New Reply  New Topic  New Poll 

Notes and Dissertations, Damian Wraith's work
Damian Wraith
 Posted: Dec 18 2012, 09:51 PM

Humans

Full App
Played by: N/A

June 22nd, 1889

I appear to have figured out a solid propellant system. Ether, mercury, and magnesium in a vial, can be loaded into the back, when the trigger is pulled it will be released into the chamber, igniting, and propelling the round through the barrel at an impressive velocity.

Regrettably, it will only allow , meaning I would have to reload often. Secondly, the design of the railroad spikes I wish to use are not compatible with any sort of magazine, mainly because of the bevel end... regardless, I have designed a cylinder that will work, based off the design of a revolver, but in rifle form, the drum will be large, and require a bit of heft, but I'm not one of the pencil neck sorts. I will manage, standard six shooter fare should do. That will give me three vials per drum...

July 11th, 1889

My first outing was not as good as I had hoped, I sustained some severe injuries to my ribs, and more than a few lacerations to my back... don't get me started on my collarbone. My foe had managed to wrest my rifle from my grasp, and put a spike there... I will need to figure out what my future plans will be, I can't let my weapons be so easy for just anyone to use.

July 15th, 1889

Eureka! I found the scope to work wonderfully... the lenses themselves are out of focus... but using a pair of glasses I've designed, using similair lenses, it will bring the scope into focus. I've placed crosshairs on the lens of my dominant, right eye... for the right, I think I could modify some gems my father left in his old safe. I can make multiple lenses, one for magnification... one to see through smoke, or fog.. it would not be perfect, but the red hue of a ruby, conclaved to refract the light, would create outlines of the environment... worth looking into.

August 3rd, 1889

A mask would benefit me. Too often has one of the demons recognized me, the one that had wounded me, as has this current one. I'm still sore, healing from my wounds, but the doctor went down without too much of a fight. Still though, a mask would be beneficial. I'm thinking of integrating the lenses into it. Perhaps leather, treated and waxed to provide a sealed environment... a breathing apparatus would be feasible, charcoal filtration should work, which means I could use a various bit of gases. My voice may be a problem too, I intend to be travelling north quite a ways, my obvious accent would be a giveaway. Perhaps a release of pneumatic pressure... would need an intake valve and build up... Furthermore, never know when I'll be in need of nourishment... at least water... I'll install a drinking apparatus, perhaps carry water in deer skin on my back, with a tube coming from the bottom, and up, over one shoulder, into the mask.

It's a start, next I'll start working on a new gas release system... something that could come in handy in dealing with the monsters.
PM>>
^
Damian Wraith
 Posted: Dec 19 2012, 03:42 PM

Humans

Full App
Played by: N/A

August 10th, 1889

I have figured out a means to carry the volatile substance... Two metal shells, when combined they should make a sphere... if I integrate a gear system, that could allow a spring release, a single twist should do the trick. The further the turn, the longer the timer... but once it reaches it's starting point again, and proceeds past, it will spring open, releasing the contents. I may try a few variants... I've always been partial to Greek fire...

August 25th, 1889

Greek fire worked wonderfully. The potassium in the mixture adds another danger, making it near impossible to extinguish. The mixture, when exposed to the air, ignites, and only by depriving it of air again will kill it. Water will only make it worse, as it spreads... I think I've found my primary grenade choice... I'll need to mark this one red... I find myself looking to history for further inspiration.

September 17th, 1889

About eight years ago, in the Taureg territory of Northern Africa, members of a railway expedition company were rendered unconscious after eating dates, deliberately contaminated with the plant, Hyoscyamus falezlez... a native plant of the Sahara, posionous, but in small doses it can induce sleep in a victim, if I could get my hands on some and gasify it... well, there's a fifeteen percent chance that those in the cloud could be killed, left in a coma, or paralyzed... but I think, given what my prey is... it's an exceptable margin of error. Now, to get my hands on some...
PM>>
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Options   New Reply  New Topic  New Poll 

CBOX