so we've put it at the bottom!
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )  New Reply  New Topic  New Poll 

Speedy Delivery, Elliot/Vivien
Elliot O'Shea
 Posted: Sep 27 2014, 11:32 AM

Wonders

Full App
Played by: N/A

Elliot stood staring up at the main house for a long moment, a bag clutched in one hand. She lived here? As if he hadn't felt bumbling and inadequate before. Still, he made his way to the back door, where one would expect a delivery and knocked. A scant few minutes later and he had been redirected to the guest house, which of course was only slightly better.

Gathering his courage and reminding himself that he had a reason to be here, and that she had said she wanted to see him, he knocked on the door (hopefully not too loudly) and took a step back, running a hand through his hair in an effort to tame it.
PM>>
^
Vivien C. Laurent
 Posted: Sep 28 2014, 08:06 AM

Wonders

Full App
Played by: Lina

The guest house of the Van Der Saant family was acceptable by their standards - they did not wish to insult their guests by hosting them in anything that could be considered humble - and lavish by anyone else's standards.

It had a well-manicured garden which now, in the last throes of winter, lay dormant but well-kept. The bare stalks of vine covered the front of the house and a warm, welcoming light shone out of the large windows. A healthy column of smoke rose from its chimney and when the door opened one's sense of smell might have been pleasantly tingled by the mouth-watering aroma of freshly-baked bread.

Although, the person who opened the door was not Vivien.

In the door was a tall man, well and strongly-built. His blue eyes eyes, momentarily twinkling with amusement, darkened at the sight of the young man. Arms folded, bulging, and a slight frown creased his matured face.

Dominic Kelly had expected the maid. This wasn't the maid. He stepped back and turned half-way, looking back into the room and at the door which led to the kitchen.

"Viv, you got a vis'tor," he called. He then looked back at Elliot. "Come in and shut the door behind you, kiddo. Cold's already biting at my ankles."
PM>>
^
Elliot O'Shea
 Posted: Sep 28 2014, 10:53 AM

Wonders

Full App

Elliot frowned, unable to tell what the man had said when he'd been turned away. "I'm sorry, I...do I have the right place? I've got a delivery for Ms. Laurent." He stepped past the man and entered the house on his invitation, but was still hesitant, awkward as he generally was in interactions with new people. Vivien was probably the only exception to that rule.
PM>>
^
Dominic Kelly
 Posted: Sep 28 2014, 11:09 AM

Wonders

Full App

Looking away from the young man and walking to the kitchen, unaware of the slight problem that posed for Elliot, Dom said: "Yeah, yeah, you're in the right place. Follow me."
PM>>
^
Elliot O'Shea
 Posted: Sep 28 2014, 11:48 AM

Wonders

Full App

Elliot stayed where he was when the man turned away, unsure what to do. "Sir? I'm sorry...I can't tell what you're saying unless you're facing me." It was odd how an affliction he'd had for so long could still be a source of embarrassment. His fingers tightened a bit on the parcel he held, crinkling the paper it had been wrapped in.
PM>>
^
Dominic Kelly
 Posted: Sep 28 2014, 12:03 PM

Wonders

Full App

Dom turned right before entering the kitchen.

"Oh, Dom, I can't let this go right now my hands are-- Fuck!" Vivien's voice rang out, her curse being drowned out by a pretty loud crash that made Dom wince.

Y'alright? he projected, almost immediately, to her.

Yes, I managed to elbow myself out of another bowl, was her response.

"I see. Well," Dom said loudly, eyes looking into the kitchen while his face was facing Elliot. "The lady of the house is, ah, indisposed at the moment."

"Who is it?" called Vivien.

"Some kid with a parcel," he replied.

"What?"

"I don't know, Viv. How about you get out here and--"

"Just send him in."

Dom, lips pursed, opened an arm wide, inviting the guest through the door.
PM>>
^
Elliot O'Shea
 Posted: Sep 28 2014, 08:00 PM

Wonders

Full App

Elliot blinked, nodding after a moment. He still had no idea what the hell was going on or who this guy was, but Vivien was the only one who could really explain that to him with any brevity. Clutching the parcel in one hand, he stepped past the man and into the kitchen, spotting what looked like broken crockery on the floor before his eyes fixed on the lady herself.

