so we've put it at the bottom!
   New Reply  New Topic  New Poll 

Brothers
Wyndham Conway
 Posted: Oct 2 2012, 03:27 PM

Wonders

Full App
Played by: Lina

He was fairly certain that, despite having been disowned at a fairly young age, sneaking into his parents' house was still technically legal. Even if it wasn't Wyndham very much doubted his brother would call the police on him. Though they had their differences, the Conway siblings were still, no matter what their parents said, siblings. That didn't count for much in the world they lived in, but it mattered to them. It mattered to Winston.

Winston's office was unchanged since the last time he'd seen it, a good year ago. If anything, Wyndham had missed the books. Ah, all the books. His fingers trailed the rounded leather spines and he smiled. So many had gone unread, it was almost a tragedy, but one had great trouble finding good reading material in the desert, or the wilderness, or the remote West. One had been pressed for clothes and food and ammo. Reading material came to an unfortunate second.

The door opened and Wyndham turned, smiling subtly, cowboy hat under his arm, worth leather duster flapping around his legs, to welcome his brother.
PM>>
^
Winston Conway, Jr.
 Posted: Oct 2 2012, 03:37 PM

Humans

Full App
Played by: N/A

"Oh." Winston sighed, lowering the fireplace poker he had armed himself with on hearing sounds of a break in in his study in the middle of the night. By his dress, it was clear he had been roused directly out of bed. The tip of the poker thunked gently against the expensive rug spread across the painstakingly polished hardwood floor before he moved to lean it against the wall. Shaking his head, he moved to a small side table where a bottle of amber-colored liquid sat and removed the stopper, pouring two glasses. Setting the bottle aside, he picked them both up and turned, offering one of them to his brother.

"I suppose a welcome home is in order."
PM>>
^
Wyndham Conway
 Posted: Oct 2 2012, 03:39 PM

Wonders

Full App

He took the glass amiably and held it up for a toast. "To impeding marriages."
PM>>
^
Winston Conway, Jr.
 Posted: Oct 2 2012, 03:41 PM

Humans

Full App

"To...oh, bugger, don't remind me." Winston grumbled, clinking his glass to his brother's before downing the entire portion of very nice whiskey in one swallow. "So what is it now? Hiding from the authorities? Gotten some girl in trouble? Wanted to get your hand on some of Cook's jam tarts?"
PM>>
^
Wyndham Conway
 Posted: Oct 2 2012, 03:46 PM

Wonders

Full App

Wyndham snorted. If only.

"Not excited about your wedding, brother?" Wyndham asked after having downed his drink, too.
PM>>
^
Winston Conway, Jr.
 Posted: Oct 2 2012, 03:48 PM

Humans

Full App

"Thrilled." Winston said flatly, pouring himself another. His brother knew what he'd been through with his first marriage, and that if it were up to him he would never have married again...but then, it wasn't. The bit Wyndham probably didn't know was that his actual inheritance depended on this. If he didn't 'beget an heir' as his father had so eloquently put it in his will, the family's wealth would pass to some distant male cousin. Wyndham was, of course, out of the question.
PM>>
^
Jake Filster
 Posted: Oct 4 2012, 07:56 AM

Wonders

Full App

Jake. I don't even.
PM>>
^
Wyndham Conway
 Posted: Oct 4 2012, 07:57 AM

Wonders

Full App

"That good, huh?" he mused, after sipping from the glass once more. "Father has been busy."
PM>>
^
Winston Conway, Jr.
 Posted: Oct 4 2012, 12:01 PM

Humans

Full App

"Even from the grave the man manages to control my life." He sighed, dropping into a chair. "So why are you really here?"
PM>>
^
Wyndham Conway
 Posted: Oct 11 2012, 04:57 PM

Wonders

Full App

"Wanted to see how you were doing," Wyndham replied simply.
PM>>
^
Winston Conway, Jr.
 Posted: Oct 11 2012, 04:59 PM

Humans

Full App

"Seriously?" He blinked at that, looking surprised. "Well, I mean...I'm fine. Why wouldn't I be?"
PM>>
^
Wyndham Conway
 Posted: Oct 11 2012, 05:33 PM

Wonders

Full App

"Because you're sulking, you can't sleep at night and you're marrying someone you barely know. Again."
PM>>
^
Winston Conway, Jr.
 Posted: Oct 11 2012, 05:39 PM

Humans

Full App

He winced at that, staring into his glass. His first marriage had been arranged, yes, but it wasn't the same. They'd been happy enough, really...until tragedy had struck.

"Is it so wrong of me, not to want to go through all that again?" He mused, swirling the amber liquid around.
PM>>
^
Wyndham Conway
 Posted: Oct 11 2012, 05:40 PM

Wonders

Full App

Wyndham plopped himself in his brother's desk chair.

"Nope."
PM>>
^
Winston Conway, Jr.
 Posted: Oct 11 2012, 05:54 PM

Humans

Full App

"No choice, anyway." He shook his head. "How did you do it? Leave it all behind, I mean."
PM>>
^
Wyndham Conway
 Posted: Oct 11 2012, 05:58 PM

Wonders

Full App

Wyndham's expression froze for a moment. His brother had never asked that before. That's something they never really... talked about. He didn't make a habit of talking about his life before or after.

Then he smiled. "Did I ever meet this lucky lady of yours?"
PM>>
^
Winston Conway, Jr.
 Posted: Oct 12 2012, 11:49 AM

Humans

Full App

"No." He sipped more of his drink. "And you're changing the subject."
PM>>
^
Wyndham Conway
 Posted: Oct 20 2012, 06:41 PM

Wonders

Full App

"I was, yes," Wyndham admitted, eyeing his drink as he made it swivel slowly in his hand. "One generally abruptly changes the subject when they wish to avoid certain topics of conversation. It often is within the duty of the present company to follow suit."
PM>>
^
Winston Conway, Jr.
 Posted: Oct 21 2012, 01:13 PM

Humans

Full App

"Right." Winston nodded, rising to pour himself another drink. "So, interesting weather we're having lately, isn't it?" It was a clumsy, obvious attempt to change the subject away from his fiance, but he didn't care.
PM>>
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Options   New Reply  New Topic  New Poll 

CBOX