so we've put it at the bottom!
   New Reply  New Topic  New Poll 

This could be interesting, Pascale
Theodora Hyland
 Posted: May 29 2012, 09:59 AM

Humans

Full App
Played by: N/A

Theodora wasn't sure what to think anymore. More and more her mother had grown concerned about her safety and the fact that the growing number of wonder sightings left her mother no choice but to hire a bodyguard for her. Theodora found it odd, she had always thought that if anyone needed protection it would be Margaret or something. Margaret was the one that had more risk in being found out. She was, after all, the wonder in the family. The freak.

Nevertheless, her mother came to her telling her that she had hired some woman to be her bodyguard and much to her surprise it was a woman that Theodora secretly admired: Pascale Lefevre. She was a strong willed woman who made a living with fighting. Of course, it wasn't proper for Theodora to be watching such crude and barbaric sport, but secretly, Theodora loved watching fights.

"When will she be here?" she asked and looked at her mother. Theodora rolled her eyes noticing that her father wasn't with them in the sitting room. No doubt in the library with Margaret.

"Soon," was all Lady Georgina said before she looked at the clock by the piano. She sat stiff and still, never letting up that she had been sitting for a good hour now waiting for the woman fighter.

Theodora sighed, earning her a stern glare from her mother. She shuddered at the look her mother gave her. It was the same look whenever Lady Georgina was displeased with her or when she was not acting the way a lady would, in her mother's view anyways. Stiffening her posture as she sat beside her mother, Theodora stared at her lap and waited.

Her head shot up when she saw the butler walk into the sitting room. "Ms. Lefevre is here, should I direct her to the sitting room?" the butler asked.

Lady Georgina nodded. "Just because we're in the presence of a brute does not mean we shouldn't act like laides," her mother spoke.

Theodora rolled her eyes. Her mother acting as if she was better than everyone.
PM>>
^
Pascale Lefevre
 Posted: May 30 2012, 10:16 PM

Inactive Character

Full App

It was on the walk to the estates that Pascale finally reflected that she didn't really own a skirt, in any form. She didn't have a dress. She didn't even have a cloak she could tie around her waist. All she had were pants, because those were all she wore. She was a fighter, and she'd been in the game for a long time, now -- seeing her in a skirt would have shocked her fans, if they even recognized her.

Besides, clearly the Hylands knew what she was. They knew what she wore. Surely their expectations for her appearance couldn't be too drastically high.

As she approached the door, she raised her hand to knock, but someone was already opening it. Awkwardly, she allowed herself to be invited into what was (by and far) the nicest house she'd ever seen. The footman led her into the house, shutting the door behind her. Thankfully, he seemed courteous enough, if a bit stiff. As she followed him, Pascale, scratched the back of her neck, conscious of how short and choppy her hair was.

Tall. Broad-shouldered. Muscled. Pants. Short hair.

She would be a troll next to these women. Sighing through her nose, Pascale mentally shrugged. There wasn't anything she could do about what she was, and she'd long since given up trying ever since learning how to work with what she was.

So, she entered the sitting woman with her typical, quietly confident demeanor. The women were as she'd mentally pictured them: small and delicate, like brightly colored little birds. "Good afternoon," she said, casually. When the footman led her to one of the couches, she sat, a bit heavily. Knees widespread, she propped her elbows on each of them and strung her fingers loosely together. She spent a few seconds taking in her apparent client -- a slight, blonde little thing -- and then turned to the elder woman. "So..."

She wasn't really sure what to expect out of this meeting. She was kind of hoping the other woman would know what they were meant to discuss.
PM>>
^
Theodora Hyland
 Posted: Jun 5 2012, 09:35 AM

Humans

Full App

The moment Pascale walked into the sitting room dressed in pants and a shirt, Theodora instantly looked at her mother who had her jaw clenched. She looked at Pascale with annoyance as if she couldn't believe that this was the woman she hired to protect her daughter. Theodora instantly knew that her mother was judging the way Pascale was dressed and how she carried herself.

