full App

"Nell, you did all of this?" Gracie looked in awe as she looked over the tiles. "This is amazing..."
PM>>
^
Thomas Sparrow
 Posted: Sep 11 2014, 10:07 PM

Humans

Full App

Thomas looked around a moment, trying to find just who the guy was talking to. When it was clear that there wasn't anyone else around except the man and the two girls who looked an awful lot a like, Thomas cleared his throat. "I-uh... Yes sir."
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Anella Giordano
 Posted: Sep 11 2014, 10:17 PM

Humans

Full App

Anella looked at her twin with a smirk. "Exactly what do you all think I do all day?" She snorted a little. "I don't manage to get as dirty as I do just sitting in the shop and being pretty you know Gracie." She laughed at the very idea, waving with three fingers in a friendly enough Hello to Thomas.

"I'm glad the tiles set right sir. It was warmer in here than we'd figured at first." She was proud enough of her handiwork, and happy to follow Damian on a real tour.
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Graciela Giordano
 Posted: Sep 12 2014, 11:37 AM

Wonders

Full App

Gracie didn't respond to her sister. She had finally caught sight of the orchids, and she was entranced. Releasing her sister's arm without even realizing it, she drifted forward, captivated by the exotic blooms. They were so beautiful, and so well cared for...she couldn't help smiling even as she reached out to gently brush her fingers over the petals of a vivid blue variety.
PM>>
^
Anella Giordano
 Posted: Sep 12 2014, 01:03 PM

Humans

Full App

Anella rolled her eyes and moved to stop Gracie from touching the flowers. Just incase she did anything strange.

"Careful Gracie. Don't go too far away from me." she'd give her a pointed look, standing next to her twin while the plants were inspected.
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Damian Wraith
 Posted: Sep 12 2014, 02:03 PM

Humans

Full App

"Oh, desist with the formalities, boy, I'm Damian, what can I call you? Walk an' talk," he added, glancing to the twins. "That goes double for you two," he added catching the 'sir' from Anella again.

"I take it ya've neva' seen your sister's work before? After watchin' her work on that, I've decided I'll want more work from her, specifically, later," he told Gracie. The air would become warmer there, thicker even the closer to the far door they got, the current room was just an ante chamber.

"Don' worry about those ones, they're not as delicate as some of the ones in the next room... though I'd warn against touchin' those," he added, moving to get the double doors for them, "Some of them are poisonous," he pointed out. The next room had a high, glass ceiling, showing stars and moon alike, the walls were glass as well, with a bench against a few of the 'windows'. All sorts of flora spanned the room, a sapling rising up in the center, it looked like it'd grow rapidly, with weeping branches. A man made lake could be seen nearby, beyond the windows.

"I do an assortment of work, includin' medicinal on some occasion, each flower, fruit, or vine in this room is functional as it is lovely," he told them. "You're drawn to them like I am," he commented, "Can't blame ya, worked hard to acquire a lot of them, some were sickly when I first laid sight on them, had to work on a functional hydroponic system," he explained. "I'm a bit of an engineer and tinkerer, ya see..." he told them.
PM>>
^
Graciela Giordano
 Posted: Sep 13 2014, 05:15 PM

Wonders

Full App

"It's really amazing." Gracie all but gushed, now entirely won over by the man she'd been wary of just minutes ago. "They're so beautiful...I think if I had plants like this I would never go anywhere, I would just want to stay home and tend them."
PM>>
^
Anella Giordano
 Posted: Sep 16 2014, 10:56 PM

Humans

Full App

"Oh we'd drag you out eventually." Anella tried to distract his sister a bit, not wanting anyone to know about Gracie's little gift.

"Come on, I told you there'd be dinner, and maybe you'll find a partner to dance with." She'd turn to Damian after a moment. "Gracie is the social one. You saw me with people while I was working here." He hadn't Quite seen her wallop one of the carpenters for speaking ill of her younger brother. But he'd most likely heard about it.
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Thomas Sparrow
 Posted: Sep 17 2014, 09:29 PM

Humans

Full App

"Thomas Sparrow, si-." Thomas snapped his mouth shut quickly before he could even finish the word.

He followed along behind them, listening to their conversation in silence. He had never been all that good at social gatherings. He didn't know how to mingle. He surely didn't know how to dance either. He had never done it.
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Damian Wraith
 Posted: Sep 18 2014, 07:47 PM

Humans

Full App

Damian watched the exchange with mild curiosity for a moment, before he turned his attention back to the boy.

"An' what do you do, Thomas? This really does not look like it would be your scene, an' that's jus' fine with me, I may be wealthy, but I haven't forgotten mah own roots, nothin' but the clothes on mah back and common sense... not all gilded, no substance..." he nodded toward the doors where they had left the crowds behind.

"Like those uptight snobs in there, I prefer the more down ta earth..." he stated. "Those who can truly appreciate real beauty..." he added, moving to gently touch the petal of one large flower. The bloom folded in on itself, leaving a tapered top, blue and vibrant, slowly fading into purple at the tip, before it reopened several moments later.

"Jus' beyon' here is mah private workshop," he told them. Though his true workshop was under their feet, he still maintained a workshop for his patents. He had to continue having an income from somewhere after all.
PM>>
^
Thomas Sparrow
 Posted: Sep 20 2014, 12:08 PM

Humans

Full App

"I'm a mechanic and tinker. I can fix just about anything. I also like to build things. Small machines, motors. Things like that." Thomas looked around at the gardens. He had never been particularly good at growing anything. He forgot to water the few plants he did have.

"I own my own workshop too. Had it for five years."
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Graciela Giordano
 Posted: Sep 21 2014, 07:09 PM

Wonders

Full App

Gracie simply nodded, suddenly reverting back to her usual shy, self-conscious self. She simply wasn't used to this much direct attention, especially not from anyone who wasn't family.
PM>>
^
Anella Giordano
 Posted: Sep 23 2014, 05:05 AM

Humans

Full App

Anella looped her arm through Gracie's and pulled her away towards where the tables of food were set up. "May as well get a good meal while we're here Grace." She didn't want to stay too long, but figured they ought to enjoy themselves while they were there.

She listened to the boy, Thomas he said his name was, as they moved away. Definitely someone who'd caught both hers, and Damian's attention.
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Damian Wraith
 Posted: Sep 24 2014, 03:07 PM

Humans

Full App

Damian's eyes practically lit up when he heard the boy mention what he did for a living.

"Flesh of mah flesh, man afta' mah own heart," he added with a grin, nodding to the girls, "Ladies, please, help yourself... scare off any of the more snobbish patrons, an' I would be readily in yo' debt," he stated. He was hoping for more of a less snooty turn out... but c'est la vie. Turning to look back at Thomas, "Though, if you ladies would like to view mah own workshop, by all means, come on by.. Thomas, mah boy, think you'd like to see what made me mah riches?" he asked him, "Cause with the right push, you'll be on the same track," he offered.
PM>>
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Options   New Reply  New Topic  New Poll 

CBOX