so we've put it at the bottom!
   New Reply  New Topic  New Poll 

Thick as Thieves, Severn
Anton King
 Posted: Nov 26 2011, 08:50 PM

Inactive Character

Full App
Played by: N/A

A black form fitting shirt, black pants, black boots, and gloves completed his uniform for tonight's activities. One of his contacts had put out the word that they'd pay good money if someone could procure a special item for him. Not even Anton, who had known and fought with the man for 20 years knew what it was he wanted, just a description. A small box with a complex looking lock and covered in runic symbols; and whether they brought the entire box, or just what was contained within, he was paying well for it. His large figure moved like a prowling cat over the rooftops of the Shadowlands, as silent as the night.

Finally when he'd found the place, he dropped to the ground between two guards standing watch; he made no noise as always, but one of the guards just so happened to turn around. A hard elbow to the nose broke it and knocked him out, his friend was a bit quicker and was pulling out a dagger while Anton's fingers were wrapping around his throat. A quick yank and he was off the ground, but his blade found a place in Anton's gut; with a snarl he slammed him into the ground, probably cracking his skull and sending him to sleep like his friend. "I've got to do this more often...I'm starting to get sloppy." He grimaced as he pulled the blade free and dropped it to the ground; his side was already closing up, and he was on a time table. He didn't have time to pick the lock, so he turned it until it broke, then he pushed open the back door and snuck inside.
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Severn
 Posted: Nov 27 2011, 05:54 PM

Inactive Character

Full App

Theft for a large amount of money? Count her in. Sev wasn’t exactly familiar with her new client, but she couldn’t argue with the cash. So, she made her way along the rooftops of this reputably notorious part of town, clad in her customary black gear, all tight leather and buckles. Hopefully, it would be an easy night.

However, in Severn’s life, there were few things that surprised her. But, this little scenario was doing a rather good job at quirking some eyebrows. She was reputable criminal, and usually wasn’t hired as a secondary measure. So, the fact that somebody else was infiltrating the same building was a little worrying. Fights over loot could often get very messy. But then again, he could be going after something completely different. So, cautiously, she had followed this unknown man for a little while.

A sparse little chuckle escaped her throat when he was stabbed. Well, not that much.... oh wait. Quizzically raising an eyebrow, Severn crept a bit closer on the adjacent rooftop, looking down at the scene. People were not supposed to walk away from a wound like that. So, quiet as a shadow, she hopped down to the open door and crept along behind this mysterious man. Out of habit, her hand went to the gun strapped to her right thigh. Still pressed into a nearby shadow, Sev spoke in a clear, if slightly accusing tone.

“Gotten lost or something?”

--------------------
user posted image
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Anton King
 Posted: Nov 27 2011, 07:32 PM

Inactive Character

Full App

As good as his tail was, she was still human as far as he knew. And he was....more. He could hear the most quiet footsteps, pick out her scent; he knew she was there. He could even smell....gunpowder; she had a firearm on her and he saw it clearly when she called him out and caused him to turn. She was shrouded in shadow, but his eyes, the golden orbs that pierced the night saw her clearly.

He stood calmly, watching her; wondering if she was here for the same reason he was. "Hmmm? No, I'm exactly where I need to be. I could ask you the same thing though." He took a few steps, ready to move should she feel the need to try and shoot him. "Let me warrant a guess; you're here for the same reason I am. A quick heist, and a hefty payday." The moonlight streaming in from the open door caused the ever present glow in his eyes to intensify as he watched her. "So....what are you planning to do now?
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Severn
 Posted: Nov 27 2011, 08:49 PM

Inactive Character

Full App

Well, he didn’t seem all the surprised by her appearance. Perhaps he was better then Sev was giving him credit for. So, deciding stealth wasn’t really the right approach, she sidestepped out into the shaft of moonlight in the door behind her. Raising her chin slightly, she surveyed with silver eyes and an amused grin for a moment. “Mhmm, but perhaps I’m with security. What makes you think I’m a thief?”

