Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )  New Reply  New Topic  New Poll 

Mambo No. 5
Constance Bell
 Posted: Sep 28 2014, 02:43 PM

Humans

Full App
Played by: Lina

"Lou?"

Connie suddenly called, having watched the monkey cross the street, almost having hit by a carriage, then almost getting trampled by a horde of newsies being chased by some policemen.

"Lou!"

She grabbed a hold of her skirts and ran out of the shop, stopping, breathless, after having caught up with the little rascal.

"Oh, Lou, what are you doing here? Where is Mr. Sparrow?"
PM>>
^
Thomas Sparrow
 Posted: Sep 28 2014, 02:57 PM

Humans

Full App
Played by: Jenn

Lou sampered along, going nowhere in particular. Thomas had been taking too long in a particular store for Lou's liking so he decided to go off on his own, possibly find a banana or two along the way.

While a little startled by the carriage, he paid little to no attention to the Newsies. All on his mind was banana. Until a voice broke in and cut the banana in half.

The red hair person was running up to him and Lou jumped with excitement, chittering away. The red hair person did not come back to see Lou in a long time and it had made him a little sad.

At the name Mr. Sparrow, Lou looked up at Connie, rather confused, giving a squeak to show that. TomTom was Mr. Sparrow. Angel-o was Mr. Sparrow too.
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Constance Bell
 Posted: Sep 28 2014, 03:04 PM

Humans

Full App

Connie broke out in a grin.

"Thomas, I mean," she told the monkey, feeling rather silly talking to a monkey in the middle of town like this, where everyone could see, though perhaps even sillier for understanding a monkey at all.

"Lou, where is Thomas?"
PM>>
^
Thomas Sparrow
 Posted: Sep 28 2014, 03:08 PM

Humans

Full App

He began chittering again, telling red hair person all about the day, up until a certain point when his little monkey brain realized that maybe red hair person couldn't understand him.

Instead, he climbed up her big puffy clothes onto her shoulder and pointed in the direction he had last left TomTom.
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Constance Bell
 Posted: Sep 28 2014, 03:13 PM

Humans

Full App

Giggling, Connie tried to help Lou on, finding sudden comfort in the little guy's weight. He was heavy, but it didn't particularly bother her.

"Well, let's see if we can find him, shall we?"

So she walked in that direction, keeping an eye out for Thomas whilst also trying not too attract too many looks. That proved to be more difficult than it sounded.
PM>>
^
Thomas Sparrow
 Posted: Sep 28 2014, 03:27 PM

Humans

Full App

Lou settled on the shoulder of red hair person, reaching up to take a look through her hair as he did so. He liked red hair person. Red hair person needed to come see Lou more. And bring banana.

Within a couple minutes, Lou let out another squeak, pointing across the street to the store he had left TomTom in.

Thomas stood by the counter near the window, rubbing the bridge of his knows. It looked as though he were in a deep discussion with the person behind it. "I understand that this is a new model for you, but I assure you, it'll run much more efficient for you in the long run. You just need to commit to learning how to use it."
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Constance Bell
 Posted: Sep 28 2014, 03:44 PM

Humans

Full App

"In there?" Connie asked, as she finally reached the other side of the street. When she spotted Thomas, she smiled and made her way into the shop, though she didn't have the heart to stop the conversation. So she put her finger to her lips as she looked at Lou, hoping he knew that little gesture. And she waited.
PM>>
^
Thomas Sparrow
 Posted: Sep 28 2014, 03:57 PM

Humans

Full App

Lou mimicked red hair person, putting a little finger up and over his mouth.

"I can come back tomorrow to show you how to set it up and get it running and keep it that way. Believe me, sir, you'll be happy you upgraded." The man on the other side of the counter gave a small, hesitant nod and held out a small envelope for Thomas to take.

