so we've put it at the bottom!
   New Reply  New Topic  New Poll 

An Unfortunate Happenstance, Cass, the Holmwood estate
Nadia Ayele
 Posted: Apr 10 2012, 08:51 PM

Humans

Full App
Played by: N/A

It was Nadia's first day back up in the house (she'd been in the kitchen mostly, while her bruises went away, but luckily she hadn't actually been demoted) and she was cleaning the Blue Parlour. There was lots to do, because the girl who had filled in for her was a) nice, but b) not very used to cleaning rooms, and so c) the entire room needed re-doing. At least it wasn't time to clean the carpets. Nadia didn't think her shoulders were quite ready for that yet. First order of business, the small, round table. It needed to be wiped down and polished. Luckily, the chairs weren't in any particularly bad state. They just needed brushing down and a bit of dusting.

Best get the wiping down over with first. Nadia picked up the table (wincing and biting back a curse a leg it bumped one of the still-tender bruises on her shin. This must be how Leila felt all the time.) and carried it awkwardly to the bare floor. This was going to involve soap and water, and she didn't want to risk any of that getting on the carpet. She dipped a rag into the bucket she'd left by the door, and got to work. It took about twice as long as it should have, because she had to do it over again once she'd finished the first time, and her shoulders were not very pleased with her by the time she was finished. Nadia rolled them a few times, and then balled the rag up and tossed it towards the bucket without looking.

And immediately wished she had been looking, because it hit something. Or rather, someone. Cassandra Holmwood, her employer's daughter, known to be extremely temperamental. Yeep. "I--I'm so sorry, ma'am," she said, hurrying forward as though she thought she could somehow mitigate the damage. "I didn't see you there. I'll, um, I'll clean it, if you'd like. Don't worry, it's only soap, it'll come out well enough." This was bad. This was very, very bad. She could very well be sacked over this. Nadia twisted her hands together and looked down and tried her best to seem properly contrite (because oh, she was).
PM>> WWW>>
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Options   New Reply  New Topic  New Poll 

CBOX