--------------------
user posted image
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Anton King
 Posted: Nov 27 2011, 09:58 PM

Inactive Character

Full App

She finally showed herself, and he could take her in fully. She didn't appear to be much, but looks were often deceiving and he wouldn't make the mistake of assuming anything. "I'd considered that very thing;" he replied to her when she mentioned that she may have been a part of the security detail. "But there is the fact that if you were, you wouldn't have revealed yourself so readily.

You also don't.....smell like them." His ears perked up suddenly and he took a big step backwards before pressing himself against the wall near another door. When the footsteps got loud enough for even her to hear, a rather large man opened the door and stepped through. A strike to the back of the neck dropped him like a sack of potatoes, and Anton caught him before he hit the floor; a man that large would have made quite a racket if he fell. Laying him gently down, he looked at her again. "You also would have warned him before I did that."
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Severn
 Posted: Nov 28 2011, 05:51 PM

Inactive Character

Full App

Narrowing her eyes, Severn was about to say something in retort when she heard the approaching footsteps. On instinct, she stepped back and melted into the shadows. With a slightly appreciative nod, she watched the stranger subdue the guard with all too much ease. After a slight interval, she stepped back into her frame of moonlight, casting a wary gaze over the man.

“Fair enough. I would have warned him.... but what do you mean, I don’t smell like them?” Quirking an eyebrow, she frowned slightly. Why exactly was this guy smelling people...

--------------------
user posted image
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Anton King
 Posted: Nov 29 2011, 03:49 AM

Inactive Character

Full App

He cocked an eyebrow at her as he drug him into a corner of the room and rearranged some furniture so he was nicely hidden; he didn't bother with a gag or restraints, as he wasn't waking up anytime soon. Standing up, he brushed himself off and looked at this intruder. "Really? You would have warned him, and risked both of us getting caught and losing the only chance to get what we both know we came here for? I highly doubt it." At this point, he was on a schedule, and every moment he spent chatting with her got him closer and closer to the deadline. Could he cross the room and knock her out before she got her gun free of the holster; more than likely.

He didn't want to risk it though, so he decided he could tell her a bit about himself. It's not like she knew his name or face clearly anyway. "What do I mean? You can't tell me you haven't noticed that my eyes are a very unusual color, and are shining too brightly to be normal in this moonlight? I know you probably saw that little skirmish at the door, how I walked off what was certainly a fatal wound? Think about it." He didn't care what she did with the fact that he was a Wonder.....he could always kill her if she made trouble for him after all. This old wolf still had all his fangs.
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Severn
 Posted: Dec 5 2011, 08:02 PM

Inactive Character

Full App

Firmly placing her hands on her hips, Severn took a moment to glare at the man. “Yes, I have noticed you’re an odd little duck,” she said in a snapping tone. There was a faint sound of leather moving as she took a step forward, out of the pool of moonlight, and cast a sidelong glance at the fallen guard.

“So, what exactly do we do from here, gov’ner?” she continued, a certain edge still tainting her tone. “Because obviously neither of us wants to leave, and... by all accounts a fight could get rather messy.”

--------------------
user posted image
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Anton King
 Posted: Dec 7 2011, 10:26 PM

Inactive Character

Full App

"Duck?" He said in a questioning tone. "Duck's definitely not the right word." He stood calmly as she moved forward, and he was watching her even as she was glancing over the guard he'd just subdued. "There's a lot of things we could do; what we end up doing depends on how sensible you are." He took a deep breath and thought things over.

"Look; a fight would definitely end up with one of us dead; especially if the other didn't want to take chances." He didn't say outloud how he would have no problem ripping her to shreds if he had to; no need to make the situation worse. "I suggest, neither of us does anything rash, and whoever gets the prize, gets the prize."
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Options   New Reply  New Topic  New Poll 

CBOX