"Hi. I uh...brought the candles you ordered." He managed, shifting his weight a bit uncertainly.
PM>>
^
Vivien C. Laurent
 Posted: Sep 29 2014, 01:45 AM

Wonders

Full App

Vivien's face, touched by the red hot tendrils of ire burned with embarrassment at the sight of Elliot. For the longest moment, she was distraught by the thought that he might have heard her swear and then, like an ocean wave, relief kicked in as she remembered he couldn't hear. It was, to her, a small blessing then.

"Hi. I'm sorry, you caught me in the middle of all this... " she said, pulling her hands out of the dough mixture. They looked like they were covered in clay. "Would you like to put them over there?" she added, pointing to a chair in the corner.

Should I be giving you two some privacy? Dom's voice resounded in her head, making her blush even more.

"Right. Viv, I'm off. It was good seein' you." He made his way past Elliot, pecked her cheek and squeezed her shoulder, held his hand out to Elliot to shake. "Sorry for the lack of introduction, I'm Dom."
PM>>
^
Elliot O'Shea
 Posted: Sep 29 2014, 12:45 PM

Wonders

Full App

"Elliot." He smiled faintly, shaking the offered hand before moving to set the candles where Vivien had asked him to. He still felt awkward, but what had he expected? She didn't spend her days sitting in an empty room alone, after all.

"Nice to meet you." He added, almost as an afterthought.
PM>>
^
Vivien C. Laurent
 Posted: Sep 30 2014, 01:41 PM

Wonders

Full App

"Likewise, curly. I'll be seeing you around."

With that, Dom winked at Vivien and said his goodbyes in the private way they both could enjoy, and then stepped into the hallway to retrieve his coat before leaving.

Vivien, in the meanwhile, had managed to clean her hands a little bit and was now gathering up the smashed bowl with remarkable briskness. Her face had not returned to a suitable shade and the unwanted redness had spread to her ears.
PM>>
^
Elliot O'Shea
 Posted: Sep 30 2014, 02:27 PM

Wonders

Full App

Elliot frowned, seeing the blush. Was there something between her and this Dom guy? Belatedly he moved towards where she was cleaning up.

"Here, let me help you with that..."
PM>>
^
Vivien C. Laurent
 Posted: Sep 30 2014, 03:02 PM

Wonders

Full App

Oh, you don't have to. Please. I don't want you to cut--

Then she let out a little yelp, which he most certainly did not hear, and then brought the cut finger to her lips, wincing at the pain.
PM>>
^
Elliot O'Shea
 Posted: Sep 30 2014, 03:28 PM

Wonders

Full App

He didn't hear the yelp, but he saw her jump and stick her finger in her mouth.

"Damn...here, let me see..." He reached out a hand automatically, his nerves lost thanks to the urgency of the situation.
PM>>
^
Vivien C. Laurent
 Posted: Oct 1 2014, 12:42 PM

Wonders

Full App

She let him take her hand. The piece of clay had somehow managed to pierce her index finger resulting in a pretty deep cut. Looking at it, seeing the blood ooze out of it like that, as it ran from the wound down her finger and into the space between fingers, finding every edge and crevice...

Vivien suddenly felt oozy herself, her eyes rolled to the top of her skull and the world slipped awaaaaay.
PM>>
^
Elliot O'Shea
 Posted: Oct 2 2014, 01:27 PM

Wonders

Full App

Now it was Elliot's turn to be glad that Vivien wouldn't hear him swearing as he scooped an arm around her back to catch her before she could crumple to the floor. Carefully, he slid an arm behind her knees and picked her up, marveling a bit at how slight she was before depositing her in a chair and getting a rag to help soak up the blood from her finger. He'd cut himself the same way many times in his workshop, and he knew that keeping a rag held tightly to the wound until it stopped bleeding was the best course of action.

"Vivien? Viv?" He reached to tap her cheek lightly with his free hand. "Come on back now, you're fine..."
PM>>
^
Vivien C. Laurent
 Posted: Oct 2 2014, 02:29 PM

Wonders

Full App

It was a few minutes later that Vivien finally regained consciousness. Her eyes fluttered open and the horror of losing track of what happened washed over her.

