so we've put it at the bottom!
   New Reply  New Topic  New Poll 

City of Devils, OPEN
Levi Dashen
 Posted: Sep 9 2014, 04:43 PM

Wonders

Full App
Played by: N/A

"Get back here!" Levi just ran faster when he heard the butcher's oldest son yelling closer behind him. They'd already beaten him up soundly, ripped his jacket... he could feel blood oozing from his ear as he ran, the wind drying it, making it a frozen sort of sticky that had his stomach turning just a bit.

The next left meant jumping... or in Levi's case tumbling, over a crate just tossed in the street, but he picked himself up and kept running until he was just too out of breath to go any further, collapsing against a building in a corner and huddling down as far as he could behind the jacket, praying to not be found.

Little did he know, he'd run into an area of the city that his bullies wouldn't touch, they'd frozen when he made that last left, looking around for him for a half a second, before just going home. "Probly wake up dead anyway out there." one told his siblings
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Corbin Ferris
 Posted: Sep 9 2014, 07:38 PM

Wonders

Full App

Idiocy. That was his first thought as he finished hauling the crate into the stall. The meat was rotten, rancid even... and yet they planned on selling it?

"An honest wage for honest work," the man told him, handing him his pay, he looked at it for a moment, he had been shorted. His gaze moving back up to look at the shop keep.

"Honest? You short me what you promised-" he began.

"The meat is rotten, I'll have to sell it at a discount, I'll be out money, I buying what I pay for, nothing more," the man added.

"The meat was rotten when you tasked me with delivering it, and the fact you still plan on selling it means you're a dishonest man to begin with..." he added, ready to fight if need be, he couldn't let him sell this! Then in came the army of children... he grunted, taking a step back as one boy plowed into the crate he had just set down. "Are you-?" he began, but the boy was up and running again, he shook his head at the sounds of shouting, turning to face the boy's assailants with some questions... The children had pulled up short, however, drawing Corbin's attention to the territory the boy had entered. The Shadowlands... Last time he had gone in there he HAD died... With a stomp, Corbin smashed the crate, turning toward where the boy had gone.

"You can't-" the shop keep began.

"Now my pay is honest, a fine for your dishonesty, don't let it happen again... else I shall burn your stall to the ground," he said simply, without turning to look his way, instead, he looked toward one of the boys.

"Why are you chasing him?" he asked after a few moments.
PM>>
^
Levi Dashen
 Posted: Sep 9 2014, 07:58 PM

Wonders

Full App

He could hear people in the building behind him, maybe a restaurant of some sort, probably some not so good sort by the look of the area, but Levi was staying still, hidden in a little nook as well as he could be.

"No business of yours!" One of the kids called to the man who bothered with them, spitting in his direction as they turned around to leave. All of them were much better dressed than the boy, definitely working class but not too badly off, as compared to the kid they'd been chasing.
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Corbin Ferris
 Posted: Sep 9 2014, 08:04 PM

Wonders

Full App

Corbin watched them leave for the moment, a devilish grin slowly creeping onto his face...

"It is now, I suppose..." he mused, moving to head into the Shadowlands, he'd stop from time to time to take in his surroundings... seeing a small overturned item, or something still swinging, marking the passing of something moving fast... the wind wasn't bad enough. He'd soon take in the sight of the Firefly, pausing momentarily. Listening to the winds... Three men were motioning to something, one heading around to cut off the escape of something... while the other two heading forward... with a purpose. Corbin couldn't help but sigh, moving to follow...
PM>>
^
Levi Dashen
 Posted: Sep 9 2014, 08:28 PM

Wonders

Full App

The rip in Levi's jacket had him the most worried. It was a hand me down from Eliot, who he hadn't seen in quite some time, and it'd been his nicest piece of clothing Ever. Which is why the other kids wanted it.

Instead, when he finally looked up, it was to see how bad the damage was, not to think about the sound of people he could hear down the other side of the alley.
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Corbin Ferris
 Posted: Sep 9 2014, 08:40 PM

Wonders

Full App

Corbin walked quietly, like a wraith, as he studied the men.

"Hey there boy, haven't seen you in these parts before..." said one man.

"Wonder if he has any money," said the second. Meaning to distract him from the third, Corbin supposed, or cause him to run right into his arms. Corbin wouldn't have any of that...

"I have money," he said simply, causing the two men to spin around on him. "Why not leave the boy alone, and go on your way, there's a few dollars for each of you, or would you prefer gold? I have gold..." he told them.

"We'll take whatever you have, we got you outnumbered..." said one man.

"Greater numbers never helped anyone against greater skill when the numbers in question happen to be so small," he added, pausing to look at the boy, who'd be trapped there... he'd have to get through those two men just to get to the boy... and the third man... "Are you alright, child?" he asked the boy after a bit.
PM>>
^
Levi Dashen
 Posted: Sep 9 2014, 08:54 PM

Wonders

Full App

"Where the hell would you get the idea that I got money?" Levi asked the adults incredulously. The other man volunteering his own had him staring at him in wonder. "You're off your rocker, aren't you?" he asked, but stood very very slowly, and then Bolted towards the one who seemed to be trying to help him. Tonight was not going his way at all.
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Corbin Ferris
 Posted: Sep 9 2014, 09:05 PM

Wonders

Full App

Corbin shrugged lightly.