"Lou." Thomas turned around towards the door. "Time to ga-" he looked up, seeing a familiar face along with Lou's. "Oh."
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Constance Bell
 Posted: Sep 28 2014, 04:02 PM

Humans

Full App

"Lost someone?" she asked, grinning brightly.
PM>>
^
Thomas Sparrow
 Posted: Sep 28 2014, 04:13 PM

Humans

Full App

Thomas stood there, staring for a moment, her smile reminding him how wonderful he thought it was. "I- uh- Did I?"
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Constance Bell
 Posted: Sep 28 2014, 04:44 PM

Humans

Full App

"Unless Lou habitually roams the streets of New Venice on his own," she completed, her hand taking Lou's as she smiled up at the monkey.
PM>>
^
Thomas Sparrow
 Posted: Sep 28 2014, 05:46 PM

Humans

Full App

Thomas' eyes snapped back up to Lou. "Louis Sparrow! How many times have I told you not to run off! I don't want you to get hurt! You're very lucky Miss Bell saw you first!"

Lou gave Thomas a monkey grin as if he was saying he wasn't sorry at all. Because he wasn't. He knew Thomas liked red hair person. Lou was just helping. And with that, he took hold of red hair person's hand, looking it over for any tasty crawly things.
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Constance Bell
 Posted: Sep 28 2014, 05:50 PM

Humans

Full App

And if Connie could have shared that thought she would have been horrified by it. Thankfully, she hadn't been blessed with such a gift.

"Listen to him, Lou. It would be very bad if you got hurt," she told the monkey sweetly.
PM>>
^
Thomas Sparrow
 Posted: Sep 28 2014, 10:07 PM

Humans

Full App

Lou gave another squeak in understanding. He couldn't help it. He had gotten bored. But now he had the red hair person. Such a strange thing. TomTom has black hair. Angel-o has black hair....

Thomas looked back at Connie, smiling. "Thank you for finding him. I don't know what I would have done if something happened to him." He looked up at Lou again. "He's my best friend."
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Constance Bell
 Posted: Sep 29 2014, 01:20 AM

Humans

Full App

She smiled subtly.

"It was no bother. Besides, he was a bit hard to miss." Among all those other monkeys of New Venice.

Her eyes wandered to the prying merchant at the counter then back to Thomas. "Maybe he got a bit bored and thought to have an adventure on his own while you were shopping."
PM>>
^
Thomas Sparrow
 Posted: Oct 1 2014, 07:35 PM

Humans

Full App

He gave her a bit of a sheepish smile. Lou was practically the only monkey in the city. Even if there was another one, he doubted that it would be running around. Sometimes Lou really thought he was a person rather then a monkey.

"Usually he's very good with waiting for me to-" Thomas glanced at the clock and groaned. "Okay, now I see why he had gotten bored. I've been in here for nearly two hours."
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Constance Bell
 Posted: Oct 2 2014, 04:27 PM

Humans

Full App

Connie giggled.

"Looks like you were mistreated, Lou. That will most certainly not..." Then she scowled. "...do."

Way to go.

"Sorry. Unintended rhyming."
PM>>
^
Thomas Sparrow
 Posted: Oct 2 2014, 04:37 PM

Humans

Full App

Thomas' blue eyes grew wide in shock at the word mistreated. He certainly hadn't meant to do that. Was that what he had done? He frowned deeply. "I didn't mean to," he said quietly, looking down at his feet. "I promise I didn't."
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Constance Bell
 Posted: Oct 3 2014, 02:30 AM

Humans

Full App

Connie blinked, her smile freezing on her face then straightening. She hadn't meant for him to be taking it literally.

"I didn't mean it like that..." she softly said, trying to smile again. She was getting the feeling this had been a bad idea. "I'm sorry if I've offended you. It was a bad joke."
PM>>
^
Thomas Sparrow
 Posted: Oct 5 2014, 07:30 AM

Humans

Full App

Lou quickly jumped of red hair person and landed on TomTom's shoulder. Tugging at TomTom's hair, Lou began chittering again, telling him that he needed to stop being an idiot around red hair person all the time. Then he took his little monkey hands and grabbed TomTom's face, still chattering away.