"Elliot?" she whispered faintly.
PM>>
^
Elliot O'Shea
 Posted: Oct 2 2014, 03:03 PM

Wonders

Full App

"Hey...welcome back." He smiled, trying not to let himself wobble as his knees went weak with relief. He knelt beside the chair, still holding the rag to her finger. "You okay now?"
PM>>
^
Vivien C. Laurent
 Posted: Oct 2 2014, 04:21 PM

Wonders

Full App

She looked around then at her hand.

"I think so." Her blue eyes once again found his face. "I'm sorry..."
PM>>
^
Elliot O'Shea
 Posted: Oct 2 2014, 04:22 PM

Wonders

Full App

"Why?" He grinned. "Did you plan that all as an excuse to fall into my arms?"
PM>>
^
Vivien C. Laurent
 Posted: Oct 2 2014, 04:24 PM

Wonders

Full App

Her pale cheeks seemed to pink slightly.

"Cheeky."

The smile she gave him was wary but true.

"I'm not very good with blood as you might have guessed."
PM>>
^
Elliot O'Shea
 Posted: Oct 2 2014, 04:39 PM

Wonders

Full App

"Nothing to be ashamed of." He smiled, glad she seemed to be perking up a bit. "Here...if you can hold this cloth in place, I can make us some tea? It shouldn't be too tough to get you cleaned up and bandaged after that." He didn't want to mention that it was probably still bleeding and have her keel over again.
PM>>
^
Vivien C. Laurent
 Posted: Oct 3 2014, 02:22 AM

Wonders

Full App

She nodded, smiling a bit more. "That sounds wise."

The tea is in the top shelf. To your right. Yes, that's it.

It had occurred to her only belatedly that he would have to be moving around the kitchen to do that, so she remembered, with the same sluggishness, that it didn't mean they couldn't communicate at all.

The stove was already on, guarding the room of the frost of late winter. There was a kettle on the side - a nice, shiny black thing with an elegant handle and spout.
PM>>
^
Elliot O'Shea
 Posted: Oct 3 2014, 10:32 AM

Wonders

Full App

He smiled to himself, hearing her voice in his head and following her directions to the tea. It was...nice, hearing someone, even if it wasn't real. Sometimes he got so tired of having to watch everyone's face every minute just to know what was going on.

"So..." He turned to face her again, feeling a bit awkward now that the tea was on and his hands didn't have anything to do. "What were you up to in here before disaster struck?"
PM>>
^
Vivien C. Laurent
 Posted: Oct 3 2014, 02:15 PM

Wonders

Full App

Cupcakes. I promised the children.

Vivien rubbed her temples, trying to focus.

You didn't have to come over here. You could have sent a messenger boy.
PM>>
^
Elliot O'Shea
 Posted: Oct 3 2014, 03:10 PM

Wonders

Full App

"My messenger boy thinks all women are going to 'shank' him." Elliot commented with a shrug. "Besides, I wanted to see you." He hesitated, watching her rub her temples. "I can go, if you're busy..."
PM>>
^
Vivien C. Laurent
 Posted: Oct 3 2014, 03:15 PM

Wonders

Full App

Vivien smiled.

I'm not that kind of busy.
PM>>
^
Elliot O'Shea
 Posted: Oct 3 2014, 03:59 PM

Wonders

Full App

He smiled back, nodding. "Good." Moving to her chair again, he crouched down in front of her. "I'm going to take a look at your finger, okay? You don't have to look if it's going to make you wobbly again."
PM>>
^
Vivien C. Laurent
 Posted: Oct 11 2014, 04:21 AM

Wonders

Full App

Vivien smiled weakly again.

By all means, look away.

But she did give the wall above him the interested look of one who was keen on anything but looking down. Ever since she could remember, blood had made her queasy, nauseous even. But she'd never fainted.

How are you, anyway? And how is your sister?
PM>>
^
Elliot O'Shea
 Posted: Oct 11 2014, 10:34 AM

Wonders

Full App

"I'm fine." He examined her finger, satisfied that the cut wasn't too deep. "My sister is mad at me, which is nothing new." He glanced up at her face. "Do you have anything clean I could use as a bandage?"
PM>>
^
Vivien C. Laurent
 Posted: Oct 11 2014, 10:36 AM

Wonders

Full App

Second cupboard on the left should have some clean bandages.

Then, looking back at him. Why is she mad at you?
PM>>
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Options Pages: (2) 1 2   New Reply  New Topic  New Poll 

CBOX