"Only not looking for a-" he began as one man glanced to the boy, moving to bring a meaty fist swinging at his head, Corbin's hand suddenly there, catching it before it could connect, lifting it sharply, so it struck its owner in the face, kicking out to connect with the back of the second man's knee, forcing him to the dirt. Corbin's continued to slap the first man in the face with his own hand, repeatedly for a moment, before he turned, sending him crashing over his shoulder, to land on his friend who was trying to get up. "-fight..." he finished. "Go run inside, boy, fighting is hungry work... I'll need a meal soon, how about you? My treat for these ruffians," he added, glancing up as the third man came running in... straight into a punch by Corbin, throwing all his weight into it, causing the man's feet to leave the ground and sail back about a foot before he hit the ground. "This shant take long, promise," he added.
PM>>
^
Levi Dashen
 Posted: Sep 9 2014, 09:13 PM

Wonders

Full App

'Ah!" Levi saw the man swinging for him and ducked with a grunt, stumbling himself into the wall of the building for a moment before running inside. The promise of a free dinner was great and all, but the allure of not getting his brains smashed in was a much better deal to the boy.

"Good luck!" he called to his savior as he tried to get the door open for himself, hold his jacket together, and watch out for other attackers at the same time.
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Corbin Ferris
 Posted: Sep 9 2014, 09:18 PM

Wonders

Full App

Amusement reached his features as he planted a foot on the men, nudging them over after a moment, shrugging.

"If I ha good luck, I'm sure I'd not be here... " he said simply to move inside, "He's with me..." he tell anyone before someone tried something, he wasn't sure on how they felt about children. Rubbing his knuckles for a moment, he'd make his way to a table, sitting down.

"This is a really bad place to run into, smart, but bad...." he mused, "Why were those boys chasing you?" he asked after a moment.
PM>>
^
Levi Dashen
 Posted: Sep 9 2014, 09:23 PM

Wonders

Full App

It'd taken Levi a few minutes to get the door open, and to find a place to sit in a corner so that he could try and hide again. Then the man that'd saved him sat down with him.

"Cause they want it. Its nicer than theirs." Levi grumbled, fingering a rip on the sleeve with a held back sniffle. "was nicer atleast..." Now it was dirty and torn, like everything else he had.
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Corbin Ferris
 Posted: Sep 9 2014, 09:33 PM

Wonders

Full App

Corbin nodded, as a knight he had been sworn to protect the weak. It had been his experience that the strong often preyed on the weak, thus... as a knight, he had to be stronger still.

"It is still nice, what is dirty can be clean... and a scar is oft-time worn proudly, it means something tried to destroy you, and failed..." he told him, "I can fix that if you'd like, some stitches... an easy repair, will stand out as a scar," he told him, flagging down a waitress.

"I promised the lad a meal, and I am famished," he added, ordering large enough a meal for the two of them... "Who were they?" he asked, speaking of the bullies.
PM>>
^
Levi Dashen
 Posted: Sep 9 2014, 09:43 PM

Wonders

Full App

"Some kids that don't like me any. Their pa didn't like my pa neither." Which Levi didn't understand, having been too young to remember the start of the issue with them.

"I don't want it scarred, I wanted it nice and... nevermind." he'd frown again, but there was no way he'd be turning down free food, just gently touching the torn seam as he sat there.
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
Corbin Ferris
 Posted: Sep 9 2014, 10:04 PM

Wonders

Full App

Corbin sighed softly, but nodded.

"Some boys are fools, and as they grow to be men they are no less the fool for it," he said. He'd examine the seam a bit more, then smiled softly. "It is on the seam that it tore, with some thread I can fix it, make it as good as new," he promised, "I can teach you how to do it as well, if you'd like," he offered. The boy reminded him of Corbin... the first Corbin... when his own name had been Darius. His son. He had a belt pouch on his hip, which contained a sewing kit... oddly enough it was used mostly for mending wounds... too often his own. Even with his powers, he was still prone to injury, and had to endure the same, slow, tedious healing that normal people did... unless he died. Then he was fully restored.... disconcerting as that was.

"My name is Corbin Ferris, at least now..." he said after a moment.
PM>>
^
Levi Dashen
 Posted: Sep 16 2014, 10:54 PM

Wonders

Full App

"Levi..." he wasn't pouting per say, it'd just been another one of those days where luck had Not been on his side. "Its from a friend... my coat. His sister gave it to me, when they said I could stay at their place." When he'd had a warm attic to sleep in for once. And met some nice folks.

He had enough bruises on him that when he frowned it hurt, his cheek felt awfully sore. "My dad's name was Roger."
PM>> EMAIL>>
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Options   New Reply  New Topic  New Poll 

CBOX