so we've put it at the bottom!
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )  New Reply  New Topic  New Poll 

What will the future bring? *open*
Ida Belle Williams
 Posted: Oct 7 2014, 03:09 PM

Wonders

Full App
Played by: Jenn

Ida sat at a desk in the parlor of the clinic, staring off in the distance. It was nearly time for her to head home but she was paying no attention to the time. She had gone off to Ida Land.

Her mind had started to worry about the future. In a few months, the baby will be there, then what? She was going to have to quit the clinic for an unknown amount of time. She wouldn't be able to go to the hospital to work anymore either. Not with a young baby. Ben had his shop, the Twins had their own jobs, and Rosie was far too young to watch after a baby alone. Gio was still too young too.

Even though the baby was a blessing, everything she had worked so hard for over the years was going to have to be put on hold.
PM>>
^
Benito Giordano
 Posted: Oct 7 2014, 07:22 PM

Wonders

Full App
Played by: N/A

Ben stepped into the parlor, smiling at the sight of Ida looking all spaced out, and knocked on the door frame. "Excuse me, miss? I had an appointment..."
PM>>
^
Ida Belle Williams
 Posted: Oct 7 2014, 07:42 PM

Wonders

Full App

Ida looked over to the door as soon as she heard the knock. It took her a second or two to refocus the world and realize it was Ben standing there. She smiled back at him and went to stand up. "I'm afraid the doctor is heading out for the day."
PM>>
^
Benito Giordano
 Posted: Oct 7 2014, 11:11 PM

Wonders

Full App

"Well then allow me to walk you home." He smiled, crossing the room and leaning down to give her a quick kiss. "Sorry about...last night. I didn't get a chance to let you know where I was going before things got crazy." He would have to give her the details once they were safely home.
PM>>
^
Ida Belle Williams
 Posted: Oct 8 2014, 03:27 PM

Wonders

Full App

Ida frowned slightly and gave him a small nod. "Its all right. You don't have to worry about it."
PM>>
^
Benito Giordano
 Posted: Oct 8 2014, 03:54 PM

Wonders

Full App

He smiled, touching her cheek. "Are you ready to head home?" He definitely had a lot to tell her.
PM>>
^
Ida Belle Williams
 Posted: Oct 8 2014, 04:44 PM

Wonders

Full App

"I just need to get my coat on and grab my bag, then we can head out." She turned her head slightly towards his hand, placing a kiss on his palm.
PM>>
^
Benito Giordano
 Posted: Oct 8 2014, 04:53 PM

Wonders

Full App

"Sure." He let her grab her bag and reached to help her put on her coat. It was cold outside and he wanted to make sure she stayed warm. It kind of made her a little crazy when he hovered, though, so he was trying not to.
PM>>
^
Ida Belle Williams
 Posted: Oct 8 2014, 05:42 PM

Wonders

Full App

Ida had noticed that ever since she had told him that she was pregnant, he would do little things to make sure she was comfortable or was staying healthy. She knew it was important throughout the nine months to stay healthy, but she wasn't really even showing yet. Maybe when she was almost ready to pop, then maybe he could work on helping her get a little more comfortable.

She pulled her scarf around her neck and looked up at him as they walked towards the door. "Is everything all right?"
PM>>
^
Benito Giordano
 Posted: Oct 8 2014, 05:45 PM

Wonders

Full App

"Sort of?" He smiled faintly as he opened the door and they stepped out into the cold. Offering her his arm, he shrugged.

"Nell's upset, over a lot of things I guess, and I sort of feel like whatever I say makes things worse." He glanced around to make sure no one was close enough to hear and lowered his voice. "Plus Gio ah...kinda made me go find her. Last night."
PM>>
^
Ida Belle Williams
 Posted: Oct 8 2014, 06:13 PM

Wonders

Full App

Ida accepted his arm, pulling herself closer so they could share each other's body heat as they walked. She listened, giving a small nod. "What sort of things? Is there anything I could do to help?"
PM>>
^
Benito Giordano
 Posted: Oct 8 2014, 07:27 PM

Wonders

Full App

"I don't know...maybe." He sighed. "I think part of it is Rosie. She's...not just spoiled. I found out she's been pretty mean to Nell. Then she cozies up to Gracie and makes nice, and gets what she wants."
PM>>
^
Ida Belle Williams
 Posted: Oct 8 2014, 07:40 PM

Wonders

Full App

Ida knew what it was like to be one of the youngest of ten children. The only one that had been younger then her was her brother, but he was only two years younger. But it had been a different situation in her home. Everyone was well behaved because if they weren't, Mama and Papa would give them that look and that was scary enough to make them be good.

