so we've put it at the bottom!
Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )  New Reply  New Topic  New Poll 

Paper Faces on Parade, Julius
Francis and Zoe Tellerman
 Posted: May 30 2012, 02:17 PM

Wonders

Full App
Played by: N/A

Francis look away, towards where the Host was mingling with some guests. "Yes, a perfect impression, if your not a maid. I've heard stories about his... lets call them indiscretions." He took a sip of his wine. It was smooth, slightly sweet. "I'm only here because I want to make sure none of the guests vomit in the Ming vases and such. Antiques can be fragile, and weak to... lets say bodily fluids."

He was disgusted by the man, and quite frankly couldn't stand to be in his company for more than a few seconds. He was pompous and self-loving, selfish, and complete trash, if anyone could get past his money and contacts. Francis had made him pay nearly three times as much as he would anyone else. Money was money, and the museum could use all of it as it could get, so he swallowed his pride and let the man have his party.
PM>>
^
Julius Lyca
 Posted: May 31 2012, 05:14 AM

Humans

Full App

"A maid? oh no my good sir, now you have me extremely interested, perhaps after we sate our appetites here we can meander off and you can regale me with a few of these tales without the risk of being over heard." Taking another sip on his brandy and taking a few more bites out of some sandwiches. "Tis been awhile since I've heard some good tales of anyone whose supposed to be proper,"
PM>>
^
 Posted: Jun 4 2012, 03:41 AM

Wonders

Full App

Francis sipped his wine slowly, thinking about that man. Despicable. He had never, nor would he ever, force himself on someone lesser than him, threatening them with unemployment if they did not get on their knees and... Francis stopped his train of thought there, or his appetite would be gone very very soon.

"I never did care for those who are suppose to be proper, none ever are. I prefer intellectual endeavors to consorting with those who pretend to be so upright, when they are sometimes worse than what you find in the slums." He took his last sip of wine, setting down the nearly empty glass on the table next to him.
PM>>
^
Julius Lyca
 Posted: Jun 5 2012, 01:57 AM

Humans

Full App

Nodding in understanding, he'd had a squad member like that once...Once. You did not abuse those you swore to protect. There were lines Men did not cross, but creatures like this host and old Bernard, were not men...they weren't even human beings as far as we was concerned. "Strange...the Brandy soured all of sudden,"
PM>>
^
 Posted: Jun 5 2012, 09:07 PM

Wonders

Full App

Francis tasted his lips again. "Indeed, the food seems to have rapidly rotted it self." He set down the plate of what ever he had left on it. His appetite had run faster than one would from the Kesky Beast. The thought of men that could take the care of one and turn it into something to fear day after day after day. The host was lucky that Zoe didn't know that. She would have socked the man right in the face, should she get the chance.

He leaned back in his chair and sighed. "Yes, shame such a man would rent out my museum, but donations are donations, and I must remain civil, if anything." Or so father says. He thought. His father was always looking out for what was best for the family. The family, and his business. The man who forces maids just happened to be his father's client.
PM>>
^
Julius Lyca
 Posted: Jun 6 2012, 05:31 AM

Humans

Full App

"Indeed, Civility is a must...or so I keep getting told by my family, especially my mother, apparently it's bad manners to honest in a world that tells you to do so and yet you're not allowed to speak your mind...it is madness, that's why I like to travel, as foreigner I get a degree of leniency with my bold tongue that I would not be afforded anywhere I laid my head down for too long," Setting the food and brandy down.

"It is a shame such men are allowed to continue on in life when they destroy others, and because they have some form of power they are left alone to pursue the vices that a less important creature would be hung for,"
PM>>
^
 Posted: Jun 7 2012, 12:13 AM

Wonders

Full App

Francis nodded in agreement. "Bad manners towards the badly mannered is quite a wrong in polite society. We are suppose to put on a good face, greet the person with civility, and then gossip like hens behind the man's back." It was deplorable. Francis had great respect for Zoe in that regard, she never held anything back from anyone. Because he was the firstborn, technically, and father counted on him to put on a good impression about the family.

Francis gave a small laugh to the man's comment. "Aye, you foreigners are lucky in that. You get to apologize for lack of knowing the customs. In many ways you are like my sister. She takes no prisoners in the social media. She always speaks her mind. I envy that ability to either pretend to not know, or to just not care what someone thinks." He looked down. "Unfortunately my father is always drilling into me that I must remain a civil mind of the two of his children."
PM>>
^
Julius Lyca
 Posted: Jun 9 2012, 05:52 PM

Humans

Full App

"It is a rough rode to walk as the only son, my father only wanted me to achieve greatness," He said as he remembered his father's lessons in the training rooms. He'd received countless bruises at his father's punches and kicks trying to learn the family art of Savate. His mouth twisting into a fond smile at the memories.