"Sit down," Lady Georgina muttered and pointed to a chair in front of her. She wondered if this would be a good idea. Lady Georgina was scared that this woman would influence her daughter to act more manly and to ignore her daughter's duties as a woman. "I assume you've already been briefed on why you are here?" she asked the woman.

Theodora gave her mother an annoyed look. "Mother, is it so hard to act pleasant? What happened to manners?"

Glaring at her daughter, Lady Georgina pursed her lips. She never thought that this woman was worth her manners. "My name is Lady Georgina Hyland and this is my daughter Theodora."
PM>>
^
Pascale Lefevre
 Posted: Jun 6 2012, 07:48 PM

Inactive Character

Full App

Glancing between them, it didn't take long for Pascale to pick up on the situation -- the relationship between them. A fighter was always good at reading body language. "I've had the proposition explained to me," she said, slowly. "But not the specifics. Such as duration of employment, specific times I'm on duty, and compensation."

As an afterthought, she added, eyes flicking between them: "Nice to meet you. Pascale."
PM>>
^
Theodora Hyland
 Posted: Jun 6 2012, 09:51 PM

Humans

Full App

Lady Georgina smiled, her lips becoming more thin as she did so. Theodora instantly knew that her mother wasn't all that impressed. "Well," she started, fixing her dress and brushing off the imaginary dirt. "As you may or may not know, my daughter is very important. Not only is she wealthy and set to inherit our fortune when we pass but she is also set to marry Grayson Warren. You have heard of him have you not?" Lady Georgina asked. "So that makes my daughter a very important person in New Venice."

Theodora sighed softly and closed her eyes. She hated it when her mother made her seem more important than she was, but kept her mouth shut as it wasn't ladylike to be speaking out when not being told to speak. Her mother had instilled in her at a very young age what was ladylike and what wasn't. She could barely contain her excitement though at the sight of Pascale.

"How long would you like to be employed? You'll be needed whenever my daughter steps out and as for money, it is not an issue. You will be paid however you'd like. Within reason of course," Lady Georgina spoke, her voice strict and unforgiving. "Oh and I would like to know your views on... wonders."
PM>>
^
Pascale Lefevre
 Posted: Jun 6 2012, 11:10 PM

Inactive Character

Full App

Pascale scratched her cheek as the woman spoke. "I've never heard of Grayson Warren," she admitted, baldly. And she didn't look that impressed. "I've no opinion on Wonders," she added, in a neutral tone.

"I'll stay within your employ for as long as it suits, I suppose. Twenty dollars an outing," she said, purposefully shooting a little high so that she'd have somewhere to haggle down to. "I can leave my address with someone and they can send for me, if I'm home. If I'm not home..." She shrugged.
PM>>
^
Theodora Hyland
 Posted: Jun 12 2012, 01:41 PM

Humans

Full App

Theodora tried to hide the smile creeping to her face when she saw the look on her mother's own face. Name dropping was something her mother liked to use when she wanted to impress people. Using Grayson was her mother's favourite as he was one of the most eligible bachelors and Theodora managed to snatch him.

"Are you educated?" Lady Georgina couldn't help but ask. The woman before her seemed so dense and ill-informed. Lady Georgina was satisfied though in Pascale's answer about wonders. As much as Lady Georgina wasn't fond of them, her other daughter was one.

"Twenty dollars is fine," Theodora spoke up, interrupting her mother knowing she would try and haggle. She didn't want her mother to pick on Pascale any longer. "And you can hand your address to our butler Jonathan." Theodora smiled at Pascale, standing up and offering the tall woman her hand. "It was a pleasure to meet you. It really is."
PM>>
^
Pascale Lefevre
 Posted: Jun 22 2012, 04:54 AM

Inactive Character

Full App

Educated? "No." But were they looking for a bodyguard or a teacher?

The daughter took over the conversation then, and to Pascale's surprise, agreed on the price. Blinking, she stood as Theodora did, smiling. "Pleasure's all mine. I'll be sure to leave my address with him. Thank you," she said, shaking the young woman's hand.
PM>>
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Options   New Reply  New Topic  New Poll 

CBOX