Thomas looked at Lou, furrowing his brow for a moment or two, then over at Constance, giving a sheepish smile. "Evidently, I must be being an idiot for him to be scolding me like this."
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Constance Bell
 Posted: Oct 11 2014, 04:49 AM

Humans

Full App

She wasn't sure how to reply to that.

"Well, I... I'm glad..." he didn't get run over by a carriage "he's here to look after you." The first thing that popped into her mind had been ignored of course on the grounds of being entirely morbid.

"I should probably leave you to your business, then."
PM>>
^
Thomas Sparrow
 Posted: Oct 11 2014, 10:24 PM

Humans

Full App

"I think my business is finished for the day. Lou has made it clear that it is time to leave." Thomas looked over to the man behind the counter. "Like I said, give it a chance. You'll see that things will be a lot better soon. If you still have troubles, I'll come by and show you how to use it again." The man gave a quick nod and walked off to the corner of the shop grumbling.

Thomas' cheeks burned with a blush under a smudge of grease. "I should thank you properly for looking after Lou."
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Constance Bell
 Posted: Oct 12 2014, 09:56 AM

Humans

Full App

"Oh, really, there's no need. I barely did anything," she protested, looking away.
PM>>
^
Thomas Sparrow
 Posted: Oct 12 2014, 05:59 PM

Humans

Full App

Thomas scratched the back of his head as Lou jumped from his shoulder, back onto Constance's. "I was going to see if you wanted a peppermint stick or some lemon drops or something..."
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Constance Bell
 Posted: Oct 16 2014, 12:27 PM

Humans

Full App

She steadied herself as Lou's body collided with hers. It sounds easier than it actually was, considering that the young lady was wearing high heels at the time, as the latest fashion dictated.

At Thomas' invitation she smiled. "At Joseph's?"

She had long suspected that those two had a something going on and she didn't particularly like the idea if being a third wheel to their joy, especially since she still found it a bit awkward. She'd known about Joseph's homosexuality for a long time, but it was one thing to know of something and quite another to experience it first-hand.
PM>>
^
Thomas Sparrow
 Posted: Oct 16 2014, 12:59 PM

Humans

Full App

He was oblivious to that fact about Joseph. The sweet shop owner was one of the very few friends Thomas had. Joseph brought Thomas books and different small mechanical contraptions to look over. Thomas never thought of it as anything more then just friends getting together every once in a while for a meal and to catch up.

Thomas, on the other hand, fancied a certain red-head but he was far too timid and shy to say anything to her. His fear of rejection (and her father and the fact that she had said no all ready to him taking her out for a meal) kept his mouth closed on the subject.

"If that's okay? He does have some of the best sweets in the city."
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Constance Bell
 Posted: Oct 16 2014, 04:35 PM

Humans

Full App

"That sounds great. I'm quite partial to the raspberry swirls," Connie commented, wincing slightly as Lou pulled at a strand of her hair a little too emphatically.
PM>>
^
Thomas Sparrow
 Posted: Oct 16 2014, 05:01 PM

Humans

Full App

Thomas grinned at her, but it was cut short once he had seen the wince. "Lou, please be mindful that not everyone has a hard head like I do, okay?"

Quickly, he stepped around her to pull open the door. If his mother had taught him anything, it was to be polite. Open doors for girls and let the walk in first. Pull out the chairs for them. Let them be seated before you even take your seat. "I am happy to get you raspberry swirls then."
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Constance Bell
 Posted: Oct 22 2014, 05:10 PM

Humans

Full App

Constance smiled, a gentle hand caressing Lou's back. She was not ready to be angry at the little critter for anything. He was too cute.

"And what will you get?" she inquired, stepping through the doorway and back into the cold winter air. She managed to slip her gloves back on as she did so.
PM>>
^
Thomas Sparrow
 Posted: Oct 26 2014, 08:34 PM

Humans

Full App

Once they were back outside, Thomas brought is own gloves out of his pocket. "Starlight peppermints. My mother used to give them to me when I was little."
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Options Pages: (2) 1 2   New Reply  New Topic  New Poll 

CBOX