Can't find the cbox? Your screen's too small,
so we've put it at the bottom!
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )  New Reply  New Topic  New Poll 

Private Meeting, Clara (Grayfield Estate)
Lillian Yorke
 Posted: Aug 7 2012, 01:40 PM

Humans

Full App
Played by: Lina

She was chewing slowly, properly. When her mouth was not full of food, she curiously asked. "Whom?"
PM>>
^
Clara Grayson
 Posted: Aug 7 2012, 01:47 PM

Wonders

Full App
Played by: Red

She grinned at Lily's attention to grammatical detail - truly something she respected. "The Protectors were a group of Wonders, years ago. They were... vigilantes, of sorts. Fighting crime and all of that. We-" she cleared her throat. "They disbanded some time ago, though."

She met Lily's eyes cautiously.
PM>>
^
Lillian Yorke
 Posted: Aug 7 2012, 01:56 PM

Humans

Full App

She was always a bit uncomfortable talking about Wonders, but it was rather inevitable with someone like Clara, after all. Lily always tried to do her best when listening to her friend, although she didn't quite always understand.

One word did catch her attention, though. "We?" she repeated, eyebrows rising.
PM>>
^
Clara Grayson
 Posted: Aug 7 2012, 02:01 PM

Wonders

Full App

"Yes," she nodded slowly. "I was one of them. There weren't many, but I mostly served as a... coordinator, of sorts." She knew Lily probably felt awkward, discussing Wonders. It made Clara wonder why she was even talking about it. Surely it didn't matter anymore?

"I thought I should tell you, because I couldn't in Gavin's when you asked what I'd been up to." She hoped that conveyed the extreme secrecy this was veiled under - she was telling other men's tales, and such things did not come lightly. Not that she didn't trust her friend, not at all. It was just always better to clarify exactly how secret a secret was, lest someone misunderstand.
PM>>
^
Lillian Yorke
 Posted: Aug 7 2012, 02:11 PM

Humans

Full App

"I... don't quite know what to say," Lily expressed, quietly.
PM>>
^
Clara Grayson
 Posted: Aug 7 2012, 02:12 PM

Wonders

Full App

"Something," she pleaded. "Anything." Anything was better than this pain of not knowing what your best friend thought of your somewhat shady past!
PM>>
^
Lillian Yorke
 Posted: Aug 7 2012, 02:20 PM

Humans

Full App

"Well, um. Understating it-- I am surprised. Certainly," she admitted, with a curt nod, eyeing her food warily.
PM>>
^
Clara Grayson
 Posted: Aug 7 2012, 02:24 PM

Wonders

Full App

Oh no. Ohnononono!

She was staring at her food as if it would poison her, as if Clara had to taste it! She didn't understand - Clara had been an idiot. Honesty was all well and good, but this had been completely irrelevant! It was over, and she had gone and screwed up the one good friendship she had!

Clara's eyes fuzzed - she was on the verge of tears.

"Please, please understand," she begged. Suddenly, chicken salad was a farce, and tales of heinous adoptions seemed forever ago.
PM>>
^
Lillian Yorke
 Posted: Aug 7 2012, 02:27 PM

Humans

Full App

Lily looked up, startled.

"Wh-Clara."

She stood up, rigidly, and walked over to where her friend was sitting, wrapping her arms around her, from the back. She grinningly said, over her shoulder: "You can't expect me to hear that you've been moonlighting as a superhero and just not take a little while to process it! I was worries for you."

She squeezed a little and rested her head against her friend's.

"I can't imagine how dangerous that must have been!"
PM>>
^
Clara Grayson
 Posted: Aug 7 2012, 02:31 PM

Wonders

Full App

All of a sudden, she felt incredibly foolish for believing her friend would turn on her like that. A small side of her argued that, when one only had one person they could definitively call a friend, they worried. She supposed it was true.

Time for a joke, she decided. "Well," she replied after a pause. "I have a hard time getting hurt when I'm untouchable," she said, though afterwards she was dimly aware that it did little to assuage her friend's worries.

"Anyway, it was a thing of the past, and I'm okay now. I just thought you should know," she told Lily, trying to smile. Her eyes were still itchy.
PM>>
^
Lillian Yorke
 Posted: Aug 7 2012, 02:33 PM

Humans

Full App

She let go and stepped to her friend's side, to look at her plainly in the face. "Thank you. For telling me."

Clara was braver than she was; it was settled.
PM>>
^
Clara Grayson
 Posted: Aug 7 2012, 02:47 PM

Wonders

Full App

Clara smiled simply. "It was no bother," she responded wryly. It seemed they had both gotten things off of their chests. "Now," she continued, "we should eat!"
PM>>
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Options Pages: (2) 1 2   New Reply  New Topic  New Poll 

CBOX