"I do suppose I got off easy by being the only child," Laughing a little at Francis's mention of his sister's social graces. "Nothing quite like someone who tosses off the constraints of 'proper' society, once you do away with whats proper and improper you can truly enjoy life to the fullest,"
PM>>
^
 Posted: Jun 13 2012, 02:02 AM

Wonders

Full App

"Greatness would be fine. He wants me to showcase for his clients. The only reason he still funds us is that the museum is a great conversation starter, and the fact that such a large place could be used for evens." He looked around, "Such as this one." This one was a low point for him. He would have denied the man venomously, if his patriarch hadn't intervened on the man's behalf. Francis had great respect for his father, who had kept the family afloat. That was the reason he still listened to the man.

Julius' comment made him think about his sister. She was a very free spirited person. Francis imagined that his father would have put a stop to that very quick, if it were that she was the older, or only, offspring. "I agree, I would do so, if this museum wouldn't fall apart without me. I had to redesign nearly every aspect of the management and layouts. Some of the night guards still get lost."
PM>>
^
Julius Lyca
 Posted: Jun 13 2012, 04:43 AM

Humans

Full App

"I wish my father had been that supporting of my choices...but I suppose shuffling aimlessly across the world isn't the greatest aspiration in the world...but cest le vie," He said as he took out his flask and took a sip off of it. "Cognac?" he offered Francis. He probably shouldn't be drinking as much as he did but it wasn't like it was bad for you. Soon he needed to get a major score here soon he was running low on all of his supplies on alcohol and cigars.
PM>>
^
 Posted: Jun 14 2012, 05:24 AM

Wonders

Full App

Francis nodded, holding out his glass he had emptied into the plant next to him. "This wine may be sour, but I suspect you keep a great stock." He would rather gargle dirty bath water opposed to drinking anything funded by the man who was hosting the party. The service may be great, but a bad host can spoil even the greatest of wines.

"Fathers try to mold us in their images." He said, leaning back, taking a sip of the offered liquid. He usually didn't drink, but anything to keep the thought of the host out of his mind. "I'm sure they had parents who acted in the similar manner, Nothing is new under the sun, as the saying goes."
PM>>
^
Julius Lyca
 Posted: Jun 19 2012, 05:07 AM

Humans

Full App

Nodding in agreement, his father would've been happier if he'd avoided the criminal pursuits and had become something a bit more respectable in his life. "All fathers just want the best for their sons...and since they all see themselves as the best it only follows logic that they'd try and force that upon each of us,"

Taking the flask back and grabbing another sip off of it "Mmmmm nothing like a good Cognac...one thing the British have done right," Enjoying the delicious burn before offering it back up to him.
PM>>
^
 Posted: Jun 23 2012, 05:04 AM

Wonders

Full App

Francis just had to laugh. "As a rule, fathers must be pompous and self-serving, it seems." He took a drink of the provided cognac. It came down smooth. Burning, but smooth. "If so, then my father must be their leader." It seemed true. His father was always finding ways he could advocate the bank, or ways to draw in new and rich clientele. Being a Curator was Francis' only means of rebellion. That wasn't the real reason he was his profession, but it was an added bonus.

"Ah, the British, jolly olde England. The cognac may be great, but I have to say England had one of the largest empires, if not the largest, in the world. No offense to the french, but they were not nearly as expansive as the English were, and still are."
PM>>
^
Julius Lyca
 Posted: Jul 16 2012, 04:50 PM

Humans

Full App

((I am soooo sorry I missed this, I thought you hadn't replied >.< my apologies man))

Nodding as they drank. "No offense taken, unlike the English, the French have no need to compensate for anything by having a large empire, our meager holdings are more than sufficient and also we have no need to force our food upon the world...the world craves it as is,"

Chuckling a little at that. "Though I must admit you American's have definitely acquitted yourselves well in the world in such a short time, most impressive, I expect great things of your country in the future,"
PM>>
^
 Posted: Jul 16 2012, 10:31 PM

Wonders

Full App

((your an awful, awful person))

Francis gave a laugh, "I should hope so. We need something to be proud of, a great history for our descendants." He hoped his museum would someday have an exhibit of his own country to call his own. He hoped it would be one of honor, and not something of shame.

"I must confess, I never had the palate for french cuisine. I guess years of having it forced upon you by the high society that so craves it, I just have an adverse reaction to an acquired taste." It was true, he couldn't stand it anymore. He are it because it was rude to deny a host's food, but he often had to eat something else as soon as the party was over, hoping to get the taste out of his mouth.
PM>>
^
Julius Lyca
 Posted: Jul 29 2012, 11:55 AM

Humans

Full App

((OOC I swear I'm not doing this on purpose >.<, i got Diablo 3 and it just consumes the soul))

Shaking his head at the notion of French Cuisine. "My heart it will always love France...but my stomach lies with the Orient as far as food goes...ahhh they are masters of food in my humble opinion, it is a great shame I cannot find more places to eat it at or to learn for my own enjoyment how to prepare it myself if need be,"

He had a long love for Chinese and Vietnamese food...was hard to say which one was more his favorite.
PM>>
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Options Pages: (3) 1 2 3   New Reply  New Topic  New Poll 

CBOX