"She hadn't had anyone discipline her, has she? And I don't mean by spankings or anything like that. But knowing if she talks back or does something bad, that she'll have to deal with the consequences?"
PM>>
^
Benito Giordano
 Posted: Oct 8 2014, 07:48 PM

Wonders

Full App

"I'm not sure, I mean I wasn't there but...I get the feeling everyone tried to protect her from Mama, and maybe in the process she got coddled too much. Plus she learned from the best when it comes to manipulating people." He winced at that, hating to say it of his own sister but knowing it was true. Their mother had been a master manipulator, which was part of how she'd managed to keep Gracie so loyal while treating them all so badly.
PM>>
^
Ida Belle Williams
 Posted: Oct 8 2014, 07:59 PM

Wonders

Full App

Ida gave Ben's arm a gentle squeeze. "I think that maybe it is time that she needs to know that it won't be acceptable anymore. She's getting far to old to be acting that away as it is. And with the baby on the way I..." She closed her mouth before the continued on. She knew she wasn't Rosie's mother and would never be, but she cared for the girl as if she were Ida's own flesh and blood.

"I think maybe, we need to step up, together and show her that you can't always get what you want."
PM>>
^
Benito Giordano
 Posted: Oct 8 2014, 08:06 PM

Wonders

Full App

"I was sort of hoping you'd say that." He smiled. "I feel like she needs stability, and I think the family will agree. I just didn't want to volunteer you for it without asking..."
PM>>
^
Ida Belle Williams
 Posted: Oct 8 2014, 08:14 PM

Wonders

Full App

She smiled up at him. "Good that." But slowly she frowned. "She's not going to like it. She'll be angry with us at first. I just know it."
PM>>
^
Benito Giordano
 Posted: Oct 8 2014, 08:16 PM

Wonders

Full App

"Worse. She'll do pitiful. She's really good at pitiful." He sighed. "I guess I let her get away with things too. I missed being around Gracie and Nell at that age..."
PM>>
^
Ida Belle Williams
 Posted: Oct 8 2014, 08:22 PM

Wonders

Full App

"I don't think pitiful will work on me. I may be immune since I am the little sister in my family." She reached down to take his hand in her's. It was still strange to be able to hold his hand without holding back her strength.

"Time to practice being a daddy."
PM>>
^
Benito Giordano
 Posted: Oct 8 2014, 08:29 PM

Wonders

Full App

"Oh man." He closed his eyes, then chuckled. "Thanks for that. Can't we just have a boy?"
PM>>
^
Ida Belle Williams
 Posted: Oct 8 2014, 08:33 PM

Wonders

Full App

Ida laughed. "We'll have to just wait and see. But I know either way, boy or girl, I'll love the baby just the same."
PM>>
^
Benito Giordano
 Posted: Oct 8 2014, 08:35 PM

Wonders

Full App

"Of course." He kissed the top of her head. "So I think we're having some sort of family dinner soon to talk about all this. You're invited, of course. You're family now."
PM>>
^
Ida Belle Williams
 Posted: Oct 8 2014, 08:48 PM

Wonders

Full App

Ida was a Giordano now. She was part of their family. Even though she wasn't exactly too sure how Gracie and Nell felt about her, she hoped that they had accepted her as much as Rosie had seemed to.

"Are you sure they won't mind?"
PM>>
^
Benito Giordano
 Posted: Oct 8 2014, 08:50 PM

Wonders

Full App

"Of course they won't. Besides, we need more than just Nell to be standing up to Rosie. You know she's not going to like this."
PM>>
^
Ida Belle Williams
 Posted: Oct 8 2014, 09:00 PM

Wonders

Full App

She leaned her head against Ben's arm as they walked. She remained quiet for a while before she looked back up at him. "I've been doing some thinking..."
PM>>
^
Benito Giordano
 Posted: Oct 8 2014, 09:01 PM

Wonders

Full App

"Yeah?" He raised an eyebrow, looking down at her. "Should I be afraid?"
PM>>
^
Ida Belle Williams
 Posted: Oct 8 2014, 09:04 PM

Wonders

Full App

"No. You shouldn't." She gave a small sigh and looked down at the ground while they walked. "I think that I'll have to quit working at the clinic soon. Maybe in the next few months."
PM>>
^
Benito Giordano
 Posted: Oct 8 2014, 09:05 PM

Wonders

Full App

"Oh." He paused a moment. "I'm sorry. I know how much you like it there."
PM>>
^
Ida Belle Williams
 Posted: Oct 8 2014, 09:12 PM

Wonders

Full App

"Not just the clinic, but the hospital as well. I haven't talked to Dr. Dobbs about it yet but..." She squeezed her eyes closed. "I'll finish my studies and take my tests to get my PHd." She smiled a little sadly. "I only hope that what we make from your shop will be enough..."
PM>>
^
Benito Giordano
 Posted: Oct 8 2014, 09:14 PM

Wonders

Full App

"It's going to be fine. I don't want you to worry about that." He gave her shoulder a little squeeze. "And when you're ready, you can go back to work, and I'll keep the little one with me."
PM>>
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Options Pages: (2) 1 2   New Reply  New Topic  New Poll 

CBOX